• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

And I thought the licensing situation in MA was bad. FU NY.

From someone on another forum.

Sent in all of my paperwork in Feb of 2013 and they gave me an appointment for finger prints of Dec 5 2013. Well after going through that today they said I should get the permit in 6 months and then another 3 months to have it amended with the guns I own.

So if all goes well I will have filed the paperwork in Feb of 2013 and will actually be able to touch the guns I own in September of 2014. Just a quick 1 year and 7 months to get a permit.

So his Constitutionally guaranteed right to own a handgun, as confirmed by the SCOTUS, has been delayed for well over a year.

From someone on another forum.

So his Constitutionally guaranteed right to own a handgun, as confirmed by the SCOTUS, has been delayed for well over a year.

Plus... something like $450.00 to pay for the "privilege".

from what my brother-in-law told me it all depends on who you get for a judge. He and his wife both work in mental health so they know the judges in orange county and didn't apply until a certain judge was on vacation so they knew they would get one that likes to issue permits.

Horrible. No question that NY, NJ and CA are worse than MA...at least for now. [thinking]

I'd actually rank CA better than any of the rest.

No license required to purchase a gun. They have a handgun roster but the requirements to get something on it are very clear and there's an easy work around for new, standard capacity magazines. Finally, I'd almost rather neuter an AR15 with a bullet button vs. the BS we have.

The downside of CA is that it's effectively impossible for most people in the state to get a CCW.

I live in upstate NY. It took me 363 days to get my LTC.

Back in '03 on vacation in Boca Raton, FL we met a career US Army Sgt assigned to Homeland Security to check out airport security. He carried an M9 on duty (wore civvies and looked a bit grubby as part of his job), lived in upstate NY and was DENIED a LTC by the judge in his county!

How is Hawaii? I kind of heard that they're not too great with permits. Wifey and I have been thinking of Texas, but lately she's making noises about Hawaii.

For years there was only one CCW permit issued. I understand that now a few more have been issued. From what I understand the county of Hawaii covers all the islands and the Sheriff is the licensing authority. If want to carry there be super rich and influential.

For years there was only one CCW permit issued. I understand that now a few more have been issued. From what I understand the county of Hawaii covers all the islands and the Sheriff is the licensing authority. If want to carry there be super rich and influential.

Ugh. No open carry either? What about possession of handguns/long guns in the home and for transport to ranges?

Then again.... it would be Hawaii rather than Texas.

MD is the worst of the licensing states, and IL hasn't yet come up with a licensing system that will comply with the SCOTUS order that says they have no choice but to allow legal handgun carry.

As for HI...
Ugh. No open carry either? What about possession of handguns/long guns in the home and for transport to ranges?

Hawaii has a phrase you need to study, called "Place to Keep".

http://hawaiiccw.com/hawaii-gun-firearm-laws/

Then again.... it would be Hawaii rather than Texas.
Misdemeanor to possess a > 10 round mag in HI; felony to have it loaded in a gun.

Back
Top Bottom