Andrew Cuomo to Parlay Heightened Sexual Assault Tensions into Firearm Confiscation

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
upload_2017-12-18_5-49-9.png

By AWR Hawkins

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) wants to parlay our nation’s heightened sexual assault atmosphere into new opportunities for firearm confiscation.

He is doing this by seeking changes in state law that will make various misdemeanor convictions sufficient grounds for forfeiture of Second Amendment rights.

According to TIME, Cuomo wants misdemeanor convictions of domestic abuse to be treated on a par with felony convictions. New York law currently requires that firearms be surrendered by those convicted of a felony in this category of crime and Cuomo wants to expand that to include those convicted of misdemeanors as well.

Cuomo said, “This year will be remembered as the year of reckoning, when both the tragedy of mass shootings and cultural and institutional harassment of women became impossible to ignore.”

Read full story here: Andrew Cuomo to Parlay Heightened Sexual Assault Tensions into Firearm Confiscation

Never let it be said that a Democratic politician will let a "new opportunities for firearm confiscation" pass him by.

Breitbart's headline is extremely misleading. They're regurgitating a Time story about changes to the law for people convicted of 'misdemeanor domestic violence', not sexual assault. In fact the words 'sexual assault' don't even appear in the source article. These are two different things.

The governor said he would push to expand the type of firearms that those convicted of domestic violence must surrender. Existing law covers handguns, but Cuomo wants it to include rifles and shotguns as well. His proposal would also require judges to mandate the surrender of all firearms, including rifles and shotguns, when they issue an order of protection in domestic violence cases.

"Domestic violence" is sounding more and more like "assault weapons", "gun violence", and "toxic masculinity"

Another Breitbart article.... Come on guys.

This is the first year I've ever considered not renewing my membership to NEshooters. The political pile-ons, schoolyard bully mentality, and general level or ignorance are getting to be more than I'm interested in stomaching.

Breitbart, Huffpost, MotherJones.... they're all shills for an agenda... now are they shills for my agenda? lol

Translation.....you dont read breitbart or any of the others.....if you did you wouldnt lump them together.

I usually do a quick once over each day of all the more well known agenda sites (all of the above included) to see what's popping... this includes TMZ and NEshooters ;-)

Every "news site" has an angle or agenda, whether it's institutional or on an individual basis. I enjoy watching The Five on Fox News because I like the people on it but that show is pretty much a 4 conservative to 1 liberal ensemble cast setup.. I also take it for what it is, an "opinion" show.. and I agree, CNN is competing with MSNBC for the worse TV "news" network. Everyone should drop "News" and substitute "Opinion" in their names.

This is the first year I've ever considered not renewing my membership to NEshooters. The political pile-ons, schoolyard bully mentality, and general level or ignorance are getting to be more than I'm interested in stomaching.
Just want to clue you in, if you vote DEMOCRAT, you are voting against my gun rights.

Every "news site" has an angle or agenda, whether it's institutional or on an individual basis. I enjoy watching The Five on Fox News because I like the people on it but that show is pretty much a 4 conservative to 1 liberal ensemble cast setup.. I also take it for what it is, an "opinion" show.. and I agree, CNN is competing with MSNBC for the worse TV "news" network. Everyone should drop "News" and substitute "Opinion" in their names.
And you too; if you vote DEMOCRAT, you are voting against my gun rights.

Lets hope the Supreme Court of the United States, has the balls to take on a case, and they put all this shit to rest. Infringed is infringed. 2A is clear, no permission required, and we are passed infringed, we are at abuse.
giphy.gif

There's no wrong reason to infringe on someone's God given, constitutionally protected right. I hate that whole family.

You could start a thread and explain how you’d like everyone to act and why.

Did you read it?

Back
Top Bottom