• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

and you thought you had problems?

EMTDAD

NES Member
we all here bitch about a lot of things... most of them are relatively minor... this should add some perspective

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_4c0eb202-a2cb-51fc-9487-8d802355be01.html

local couple we know.. the woman counseled my wife when we were going through our major marriage crisis.
icon_cry.gif

Life is precious, live it while you can. I've volunteered many times at Dana Farber in the pediatric ward. The determination to live is something you cannot miss. Children have no concept of not making it and it's a wonder to see them even when things look bleak. You're right, in the true sense, those of us who have a healthy family and friends have nothing really to complain about.

My maternal grandmother, in her 90's after a couple of strokes and dealing with cancer (that she did not treat), and after living a VERY hard life, told me: "no matter how bad you (think) you have it look around there is always someone worse off".

I will never forget those words, storys like this make me think of them and her......

My wifes grandmother was from Italy. She would say, once a year on a given day, everyone would toss their cares on the piazza. At the end of the day, you needed to pick up another care.. In the end , after looking at all the other cares, most picked up what they had put there, since the others were harder to deal with,

Back
Top Bottom