Anime?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Two relatively recent ones that are fun: GATE (modern military technology meets a fantasy world) and Chivalry of a Failed Knight (a dude doesn't know the meaning of giving up)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been watching things recently
Things i enjoyed:
Mushi-shi
Silver Spoon both seasons
Anohana
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
and
Your Lie in April

drumenigma

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Have yet to watch Angel Beats though
That show hits you right in the feels.

Some other good shows I have seen are Akame Ga Kill, Berserk, High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Btooom, Burst Angel, Air Gear, Chrome Shelled Regios, Corpse Princess, Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Ergo Proxy, Redline...... Not really anime but kind of a cool film was Cat Shit One. Covert Ops bunnies versus jihadist camels.

Machines

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
How old are you guys? 12?
I'm only 12 when I put on a skirt. And then I'm a girl too.

Also, are there people here who legitimately enjoy Elfenlied? I thought that was popular because it was the first anime with blood and boobs they saw in high school.

Last edited:

drumenigma

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Also, are there people here who legitimately enjoy Elfenlied? I thought that was popular because it was the first anime with blood and boobs they saw in high school.
I remember starting to watch it a while ago and I lost interest somewhere in the first episode. I'll have to revisit it at some point.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I like some old school anime. Ninja scroll, Ninja Resurrection, Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, Robotech...
Does Speed Racer count? I think that is as close to anime that i ever saw. That would be in the early 70s. Trixie![wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

I haven't rewatched it since I was a teenager in college, so I'm not sure. I certainly thought it was cool at the time :)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That show hits you right in the feels.

Some other good shows I have seen are Akame Ga Kill, Berserk, High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Btooom, Burst Angel, Air Gear, Chrome Shelled Regios, Corpse Princess, Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Ergo Proxy, Redline...... Not really anime but kind of a cool film was Cat Shit One. Covert Ops bunnies versus jihadist camels.
Great list. I've seen and enjoyed all of those except Ergo Proxy and Redline. Will have to check those out.

I think Highschool of the Dead does a better job with the zombie thing than the Walking Dead.

Have you seen Black Lagoon or Jormundgand?

Ultimate Shield

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had watched a few episodes of Black Lagoon. I'll have to go back and finish it. I'm not that in to it but it's not necessarily bad in my opinion. I haven't watched any of Jormundgand yet.
Get past the Nazi episodes. It gets alot better/darker after that. Especially once the psycho twins show up

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you going to Anime Boston this weekend? My daughter will be there all weekend as a volunteer.
Cosplaying all weekend in my strange-ass concept art Boba Fett costume

Top Bottom