• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anger and guns

Why does fighting make you an angry person. Getting into a kerfuffle once in a while is a good time in my opinion. Then again I'm also prone to angry outbursts in traffic. But seriously just because I get angry with people in traffic and incompetent people at work. Doesn't mean I'm likely to fly off the handle and shoot someone. Seriously shooting someone is a last ditch effort what do these people think gun owners do all day. Like do they picture us coddling our glocks and naming it and cradling it before bed every night. And yes I'm for a mental health care reform in a perfect world but I have first hand knowledge of how the mass dds is an absolute cluster fu** of an organization. No way I want any of those idiots within a million miles if my psych evaluation. So why do these crazy fools pander to the afraid masses with no real offer of how to fix it. Seriously it just feels like a plant story so that the government can take more control of the health care system

Hmmmm. No mention of the studies that show that gun owners are more law-abiding than people that don't own guns?

Bias much?

Harvard Medical School. I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Why does fighting make you an angry person. Getting into a kerfuffle once in a while is a good time in my opinion. Then again I'm also prone to angry outbursts in traffic. But seriously just because I get angry with people in traffic and incompetent people at work. Doesn't mean I'm likely to fly off the handle and shoot someone. Seriously shooting someone is a last ditch effort what do these people think gun owners do all day. Like do they picture us coddling our glocks and naming it and cradling it before bed every night. And yes I'm for a mental health care reform in a perfect world but I have first hand knowledge of how the mass dds is an absolute cluster fu** of an organization. No way I want any of those idiots within a million miles if my psych evaluation. So why do these crazy fools pander to the afraid masses with no real offer of how to fix it. Seriously it just feels like a plant story so that the government can take more control of the health care system

The "mental health" crap is a foot in the door to defacto confiscation. "Have you ever have PTSD after serving in Iraq or Afganistan? Have you ever sought out professional help to aid in your child's behavior? Where are the guns? Thanks"

- - - Updated - - -

Almost 1 in 10 Americans has anger issues and access to guns, study finds

What percentage of non gun owners have anger issues? I bet its MORE than 10%!

The antis are working hard to push the "mental health" angle. There was a thread here a while back about the controversy surrounding the release of DSM-5, and how it classifies certain ordinary human emotions and behaviors into pathologies that need to be "treated" (aka. cha-ching for big pharma).

Interestingly, this study found that those who owned six or more guns were more likely than the one-gun and two-gun owners to have a history of angry, impulsive behavior – and to carry guns outside their homes. It’s not clear whether angry people are more likely to collect guns or whether having the guns is heightening their aggression – a phenomenon called the weapons effect – but what is clear is that the combination can be lethal.

source:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahae...rom-angry-people-and-reduce-firearm-violence/ (from other thread)
So...how about those of us who own between three to five guns? Somewhat angry? Moderately angry? [rofl]

Last edited:
I can readily admit my own anxiety and anger issues, and it is the reason I choose not to carry my gun most of the time.

Well lets see...it starts off with this BS...

In the study of 5600 people, 8.9% admit that they are "short fused" (what does that mean?)...1.5% of them carry outside the home...that's fewer than 8 people out of 5600 who admit to being "short fused" (what does that mean?).

If they are licensed CCW holders, they are proven law abiding citizens whom have not let their "short fusedness" get the better of them and their State has deemed them to be responsible citizens...enough so as to issue them a license to carry their firearm outside the home.

So what's the point?

Just more BS.

And the lefty EDITORIAL just gets worse as you read on.

Well, I think the study is very flawed in my personal experience because I have always been fairly quick tempered, but having my LTC and especially carrying has calmed me down considerably! I am way way more likely to avoid conflict since having my LTC than at any other point in my life. Not sure if it's like this for everyone, but most people who have an LTC in MA know how easy it is for some a-hole to say you assaulted them and bam - no gunz for you!

Interestingly, this study found that those who owned six or more guns were more likely than the one-gun and two-gun owners to have a history of angry, impulsive behavior – and to carry guns outside their homes. It’s not clear whether angry people are more likely to collect guns or whether having the guns is heightening their aggression – a phenomenon called the weapons effect – but what is clear is that the combination can be lethal.

I guess I'm really, really, really angry. My KIDS have 5 firearms each FFS.

It *is* the weapons effect:

Daaaaad, can I have a new AR?
Daaaaad, can I have a new scope for my 10-22?
Daaaaad, the 12g hurts my shoulder, can I try a 20g?

The "mental health" crap is a foot in the door to defacto confiscation. "Have you ever have PTSD after serving in Iraq or Afganistan? Have you ever sought out professional help to aid in your child's behavior? Where are the guns? Thanks"

- - - Updated - - -

What percentage of non gun owners have anger issues? I bet its MORE than 10%!
What about Ukraine?

Back
Top Bottom