• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

And the demonization picks up steam

pdm

NES Member
Link

"Weapons of choice" include semi-auto FN FALs (a popular sport and hunting rifle), AK-47's, and 1911 style handguns. It appears the news reporters also visited a gun shop and took pictures of AR-15's as well.

The demonization of ordinary firearms for the next "assault weapon" ban is picking up steam with the help of the ATF.

It will only get worse. I do not believe it will get better. The government has no incentive for it to get better. More at the link.

That's exactly the point. If they can taint even the common types of firearms, look for the next ban to be a lot more broad.

This begs the question as to why the firearms store owner let the news crew in.

Think they were told the truth about why they wanted to film? And there are dealers that want to squeeze the market so that it's smaller. Less competition.

I see it so clearly now. The problem isn't the Mexican drug cartels. It's their guns of choice that are 'the' problem.

We need to ban highcapacity ziplock bags too. It is the bag of choice.

its scary that people elect or hire officials that are as stupid as this.
if they dont get the guns from one place, they will find them from another. that doesnt take any sort of brain power at all to figure out.

1911? You've gotta be kidding me. There was an article I read about a week or two ago that called 2 pistols and one rifle along with a few magazines for each and a few hundred rounds a "weapons cache" - hell, that's a normal user's collection, perhaps less.

I don't like how they emphasize the gun problem when apparently it's a drug problem fueling this issue. I also agree if the drug cartels can't get the guns from the USA, they will definitely get them from somewhere else. We all know placing more restrictions on lawful gun owners is the wrong way about it.

I don't like how they emphasize the gun problem when apparently it's a drug problem fueling this issue. I also agree if the drug cartels can't get the guns from the USA, they will definitely get them from somewhere else. We all know placing more restrictions on lawful gun owners is the wrong way about it.

they will end up making firearms and smuggling them from south America or inside the U.S. much like they grow pot or make coke, its like saying because drugs are banned no one will have them or be able to make them. i could solve this whole thing.... legalize all drugs that will shut down the illegal market for them.

Last edited:
It will only get worse. I do not believe it will get better. The government has no incentive for it to get better. More at the link.

Exactly. I've even noticed the extra emphasis on otherwise innocuous terms, like "semi-automatic". The next AWB is going to be ugly. I don't think it's coming in the first year or so. Maybe the second Dear Leader year.

they will end up making firearms and smuggling them from south America or inside the U.S. much like they grow pot or make coke, its like saying because drugs are banned no one will have them or be able to make them. i could solve this whole thing.... legalize all drugs that will shut down the illegal market for them.

You can stop making sense now. [wink]

+1...what did 13 years of prohibition do for the country? Made the mob a lot of money...didn't stop people wanting a drink. I agree, legalize all drugs and control the distribution.

+1...what did 13 years of prohibition do for the country? Made the mob a lot of money...didn't stop people wanting a drink. I agree, legalize all drugs and control the distribution.
If you're going to legalize the drugs, may as well put it on the free market. Why advocate the socialization of narcotics trade?

Back
Top Bottom