An NES Appropriate Camper

I love how every outdoor activity has to become as expensive as possible. Hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, hiking. Gotta be a good consoomer ya know.

Is there some law I'm not aware of saying you can't use the cheapest/minimalist camping shit possible if you want? People still do that.

Just because someone makes something don't mean you have to buy it. [rofl]

Yeah no shit Sherlock. I think it's ridiculous the way outdoor activities that once had an actual practical purpose have now become just a way to spend as much money as possible. It's marketed that way. I just have to laugh at dipshits that sell this crap and the even bigger dipshits that buy it. "Oh I need this new piece of whatever gear they're selling because it's 1% better than what I bought last year." What a waste of money and resources.

Yeah capitalism is just totally awful, heaven forbid someone make something someone wants to buy. [rofl] (a thing that, mind you, if you dont buy it, likely wont affect your ability to camp in any way you see fit etc. ) lol.

Please stop it with the "but muh capitalism" nonsense everybody knows capitalism is better but most of this stuff is just crap that no one ever actually needs.

I refuse because I think the "nobody needs that" mindset is pure steaming dogshit. You do realize you are on a GUN FORUM and that "Nobody needs that" is practically the #1 rallying
cry of the people who want to kill us and steal our shit? [rofl]

Nobody needs a lot of things. We should just stop making private jets, motor yachts and things like that, no more luxury hotels or anything like that. f*** those people and the thousands of people they employ supporting all that stuff. "Nobody needs that. " [laugh]

BTW I think it was Sheryl Crow or someone that said we only need 1 sheet of toilet paper per bathroom visit. Anything more is wasteful.

People don't buy this stuff because they want it or need it. They buy it because somebody is constantly ramming ads in their face that tells them to buy it. Let's face it 99% of the population is sheep who will buy whatever knick knacks and trinkets they're told to buy.

This argument in this example makes absolutely no sense- 99% of the population can't even afford something like this, so in that regard, the product is self-deselecting.

This is like getting outraged over a gold plated toilet or something. [rofl] Is it stupid? sure.... but I aint going to tell someone how to spend their money.

Also I dunno about you but I havent seen any ads for this on TV lately or even in my youtube references etc so on. I didn't even know this existed until someone posted it
here.

Buying a $1 million jacked up mansion on Wheels doesn't actually make you any better at camping but people that make this crap won't tell you that. In fact it probably makes you worse. Having $1,000 fly rod doesn't make you better at fishing. All this outdoor sporting goods gear has just gotten stupid now.

Lol when did anyone EVER claim any of this stuff ever made you "better" at something? [rofl]

You think it's steaming horseshit just because that's how you feel but the truth is that 99 percent of outdoor gear is garbage that people don't need or never will use. Alot of it made in China. They only think they need it because marketing tells them they do. You know how many people I've seen with $1,000 fly rods who don't know how to cast? Those rods are only marginally better than the last model. Or how about all the people that buy their Gucci ARs they're just going to sit at a bench and punch paper all day but have no actual fundamental shooting skills.

It's all a retarded waste of money. This camper is the most obscene example of crap in the outdoor world that is just wasteful and unnecessary. I mean if you want to buy anything it's your money so go ahead but don't tell me it's a good idea or actually useful. You think it's useful because a corporation and their sponsored pros told you so.

99 percent of the population doesn't have to buy this thing either. How many people buy F350s and never use them for what they were intended for? It's just dumb.

The outdoors have simply become less about knowledge and skill and more about how much money you can spend.
So unless someone has the knowledge and skill ( and physical capabilities), they should stay home? That's a different type of elitism.

Where do you draw the line, on too much money being spent? A $500 tent? $100 tent? $15 tarp from Ocean State Job Lot?
You do know that for most of human history (including now, in some places) shoes (don't even think about specialized hiking boots!) are just a theory, and not "needed"

Is it a waste? Depends.... I think that a $6 coffee is too much, but people buy them. There are people here that think that $0.99 for a large Cumbie's iced is profligate. If you've got 9/10 of a million that you don't need for other purposes, and want to buy the thing, go for it.

Where do I fall on the spectrum? I bought a WantAd pop-up for $700. Tent people thought I was wasteful; I thought the people with the pop-ups with air conditioning was a bit much. I'm sure they could not understand the point of a Class A.

I know people who have built expedition campers for less than 150K. You start with an LMTV or a 5-ton MTV. Figure 12-15K for the truck and another 15 for high speed gears and rebuilding everything that it needs rebuilt. The box from Total Composites is 20K. If you want to go fancy and do a multi-point mount like on Unicat, it will be another 10-15. I got by without the multi-point mount system, used good ol' spring mounts like on fuel oil tankers. Works fine so far. Figure 5K to have the box assembled, bed removed and box put on the chassis. That puts you at 70K, more or less. The rest (the build out of the box inside) is limited only by your imagination and the thickness of your wallet. You could get by with a mini split for a couple of grand (I do) or a custom HVAC system for $20K. Eberspacher forced air heater for 3-4K or a no-name Chinese unit for $500. Simple finishes inside, or something fancy. I figure the box interior buildout anywhere between 25K and 60-70K. So, there you have it, for under 150K you can have a high end expo camper built. Or, if you economize you could do it under 100K. Or you could just buy a 17 ft travel trailer, chop the axle off and bolt it on using spring mounts. Works perfectly fine for me.

I’d buy it just to piss NES off. Then I’d watch The Tomorrow War on repeat just to rub salt in wound
Exactly, if that was mine it would be riddled with dents from actually using it.

For that price tag it’s not even bullet resistant?

Imagine some idiot buying that and putting full coverage insurance on it?

The people who buy shit like that park it right next to the boat they never use, the jet skis they never use.

If I hit the mega millions or Powerball I’d buy one of these and f***ing destroy it and then just leave it in the gutter. Then laugh at all the NES members.

No winch? Amateur level

Edit.. I guess the $800,000 price tag does include a shitty winch.

Last edited:
Exactly, if that was mine it would be riddled with dents from actually using it.

For that price tag it’s not even bullet resistant?

Imagine some idiot buying that and putting full coverage insurance on it?

The people who buy shit like that park it right next to the boat they never use, the jet skis they never use.

If I hit the mega millions or Powerball I’d buy one of these and f***ing destroy it and then just leave it in the gutter. Then laugh at all the NES members.

No winch? Amateur level

Edit.. I guess the $800,000 price tag does include a shitty winch.

Somebdy got up on the wrong side of the bread this morning. :rolleyes:

$830,000..?
I’m sorry but get the f*** out of here.

I can’t remember what the cost was for Elon Musk to send me to space but that sounds like a better idea

You’ll never guess what the latest group is that’s into “Overlanding.”

Prius owners - especially the Prius V wagon.

It’s warm in summer in the south and there are a lot of insects. You can run a Prius AC unit all night on a quart of fuel. People put a 2” lift kit, bigger tires, and they are “Overlanding.”

Ditto old Outbacks and 4Runners. 2-4” lift kit, AT tires and some decals = Overlanding.

This woman brought a diesel Land Rover in from Europe and has done some pretty clever mods.

View: https://youtu.be/JCm7FZOBXbU

I think somebody already said this but for 830,000 you can have something much better. Camper and woman

You’ll never guess what the latest group is that’s into “Overlanding.”

Prius owners - especially the Prius V wagon.

It’s warm in summer in the south and there are a lot of insects. You can run a Prius AC unit all night on a quart of fuel. People put a 2” lift kit, bigger tires, and they are “Overlanding.”

Ditto old Outbacks and 4Runners. 2-4” lift kit, AT tires and some decals = Overlanding.

This woman brought a diesel Land Rover in from Europe and has done some pretty clever mods.

View: https://youtu.be/JCm7FZOBXbU

Funky Camper Conversion Turns Your Toyota Prius into a Home on Wheels​

1668826860685.png

You think it's steaming horseshit just because that's how you feel but the truth is that 99 percent of outdoor gear is garbage that people don't need or never will use. Alot of it made in China. They only think they need it because marketing tells them they do. You know how many people I've seen with $1,000 fly rods who don't know how to cast? Those rods are only marginally better than the last model. Or how about all the people that buy their Gucci ARs they're just going to sit at a bench and punch paper all day but have no actual fundamental shooting skills.

It's all a retarded waste of money. This camper is the most obscene example of crap in the outdoor world that is just wasteful and unnecessary. I mean if you want to buy anything it's your money so go ahead but don't tell me it's a good idea or actually useful. You think it's useful because a corporation and their sponsored pros told you so.

99 percent of the population doesn't have to buy this thing either. How many people buy F350s and never use them for what they were intended for? It's just dumb.

The outdoors have simply become less about knowledge and skill and more about how much money you can spend.
If you follow the “what’s Overlanding” thread you will know that there is some good info in that thread. I agree with the great outdoors being hijacked by all the instaturd weirdos. I am building a Tacoma right now that will be done this spring, it’s EXPENSIVE! And I’m flinting wherever I can😂. I can walk out into the bush and survive or camp old school but the vehicle I’m building isn’t just for camping and road-trips. It’s purpose built and I will be able to sustain myself my two kids and my dog for months at a time while in place..then all I gotta do is gas up and go to a different location. While those earth roamers are excessive, building a bug out/family camping style vehicle is worth it’s weight in gold.

Good lord! I get by with my 08 Tacoma dc 5’ bed with a cap and an old piece of 2” foam sheet!!

And with that, you'll probably never get a smokin' hot interweb chick pimping your ride on an interweb video.

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom