And now they won't ship TARGETS to MA???

I was just prepping to print up some zeroing and load workup targets for the rifle a few mins ago, but unfortunately full size IPSC targets are a bit outside the capabilities of my printers!

Sounds like somebody needs to get a plotter at work.

Well being in Ma im not exactly surprised! It reminds me how we are also the only state that requires a license for condiments..(pepperspray) obviously that lady had no idea what she was talking about

The way around it is, have some one in a state that they will ship to, order them for you. Then you arrange to repay that person.

Paying them ahead of time always works.

Also, a lot of companies will accept a billing address of MA with a non-MA shipping address. Sometimes it helps to put your out-of-state friends name as the shipping address name.

I stopped being a member of the Sportsmen's Guide because of this. They pretty much won't ship anything here.
You cannot reason with them either. I asked for a refund of my membership and got it.

+1. They wont even send a screwdriver set because it is marketed as a "gunsmith> scredriver set. They totally suck. I continue to make sure they waste as much money as possible on me though. I call periodically and ask that I be sent all of their catalogs. Great firestarters for the woodstove. ;-)

Well all firearms are bad in the eyes of this state ,,,, soo it only makes sense to make the targets illegal too.........right,,, mmhmmm that adds up nicely

Sportsmans guide signed a consent decree enema agreement with the AG. That's why they go full retard on gun related stuff.

Sounds to me like interfering with the "interstate commerce clause". Once again if there are any organizations in MA that back gun owners this should be taken to court!!!

Sounds to me like interfering with the "interstate commerce clause". Once again if there are any organizations in MA that back gun owners this should be taken to court!!!

I suggest that you spend some time on the GOAL website and read about the AG BS, it's all well covered there. There was a suit, GOAL was told they had no "standing" and a dealer's org failed to file an appeal (they had lost) and thus forever sealed our fate. It can't be brought up that way again.

Many MA dealers (especially one frequently mentioned here in a round-about way) like the law the way it is as they were afraid of losing revenue to mail-order/Internet shoppers. End result is many distributors won't even ship to MA dealers after all the BS.
"The enemy within"!!

A word of warning

I got caught in a, "we cannot ship to MA" hassle when I ordered something online. The order was for over 300$ and I got an email a couple days later explaining that they will not ship to MA. I asked why and they explained that it was just a policy for that business.

I said ok, so what do we do now?

They asked me if I wanted to cancel the order and I said, "Sure."

Then they proceeded to charge me an 18$ restocking fee even though they never even took it out of inventory. I called them and they pointed out the 4 page fine print that nobody reads just before you confirm the order. Yea, there it was, a percentage of the total order would be charged on any order cancellation.

So... if you get caught in an order that will not ship to MA, I suggest when that question comes your way if you want to cancel, just say "no, ship the product" and hang up. Leave it on their plate and never cancel!

Sportsmen's Guide let me become a member, then wouldn't ship me anything. Asked for my membership money back and they said no problem. That was over two years ago and I still have not gotten it back. Maybee next week I will see it?

They asked me if I wanted to cancel the order and I said, "Sure."

Then they proceeded to charge me an 18$ restocking fee even though they never even took it out of inventory. I called them and they pointed out the 4 page fine print that nobody reads just before you confirm the order. Yea, there it was, a percentage of the total order would be charged on any order cancellation.

Right. If they'd pulled that nonsense on me I'd have called the credit card company, told them to cancel the charge and let SG waste their breath trying to explain that crap to Chase Bank. That's one of the benefits of using a credit card - the bank is on YOUR side.

Seriously... that's such BS I can't even imagine why you bent over and took it.

me three now...ordered these very dangerous controlled paper products from them yesterday morning. I just hope that they are shown the proper level of respect and caution during shipment for an item of this immense societal danger because I'd hate to see them get loose and go on a spree of terror in the Commonwealth....I shudder just thinking of the damage they could do...

Right. If they'd pulled that nonsense on me I'd have called the credit card company, told them to cancel the charge and let SG waste their breath trying to explain that crap to Chase Bank. That's one of the benefits of using a credit card - the bank is on YOUR side.

Seriously... that's such BS I can't even imagine why you bent over and took it.

I'm with you 110% here. NO WAY that I'd pay any restocking/cancellation fee on anything I tried to purchase where I knew that my possession was legal, but their policies were insane!

Back
Top Bottom