• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

An Old Friend

Patriot

NES Member
I renewed my acquaintance with an old friend at the range today. Got a new
pair of Hogue grips and needed to see how it felt. It was fantastic! I got the
bug from shooting the .38's out at the S&W Shooting Sports Center. This is
a 2.5" M66 K-Frame (Model 19 in S/S). I shot some .38 and some 158gn .357.
I put this away due to not really feeling comfortable with it. The Hogue Monogrips
made all the difference in the world. Oh, and a very nice shooter as well.

M66_1a.jpg

Those Hogue round butt grips are the shiznit!

I replaced the square butt conversions that came with my Model 65 with the same ones you got there and the gun was transformed.

That's a beauty TBP. I've been looking for a S&W .357 in stainless with a bit longer barrel (3") for a while.

I guess there's a reason there's rubber and there's wood, personal preference.

I've got a 66-5 (shown here with it's brothers - don't have a pic by itself) and as soon as I got it, I took the rubber off and put on wood. I can't stand rubber. I take the rubber off all mine. The only revolver I have rubber on it my Dan Wesson K22 and only cuz I can't find wood for it.

I can see why you have had the 66 all these years. I doubt I'll ever get rid of mine either. I think it's the perfect revolver. The only way mine would go would be if I could trade it towards a 3 incher. That's the ultimate perfect revolver.

3magnums.jpg

It's a great little gun but considerably more expensive to shoot than a .38. It has remarkably little recoil compared to a .38 but the .32mag has about the same ballistics as a .38+p, that along with 6 rounds instead of 5, makes it a nice piece to carry.

It's super light with the titaniun wheel.

It's a great little gun but considerably more expensive to shoot than a .38. It has remarkably little recoil compared to a .38 but the .32mag has about the same ballistics as a .38+p, that along with 6 rounds instead of 5, makes it a nice piece to carry.

It's super light with the titaniun wheel.

Are you going on the NES Shoot? If so, let me know and I'll pick up some
ammo to give it a try if you would be kind enough to bring it along.

TBP

Back
Top Bottom