Andover Sportsman's Club (North Andover, MA)

Just got a new job in the area and I am hoping to join the club but I don't know any current members.

Anyone have advice on gaining membership or interested in sponsoring a new member?

I submitted my application without a sponsor as I am very eager to join! [grin]

You don't need a sponsor. Sadly, IIRC, there won't be any new inductees to the club until the September general meeting on the 2nd Thursday of the month. It's good that you got your application in though.

ETA: There will be a special meeting on July 16th to admit new members. I hope you got your application in on time to get in on that date.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, I actually see they are doing two special meetings. One on the 16th of July and one on the 20th of August. I gave the office a call and sent another email after I submitted my application but I haven't heard anything.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or tips on connecting with someone at the club.

Thanks again!

The gate will open for you on a Sunday morning. Breakfast is served 730am - 9am ($5. great breakfast) Ask for Brad or Membership Director to discuss where your application stands, get to meet some of the members ( they usually don't bite) go watch trap 9am - noon, and talk to some more members, and you have your sponsor! It is a good club and you can see up close and if you meet some members, ask if you could be their guest sometimes and go shoot with them before you become a member. Bring ear protection! Good Luck

Hi,
I currently belong with Danvers Fish and Game but I think it’s time for a change. Is it too late to inquire this year to join. What is the process?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi,
I currently belong with Danvers Fish and Game but I think it’s time for a change. Is it too late to inquire this year to join. What is the process?

Thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim, Meetings will start up again this month from summer break. Go too andoversportsmensclub.org. and go to membership section to get application. The club is open Sunday mornings for breakfast and they shoot. trap 9am - noon. If you cant go then, contact membership director (email on website) and arrange a tour or have questions answered. I was membership director several years ago. If you need more help. just pm me. Steve

Went to tour this club and I was impressed. The ranges are nice, the clubhouse is nice, there were people there shooting in every range and it felt clean/safe.

Went to tour this club and I was impressed. The ranges are nice, the clubhouse is nice, there were people there shooting in every range and it felt clean/safe.
The club is a good one. There is always something being updated. I enjoy going during the week, its like having your own private club, very few use club during week, and except for right before hunting seasons even weekends are not really crowded. If you want training classes, the training department offers lots of courses. I don't know what is being offered during cover but if you join all you have to do is ask. BTW Safety is TOP PRIORITY. Good luck!

I enjoy going during the week, its like having your own private club, very few use club during week, and except for right before hunting seasons even weekends are not really crowded.
That's what I heard too, the guy giving the tour on Sunday said this is "busy" and there were stations open on every range. I'll probably doing during the week during the day too since I'm WFH! I never knew that archery was so big, I might have to give that a go with all their courses.

I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question. I was wondering if anybody up there that shoots archery knows, If they have a setup to paper tune your bow? I just put a new rest on and wanted to make sure before I went up there. That way I know if I have to make something up at home.

I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question. I was wondering if anybody up there that shoots archery knows, If they have a setup to paper tune your bow? I just put a new rest on and wanted to make sure before I went up there. That way I know if I have to make something up at home.

Did you look on this page? Archery Range | Andover Sportsmen's Club

There's also the contact info for the guy who runs the range so you could drop him a note if the answer isn't on that page.

Back
Top Bottom