• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anderson lower ar15 22lr ? Help lol

Hey what’s up guys I’m new here in this site.
huge gun fan I have many in my collection, but the way things in Massachusetts are going I have Ben buying......... either way I was at a shop today they were selling Anderson lowers ( for 22lr rim fire ) you have to sign a paper saying that’s all it for. I’m wondering if I bought one built what I want an it dose say multi cal on the side I believe will I get in trouble. I sign a paper saying 22lr an if I was to build a 300 blk out or something is that illegal???? The kid there said if I build it I have to register it an if it ever gets sold it has to be put back to 22lr rim fire. He never said if it was legal or not so I’m just wondering , looking for help or any one has ar lowers that aren’t 1100. Lol 😂 thanks for your Help guys.

I’m not sure what the ( ag ) is an not sure what my first post is supposed to be. I just was wondering if any one had an knowledge on it. An I’m not sure what the paper says for I never said I purchased one. he told me today when I went there. I checked out the lower an he told me I have to sign a paper saying it’s for rimfire only. The store was mass fire arms. The kid in front of me bought 3 of them leaving one. Witch is why this had sparked my interest an the question....

Pretty sure the shop has outed itself here in other threads...

Here is something one could do depending on their risk tolerance:

- Buy the lower and sign the paper
- Build or otherwise assemble it a 22LR and register it - even the wicked witch says this 22LR builds are legal
- If you happened to slap another upper on it later, there is no law that requires that you register it again nor that says that is illegal
- I seriously doubt the LGS is going to sue you for breach of contract and how would they find out?
- Maura Healey's press conference was not a law making session, it was theater to intimidate FFLs into not selling ARs and lowers

Or don't, if that sounds too scary.

Personally, I think FFLs willing to sell lowers in state should be compensated with more business by gun owners.

I’m not sure what the ( ag ) is an not sure what my first post is supposed to be. I just was wondering if any one had an knowledge on it. An I’m not sure what the paper says for I never said I purchased one. he told me today when I went there. I checked out the lower an he told me I have to sign a paper saying it’s for rimfire only. The store was mass fire arms. The kid in front of me bought 3 of them leaving one. Witch is why this had sparked my interest an the question....
Its just funny that a lot of first post are of legal issue.
Its really simple MA law says one thing our AG adds what she think the law mean or are.
Out AG deemed 22lr not included in her decision of what is legal or not when it comes to AWs.

So yes as far as our AG is concerned that 22lr lower would be illegal as anything but a 22lr if built into something capable of shooting a shot

Get a copy of that "paper" that you have to sign and post it here. Also, out the shop and the name of the "kid". Jack.
Mass Firearms. See post below:

Lowers are not firearms according to the definition of the term in MGL.

It is quite a reach to declare them "similar firearms" when they are in fact, not firearms. It's like banning Pitbulls or similar breeds and using that to declare gerbils illegal.

Show of hands, who has ever been stopped by anybody, and had magazines inspected for capacity/date of manufacture, AR lower inspected for date of manufacture because the rifle had the killy features, etc., etc. Know the laws, know your risk tolerance, enjoy yourself while not blabbering to everyone about what you have. Enjoy your new AR.

Hey what’s up guys I’m new here in this site.
huge gun fan I have many in my collection, but the way things in Massachusetts are going I have Ben buying......... either way I was at a shop today they were selling Anderson lowers ( for 22lr rim fire ) you have to sign a paper saying that’s all it for. I’m wondering if I bought one built what I want an it dose say multi cal on the side I believe will I get in trouble. I sign a paper saying 22lr an if I was to build a 300 blk out or something is that illegal???? The kid there said if I build it I have to register it an if it ever gets sold it has to be put back to 22lr rim fire. He never said if it was legal or not so I’m just wondering , looking for help or any one has ar lowers that aren’t 1100. Lol 😂 thanks for your Help guys.

YOLO !
CVJQSfT.jpg

Well, not everyone drives from Fall River to Hollsiton for an AR lower. You must have had some clue as to what you were buying and the legalities of it?

Well, not everyone drives from Fall River to Hollsiton for an AR lower. You must have had some clue as to what you were buying and the legalities of it?
Well I work in boston so on my
Way home I stoped to look. I heard roomers that they had some. An some one I know bought one an built his. I have a few ar15s I do not like to change uppers just for the range. I wanted to build a 300 blk out was all. I didn’t purchase it if it was going to be illegal was all. I didn’t mean to get people in such an up roar over something I wasent sure on.

Show of hands, who has ever been stopped by anybody, and had magazines inspected for capacity/date of manufacture, AR lower inspected for date of manufacture because the rifle had the killy features, etc., etc. Know the laws, know your risk tolerance, enjoy yourself while not blabbering to everyone about what you have. Enjoy your new AR.
This

Hey bud. Whenever someone new shows up and starts threads looking for loopholes where someone might inadvertently (or jokingly) offer advice that's not quite legal, people get nervous. Don't take it personally. It's not out of the realm of possibility for someone (ahem Attorney General, AKA AG) to try and set people up by asking legal questions. And don't trust any legal advice you get for free on an open internet forum or from a gun store.

You can certainly pore through the Mass General Laws (MGL) if you hate yourself. Or poke around on GOAL's website to help steer you toward written law.

GOAL (Gun Owner's Action League): Gun Owners' Action League of Massachusetts - GOAL.ORG

There's also a legal board here that's full of useful information: Massachusetts Laws

Welcome aboard, lots of people take a beating on their first post.

Its just funny that a lot of first post are of legal issue.
Its really simple MA law says one thing our AG adds what she think the law mean or are.
Out AG deemed 22lr not included in her decision of what is legal or not when it comes to AWs.

So yes as far as our AG is concerned that 22lr lower would be illegal as anything but a 22lr if built into something capable of shooting a shot
We should all actually post our first post in a sticky thread to see how much we’ve grown over the years. I’m sure we would all get alot of laughs out of that one.

Well I work in boston so on my
Way home I stoped to look. I heard roomers that they had some. An some one I know bought one an built his. I have a few ar15s I do not like to change uppers just for the range. I wanted to build a 300 blk out was all. I didn’t purchase it if it was going to be illegal was all. I didn’t mean to get people in such an up roar over something I wasent sure on.
It’s not an uproar. It’s more like this
B3EECB4E-EAE6-4523-B3EE-5580B437E1C5.png

Back
Top Bottom