And just like that... city in Illinois uses the Coronavirus to heighten Gun Control methods

Ditto on the Katrina thing. That's gotta be something that has hasn't been updated. I know I wouldn't follow it if I had a shop. Hell, I'd be handing out 50rd boxes of .22lr to customers just to say F.U. to that shit.

I thought that sort of crap got shutdown after Katrina. They're not allowed to do that (?)
Federal law prohibits confiscation or seizure, but that's not what this declaration says. First it says the Mayor "may", as in optional, not "shall" or "must". Second, the prohibition would be on selling or transferring firearms and ammo, not carrying or owning, so even if implemented it would not violate the specific federal law.

Now whether such action fundamentally violates 2A, that's a different question. IMNSHO I think it's borderline. Temporarily closing businesses due to disaster is not a violation of 2A per say, but outlawing private exchanges or transactions is.

Last edited:
Federal law prohibits confiscation or seizure, but that's not what this declaration says. First it says the Mayor "may", as in optional, not "shall" or "must". Second, the prohibition would be on selling or transferring firearms and ammo, not carrying or owning, so even if implemented it would not violate the specific federal law.

Now whether such action fundamentally violates 2A, that's a different question. IMNSHO I think it's borderline. Temporarily closing businesses due to disaster is not a violation of 2A per say, but outlawing private exchanges or transactions is.

Keep reading the next clause down. It allows city employees to take possession of any private property they deem necessary. It's right there in (8)(a).

Didn't read. Does this include gasoline, propane, zoobows, and wasp spray?

Okay, did read and it does limit gasoline and probably propane. Zoobows and wasp spray should be GTG. I like the line about limiting burning up to 2 miles outside the city limits. Does the mayor have jurisdiction outside the city?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Massachusetts still does not have a "Katrina law" to prevent a blatantly unconstitutional act.
No.

It was at the legislative point where it was a fait accompli, but it was killed when the police notice it actually had a penalty if they violated the law.'

I suspect one of our "friends" had a hand in it, or they kept the treachery tippy toppy secret since GOAL was never able to tell us what lapdog did the police bidding with a last minute kill.

Firearms might as well be prohibited in NYC. Nobody's getting a carry permit unless they are well connected politically or wealthy.
Twice, I though people were bullshitting about the carry permit they held. Once was a NYC "special full carry" permit and the other was a bloke down under with a PNG permit. In both cases, unlike everyone who has a "federal carry permit" they did not "leave it at home" or "let it expire" but showed it me. The PNG carry permit holder told me he sold it for 6 figures (in US $$) because they are treated like cab medallions in that county - limited in quantity but transferable to qualified applicants.

Last edited:
And just like that, some MA PDs are using corona virus to suspend license renewals.....

Well folks, As you are all aware, This why we have The Bill of Rights, with the teeth being the SECOND AMENDMANT!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom