• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Andover Sportsmens Club or Mass Rifle Association or Woburn Sportsmens Club?

I have been considering changing from my present Club to one of the three above. I'm primarily interested in an indoor and an outdoor handgun range. I have no problem with reasonable RSOs. The Clubs mentioned all seem to be OK, but I would like to hear from people who have a more intimate knowledge of the Clubs involved. One person who I know is satisfied with Andover, but that is all that I know except for what I read. Would appreciate hearing from people who have comments. Thanks.

I'm a member at Andover. Aside from the 5/10 round rule for hand guns and rifles respectively and the no drawing from holster its a good club. Really nice indoor range, open 24/7 and has a good ventilation system. Nice outdoor rifle and pistol range with steel targets on both. I hear they are working on a 200 yard range. I have no experience with the other clubs

Andover is building a new outdoor handgun range as we speak and expanding the rifle range from 100 to 200 yards. Very nice well run facilities both inside and out and all the members have been very friendly and personable.

Thanks, everybody, for the information. I was leaning toward Andover anyway, and that is where I will enroll.

I agree with this

... Aside from the 5/10 round rule for hand guns and rifles respectively and the no drawing from holster its a good club. Really nice indoor range, open 24/7 and has a good ventilation system. Nice outdoor rifle and pistol range with steel targets on both.

and with this.

...Very nice well run facilities both inside and out and all the members have been very friendly and personable.

The initial cost to join to join is a big pill to swallow, but I'm glad to be a member and it suits my needs well.

My only complaint is their rule that requires shooter's under the age of 18 to participate in a club sponsored gun safety class before they can use the range. The class is only 1 hour but they are scheduled few and far between, and they fill up quickly. My son has gone through it, so he's all set, but I have several nephews and nieces that I would like to introduce to shooting, and putting all of them through this course would be a colossal pain in the ass and would take months. I feel that this rule discourages youth participation in the shooting sports by making it difficult to bring in new shooters.

I sat through the course with my son and I can tell you that it doesn't even scratch the surface of what most people cover with a new shooter.

Other than that, the club is great.

Last edited:
Joined Andover and everyone I've interacted with is great. Mine was a toss up between MRA and Andover. I have already taken advantage of one of the free pistol accuracy classes they offer. Great people all around.

Back
Top Bottom