• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Annealing Service?

As of now, I just have the AMP annealer. I'd have to get the auto feed if I was going to offer it as a service.
Just looked that up. Oof. And I thought the induction annealers were pricey.

Have you observed any improvement in precision with annealing? Or do you just do it for case life?

Poking around looks like .04-.07 cents each per thousand to process brass, I dont know what it cost to add annealing . Plus shipping.
At 0.07 each per thousand for 15,000 will cost you roughly $1K. Even at $0.04/case you are still saving money.

An annealing machine is $600. Just buy the machine.

At 0.07 each per thousand for 15,000 will cost you roughly $1K. Even at $0.04/case you are still saving money.

An annealing machine is $600. Just buy the machine.

See how things go as we move into spring.
I might update my case processing first.
I got a good amount of 223 and 30-06 to process or just keep chugging along 100-200 cases here and there
Figure if I just get them all done I wont have to process brass for several years

These guys claim to batch process YOUR brass, and send it back to you.

On sale at $99/2500 shipped, it seems like a no-brainer.

Yep that's who I've used to process my 223/556 brass. Great company.
However they do not offer annealing services....

Is 223/5.55 even worth annealing?

I’m just getting geared up to start loading 223 and picked up a Dillon RT1500 today but figured I can get anywhere from 3-8 loads depending on brass and it’s easy and cheap enough to pick up more or buy more.

Is 223/5.55 even worth annealing?

I’m just getting geared up to start loading 223 and picked up a Dillon RT1500 today but figured I can get anywhere from 3-8 loads depending on brass and it’s easy and cheap enough to pick up more or buy more.
Guess that depends:
After 5+ reloads your case necks must be work hardened pretty well.
For bulk blasting fodder probably does not matter much.
I have s good amount of 223 with 8 plus loadings and I just feel like annealing will help with better/more consistent neck tension for another 8+ loads vs pushing them

Back
Top Bottom