• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

And finally I have the video!! Update on top!

You are kidding, right? Lets put it this way with a different example. There are more illegal people working in construction in the USA that Americans. I hope I answered your question.

No you didn't. No I am not kidding. Is that range so incompetent they can't stop a bunch of illegals from renting a gun?

ETA: I don't see what construction has to do with anything.

No you didn't. No I am not kidding. Is that range so incompetent they can't stop a bunch of illegals from renting a gun?

ETA: I don't see what construction has to do with anything.

It was just an example, I don't know what do you for work and you don't have to tell me anyway. But FYI, there is about 1.2 million of ID's in this country illegally used. Not to say that illegal people go around this country more than we do. Do you think that people at the range, at the bars, at pubs, etc, have a data base to check legal ID's? Obviously they don't, not to say that you can show a passport as an ID whereever you go around the USA, and that passport could be false as well.

Ish.

Will a 45 cartridge even load into the mag backwards and fit into the gun? Glad you're OK.

Yikes, glad you're OK. I've never had a good experience at a public range - nothing even 1% as bad as that but still....

Will a 45 cartridge even load into the mag backwards and fit into the gun? Glad you're OK.

For sure it did, but of course didn't go off. The .45 was 1/8 or so into the barrel and that was it. Thanks God for that and for that being the only mistake, otherwise I probably will be no answering you,

Ish.

your a better man than me. Glad your ok. I think ranges like that should have a small safety exam for people who want to shoot . Just a one time thing. People like us that know what we are doing will have no trouble. Gang Bangers that just want to F around will either have to educate themselves on proper handling or settle for airsoft. Id give up 30 minutes of my time to a one time exam as a first timer if it meant my chances of having that done to me are less. I agree with a previous post, illegals should have not been in there. Just because they can get through with a false ID doesnt make it acceptable. I appreciate that illegals are doing jobs a lot of us legals dont want to do, but this has nothing to do with that. Its a matter of someone being able to come in, take a firearm, hurt someone and/or book out of the place with it with no address or identity to be found with. Dangerous stuff. You did good ish, we need more like you.

If you're going to use public ranges, you have to put some effort in to avoid such risks.

I've used only two...one owned and managed by past and active military, in a military town, and the other...the Smith & Wesson range in Springfield which is ALWAYS supervised by two ROs.

Glad you came home safe, Ish!

Glad youre safe.

But you're telling me that you're upset just because they pointed a loaded gun at you and pulled the trigger a few times? Or that they attempted to assault you because you knew how to shoot (and currently possessed) a gun and they didnt?!? Ish give em a break

What you dont know Ish is that these misguided youths were about to turn there life around, they were actually just training inorder that someday they might open a gun range of their own for inner city youth, not because kids need to be more effective in drivebys, but because if not then bad boys II will be their only reference.

Thats a shame Ish, maybe next time you'll think of the children, think of the children Ish.

[smile]

(Good work, sorry you had to go through that, and glad youre safe)

Ish, first off, I'm glad everything ended up okay for you. Second, thank you for once again reminding me how glad I am to be out of SoFla. I lived in Coral Springs for 11 years before I decided that it was time to get out of there in raise my sons up here in NH.

Ish, first off, I'm glad everything ended up okay for you. Second, thank you for once again reminding me how glad I am to be out of SoFla. I lived in Coral Springs for 11 years before I decided that it was time to get out of there in raise my sons up here in NH.

My Girlfriend and I are pretty tired of Florida and we want to move up to the NE area if possible. I personally like VT but I just waiting for a job opportunity up there in order to move. My girlfriend has no problems about getting a job up there, but I rather to move when both of us have a job waiting for us up there.

Our goal is to keep one house in FL and buy or rent for now one up there. Let see what happens and hopefully we can move soon.

Ish.

My Girlfriend and I are pretty tired of Florida and we want to move up to the NE area if possible. I personally like VT but I just waiting for a job opportunity up there in order to move. My girlfriend has no problems about getting a job up there, but I rather to move when both of us have a job waiting for us up there.

Our goal is to keep one house in FL and buy or rent for now one up there. Let see what happens and hopefully we can move soon.

Ish.

What is your occupation?

This is why I avoid pay ranges most of the time. Not worth it. Most of them don't even bother to check that the renter has a minimal amount of competency. (BTW, before anyone gets the wrong idea, in NO WAY am I suggesting that that should EVER be a law or regulation, but pay ranges should be doing it to protect their asses (and their customers) a bit
better. )

If this had happened to me I'd be pretty pissed at the staff for doing nothing about it. They knew these guys didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and did nothing. I don't think I would ever set foot in that place again. I've seen hairy shit happen at private and public ranges, but nothing like that before.

Ish, I am glad you are OK and you are still with us. I would suggest you find a different place to shoot, or only shoot at that place when nobody else is there... it seems the staff there does not give a rats ass about safety.

-Mike

Glad to hear that you are okay....first and foremost. Now someone does that to me and I pull that smoke-wagon and tell them to drop the weapon. Enjoy your wine and make sure those fools never enter the club again.

I belong to MVGC and they ALWAYS check for competency before you can belong to the club. Additionally, they don't take walk-ins. Personally, I think this is the way all clubs should be. Otherwise, you should have to pay for a RO to be standing right behind you the entire time you are shooting.

This is why I avoid pay ranges most of the time. Not worth it. Most of them don't even bother to check that the renter has a minimal amount of competency. (BTW, before anyone gets the wrong idea, in NO WAY am I suggesting that that should EVER be a law or regulation, but pay ranges should be doing it to protect their asses (and their customers) a bit
better. )

If this had happened to me I'd be pretty pissed at the staff for doing nothing about it. They knew these guys didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and did nothing. I don't think I would ever set foot in that place again. I've seen hairy shit happen at private and public ranges, but nothing like that before.

Ish, I am glad you are OK and you are still with us. I would suggest you find a different place to shoot, or only shoot at that place when nobody else is there... it seems the staff there does not give a rats ass about safety.

-Mike

I have never been to a public range. i thought they all had cameras pointed at the lines so they could see what was going on and step in if needed. i guess that isn't the case. if i ran a range it would be.

ish sorry this happened to you and i'm glad your ok. without going back and re-reading the whole thread, did you beat them or shoot them - i missed it. or maybe it's not such a good idea to say and thats why i missed it [hmmm]

anyway glad your safe

Last time I went to a pay range was MFR, I had a great time with the full auto's, but I get nervous when some douche comes in trying to show his girlfriend how to shoot homey-style.

I'm perfectly happy at MRA now. Met a couple of the members, the last few times there. It's 5 minutes from my house, 24 hour access, and everyone seems to keep a pretty close eye on their noob guests.

What is your occupation?
I have a construction business here in FL. but now that I am a citizen, I am looking for the line of work I did for many years back in Europe.

ish sorry this happened to you and i'm glad your ok. without going back and re-reading the whole thread, did you beat them or shoot them - i missed it. or maybe it's not such a good idea to say and thats why i missed it

I will post the report later on as soon as I scan it, but more or less one of them has a broken knee and a broken nose, the other one I believe it has a broken elbow and a busted nose as well as some minor injuries. I am not proud of the damage I did, but I just reacted to the situation the best I could.

Done, and many other people who heard about the indecent are done with that place as well.

I have never been to a public range. i thought they all had cameras pointed at the lines so they could see what was going on and step in if needed. i guess that isn't the case. if i ran a range it would be.

They have cameras and they were on; the problem was that no one was paying attention to such cameras. The guy instead watching the cameras or just look at the huge window, he preferred do go to the store part of the building to chat with other people.

The biggest problem here in FL is that 95% of the ranges are open to the public and they only need an ID to rent a gun. Bad, pretty bad idea, that's why in this year already 2 people kill their selves on these ranges.

Ish.

I will post the report later on as soon as I scan it, but more or less one of them has a broken knee and a broken nose, the other one I believe it has a broken elbow and a busted nose as well as some minor injuries. I am not proud of the damage I did, but I just reacted to the situation the best I could.

Ish.

Maybe you should change your name here to Chuck Norris [thumbsup]

Ish... I am proud of what you did. You rid our country of a couple of low life thugs that clearly would have been a danger to others in your area.

Good job, my friend... and fellow citizen!!!

RichC

Thank you guys.

About for the incident, it looks like will stay like it is, just with the Statement that I did and post this afternoon in here, and nothing further, at least for now.

Ish.

I don't think that I have EVER gone to a range unarmed. One on my person is always loaded at the range.
Smart move; let's not forget how William Russell Matix and Michael Platt got their guns.

I haven't gone to a public range yet; I hadn't even considered the ineptitude that might be found there. Yikes.
Hmm. Interesting. When I learned how to shoot in NJ, the only ranges around were pay ranges, and I don't recall seeing any screamingly obvious cases of incompetence on the range. Of course, this was many years ago...

Who else thinks ISH needs to have a name change to "TheDeporter"
I think we need to buy him his favorite beverage, and if he ever comes up to an NES event I will do so.

one of them has a broken knee and a broken nose, the other one I believe it has a broken elbow and a busted nose as well as some minor injuries. I am not proud of the damage I did, but I just reacted to the situation the best I could.
They're lucky you only injured them instead of shooting them.

Wow! Very glad you're OK, Ish. Can you share the type of training you took in order to do what you had to do in the parking lot?
My worst moment was about 10 years ago at a club rifle range. Couple of young dudes showed up with several full-auto guns, and started blasting, more off-target than on it. Long story short, one guy had the license and his buddy had no clue. So while the owner is firing something else, the buddy stands up and turns around with a Ruger short-barrel, folding-stock, full-auto version of the Mini-14 (AC 556?) and points it directly at my chest. Magazine is in place, finger on the trigger. I wanted to wrap it around his skull, but I figured if I made a grab for it, he'd yank back on the trigger and I'd be doing the Clyde Barrow dance. Packed up, left, never been back. Range officers were there, but looking the other way.

The biggest problem here in FL is that 95% of the ranges are open to the public and they only need an ID to rent a gun. Bad, pretty bad idea, that's why in this year already 2 people kill their selves on these ranges.

Glad to hear you're alright (I'm not sure I would have left it at a beating)

That said, I have to respectfully disagree with the above statement. Public ranges serve an important purpose for many new shooters.

Back
Top Bottom