• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Andover Sportsmen's Club sponsorship

You don't need a sponsor as long as you have an LTC. Go up to one of the Sunday morning meetings or monthly club meetings get a tour and ask around about joining.

General Guidelines:
  • Maximum Capacity: 10 rounds
Just looking up what they have for ranges and
Is that actually enforced?

General Guidelines:
  • Maximum Capacity: 10 rounds
Just looking up what they have for ranges and
Is that actually enforced?
Yes, 10 round limit for indoor, and outdoor rifle and pistol ranges. Max 2 rounds on trap and skeet field depending on what you are shooting.

7A34C60E-45F2-4CF9-AED0-D2E34158FB7B.jpeg
You do need a sponsor. Which you will easily find if you ask. Just don’t wear your Biden 2020 tee shirt, if that’s how you roll😉, and I’d take mikelawtown up on his offer, he’s a great guy and will set you right.

Last edited:
I didnt have one. I walked in on trap night. someone showed me around, I filled out an app and wrote a check. Done.

As far as round limits, no one is counting anyone's rounds as theyre going off. Also, no one cares what year your mag was made or how many rounds it holds. No one will ask to see your form 1. No one will check to see if your muzzle device or stock is pinned. Be safe and no one will bother you.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone enforce the 10-round limit. Then again, virtually no one mag dumps when I am there either. The rifle range is really gear more towards precision than sending rounds down range quickly, at least on weekdays.

ETA: I'm virtually the only person I ever see shoot offhand/prone/kneeling too. I'd say 95% of shooters are shooting from a bench with a rest with some time between shots. There are outliers, but that's been my experience over the years. So, it's easy not to notice how many rounds someone loaded since there's a decent pause.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone enforce the 10-round limit. Then again, virtually no one mag dumps when I am there either. The rifle range is really gear more towards precision than sending rounds down range quickly, at least on weekdays.

ETA: I'm virtually the only person I ever see shoot offhand/prone/kneeling too. I'd say 95% of shooters are shooting from a bench with a rest with some time between shots. There are outliers, but that's been my experience over the years. So, it's easy not to notice how many rounds someone loaded since there's a decent pause.
Understood.. Just having it on the books shows the board/member believe that MA BS "High Capacity" is a thing that makes sense

But different ranges for different people

Pretty sure it's changed. I didn't need a sponsor when I joined but a few people have said you do now.
I think they do require one. I have sponsored 4 the past few months. Stop up on a Sunday morning between9-10. I'm sure you'll find someone to sponsor you. Bring your application so they can sign it and wright there badge number down.

Understood.. Just having it on the books shows the board/member believe that MA BS "High Capacity" is a thing that makes sense

But different ranges for different people

No its nothing to do with MA laws actually. In fact it used to be a 5 round limit or 6 in a revolver because of some weird fear that your gun could malfunction and go full auto.

Several years ago the members got them to change it to 10rds which is far better than Reading's single shot rifle range rule or Lawrence's 2 seconds between shots rule.

I like to ring the steel from right to left and back again. Enough people there must shoot prone since they added that swinging door to the last lane. I know I’ve used it plenty of times.
Haven’t been there lately do to a busy life. I have sponsored a couple of friends though so they did change that from When I joined as well.

Having a 10 round mag limit is important to someone,.. or it wouldn't be in the rules. Look around at other clubs,.. cause your an adult.

When I wanted to join, I sent an email to the club. The membership director met me and a group of other prospective members on a Sunday morning and gave us a tour. He then had us use his name on the application.

Since this is your first post, I don't feel comfortable sponsoring you myself, but if you participate here for a bit that could easily change.

I didnt have one. I walked in on trap night. someone showed me around, I filled out an app and wrote a check. Done.

As far as round limits, no one is counting anyone's rounds as theyre going off. Also, no one cares what year your mag was made or how many rounds it holds. No one will ask to see your form 1. No one will check to see if your muzzle device or stock is pinned. Be safe and no one will bother you.

What about the no PCC in the indoor range, they check that one? :)

There's cameras and people upstairs in the clubhouse and office areas so yes they will notice. There's 2 outdoor pistol ranges so use one of those.
For the outdoor pistol range, the rules state "hand guns only." For the rifle range, I was told at orientation I could only use my 9mm PCC on the rifle side.

Here's the deal. There are rso's there, we just like to be low key except for safety. The 10 round thing is because it's a msp class A club, their rule. Any Sunday come in and see Dave at the club house before 10. He'll show you around. Don't be an ass, check clears, your in.

Last edited:
There's cameras and people upstairs in the clubhouse and office areas so yes they will notice. There's 2 outdoor pistol ranges so use one of those.

I don’t even have one, and I do try to respect their rules. Must be brutal running a shooting club in Mass.
And no, a 223 is not a 22.

It was briefly according to the AG.

Back
Top Bottom