AN OPEN LETTER TO TED NUGENT:

• Thread starter Finalygotabeltfed
  • Start date
These groups on our side do some good. Wider membership in groups on our side will surely result in progress. Join up and make some noise. You don't have to agree with everything.

See, this is the thing: the NRA isn't really about increasing gun rights. The gun from the great Heston moment is something you can own in NYC without a permit. It's not musket's that are under attack, it's not hunting rifles or trap guns. You can own those in England. Gun control advocates are going after weapons, and the NRA all but encourages them.

All the NRA does is encourage infringement by re-branding it as "compromise". They've gotten more gun control passed than the Democrats. That's not our side, and we need to stop pretending otherwise.

See, this is the thing: the NRA isn't really about increasing gun rights. The gun from the great Heston moment is something you can own in NYC without a permit. It's not musket's that are under attack, it's not hunting rifles or trap guns. You can own those in England. Gun control advocates are going after weapons, and the NRA all but encourages them.

All the NRA does is encourage infringement by re-branding it as "compromise". They've gotten more gun control passed than the Democrats. That's not our side, and we need to stop pretending otherwise.
Any political organization will, in time, discover it can catch more flies with honey. It will, like any organization, discover that in the short term, it can be more productive and profitable with pragmatism than principle...

The key in that last sentence is "short term". Over the long term, this is not the case with politics. Principle is the only thing that slows the inevitable slide into despotism and destruction of even the most free society. Which is why we should teach this principle to our children rather than variations of communism given various other names to disguise this purpose.

Life/reality invariably bring compromise, but you have to start with a good foundation of principles or compromise turns into depravity.

We have to force the NRA to see the big picture as "voters" in their agenda. Get out the carrot and the tick. If they don't do anything for you - don't do anything for them.

Don't you have to be a paying member to be a voter in their agenda?
3 ways to vote - "yes", "no", "no soup for you"

Much like buying stock in bad companies, giving them money is a yes vote to what they are doing...

If you feel you can make a difference as a member - then do it. If you feel you can't stop feeding the beast.

Could it be coincidence that at the same time the Second Amendment March was taking place in Washington DC, the then-current issue of American Rifleman contained an interview with Ted Nugent? Here’s a link to the extended online version.

We couldn’t pay Ted’s expensive appearance fee, so he didn’t care enough to show up and voice his support for the 2nd Amendment—even though he’d previously pledged to be there—and at the same time the NRA is running an article about how great The Nuge is and how he is “so outspoken in defense of hunting and Second Amendment issues.” Huh, really?

And guess what. Chris W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director, who conducted the interview never even asked Nugent anything (or at least didn’t print anything) about the Second Amendment March. How lame is that? Do they think that by ignoring it they can make people forget about the slight? What a slap in the face.

Can a Gentile join JPFO?

Well, as you've already heard, the answer is clearly YES. You don't have to be a Jew to join JPFO, just as you needn't be a Jew to support the aims and objectives of the organization. They're a tough bunch when it comes to defending RKBA. This Christian is proud to be a member.

I took the 2-year deal.

So you do see that, yet you advise against membership?

"What you [STRIKE]subsidize[/STRIKE]pay for, you get more of, and at a greater price."

As Cekim put it, I vote "No soup for you". The NRA has a long history of treating gun rights as "hunting rights", and that's exactly the kind of thinking that got England where it is today.

"What you [STRIKE]subsidize[/STRIKE]pay for, you get more of, and at a greater price."

As Cekim put it, I vote "No soup for you". The NRA has a long history of treating gun rights as "hunting rights", and that's exactly the kind of thinking that got England where it is today.

Bottom line - Are you saying we'd be better off without that long history of the NRA? And that the NRA of today is no better?

During this long history of treating gun rights as hunting rights, was the NRA membership full of 2A supporters, and the leadership was ignoring them? Or during this long history, was the NRA membership mostly Fudds and the leadership was doing what it's membership wanted?

Let's just cut to the chase here. Please give me the list of 2A groups whom you support. I'm asking because I really want to know. Maybe I don't have all the info, or maybe I'm just not that bright, but I'm reading threads in what I thought was a site for shooters, and I'm getting a lot of "don't support the NRA" here, and some "don't support GOA" in another thread. It's sounding a little like people from the other side. Surely you can understand my confusion.

Maybe there are other groups that I'm not aware of who do all the heavy lifting. I'd like to know. Maybe there are other 2A groups whom legislators respect (or fear), but besides the NRA I can't think of any.

I don't know the whole history, but I think the NRA will to a large degree do what it's members say to do. If it's full of Fudds, then it'll be a Fudd organization. If it fills with people who are stronger supporters of the 2A, it will change. I could be wrong, but that's my take.

Bottom line - Are you saying we'd be better off without that long history of the NRA? And that the NRA of today is no better?

During this long history of treating gun rights as hunting rights, was the NRA membership full of 2A supporters, and the leadership was ignoring them? Or during this long history, was the NRA membership mostly Fudds and the leadership was doing what it's membership wanted?
I am certainly glad the NRA was around and did what they did, but past success does not excuse more recent failure. In fact "recent' now stretches back to the treachery that is the 1968 GCA.

Much like the Republican party, you don't want to cling to the ship all the way to the bottom if that's the direction they choose to steer.

If you continue to reward failure, you will get an organization exceedingly good at failing.

It started good and then goes down hill. I'm sorry I don't think registration is a bad idea, nor do I have a problem with getting a license. The problem is how these processes are implemented. I want a federal license to replace the state licenses so reciprocity and transporting firearms across state lines becomes a non issue.

It started good and then goes down hill. I'm sorry I don't think registration is a bad idea, nor do I have a problem with getting a license. The problem is how these processes are implemented. I want a federal license to replace the state licenses so reciprocity and transporting firearms across state lines becomes a non issue.

You post is antithetical to the intent of the 2a. The joke picture is fitting.

Ok, it's clearing up for me now. Don't join pro-2A groups, and registration is good. Interesting group. It's no wonder things are in the state they are in.
The nazis would have loved you, as would Stalin. Registration and licensing turn a right into an easily revoked privilege. A federal license? Are you shitting me? OMFG...
Now, THAT'S the Jim I remember! +1

I'm not saying we'd be better off without the NRA, but I wouldn't say we'd be better off without Democrats either, that doesn't make me want to give them money. I'm in JPFO, GOAL, and RWVA. I don't support, and will not fund, any federal group that supports the travesty of 68.

Guys slowdown. I understand your emotions, but try not to forget that we all have a certain learning curve to overcome. Your eyes might be a bit more open than Sibb’s, but help the man learn and grow. Remember that in the days of free-range slavery (the modern times), mind control is crucial. These people been practicing their craft for centuries, and during the last 80-90 years the psychoanalytical techniques of mass control have been polished to near perfection. So give the guy a chance.

Sibb, gun registration has always led to gun confiscation and later to mass murder. It is not a question of if, but rather of when. The rabbit hole is very deep. If you choose to go down it, you might not be able to go back. Arms control is just the surface issue, all be it, a very important one. Since this tread kind of turned into a conversation about JPFO – check out their movie “Innocents Betrayed” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsgR...A3E3FFFB&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=14). If it raises an internal dialogue – great. Get more info (books/articles/web) and keep asking why, what if, potential cost/benefit, etc. After awhile your eyes will begin to open.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom