• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

An intruder is at your door

You are in bed sleeping but awaken by the noise (or wife elbowing you). Goal is to secure residence. How fast are you getting to your firearm using lawful measures of security?

I am a newbie and curious of quick ways to get to my sidearm. Where is a good place to keep it? Under the bed?

Class recommendations welcome

There's a lot more to this but here are a few tips:

First, Doberman. Rottie, GS wakes you up and buys time - you need time. And cover. And a plan. And training...

Hit the hidden panic button you had installed in your bedroom - the one that sets off the LOUD wireless siren while wife calls 911 on cell phone and stays on
the phone - "we're being broken in to, my husband is 6' tall with mustache and brown hair and has a GUN with a flashlight"...

Where you keep your Surefire equipped 9MM whatever (w/HST's) and spare mag is your business.

Assuming you've had the training necessary to save your life - if not go to Sig or whatever but get trained.

More to this but get trained.

I have a bedside safe, takes about 1 second to open it. Had a bump in the night last year (someone walked up our long driveway and tried to get in the garage.) I was out the bed, pistol in hand very fast, .45 with a light on the rail.

I'm a light sleeper and so is my dog.

Intruder will not be down for breakfast and local sheriff will gladly notify the coroner to come here and pick up the body.

Average sheriff's response time around these parts is 20 mins on a good day, an hour if they're busy. People don't "intrude" around here because they know they are more likely to get killed than not....period end of story.

As for it happening here, I'll likely greet them at the door with a Romi AK with 85rd drum after they've tripped one or more of the perimeter motion sensors and set off my three dogs.

If they are stupid enough to enter it will be the last doorway they walk through.

So you are not grabbing your firearm and waiting 5 minutes for the police?
I have 2 rottweilers that aren't fond of people coming into my house..if that fails I'll blow my rape whistle I keep on the nightstand. Other than that I'd never put online what I'd do incase the scenario happened. I'd only hope it doesn't happen but always try to prepare for it happenening.

I just press the "deter" button on my safe storage coffin bed. A little compartment opens to dispense earplugs. You put the earplugs in, close the compartment and speakers throughout the house blast the 1877 kars 4 kids ad on a 5 minute loop. If there is someone in the house they'll never come back

There's a lot more to this but here are a few tips:

First, Doberman. Rottie, GS wakes you up and buys time - you need time. And cover. And a plan. And training...

Hit the hidden panic button you had installed in your bedroom - the one that sets off the LOUD wireless siren while wife calls 911 on cell phone and stays on
the phone - "we're being broken in to, my husband is 6' tall with mustache and brown hair and has a GUN with a flashlight"...

Where you keep your Surefire equipped 9MM whatever (w/HST's) and spare mag is your business.

Assuming you've had the training necessary to save your life - if not go to Sig or whatever but get trained.

More to this but get trained.
I just don't see myself calling 911 the closest cop will be at least 5 minutes. I will wait for my neighbors to call in gunshots or I'll call them in the morning.

I just don't see myself calling 911 the closest cop will be at least 5 minutes. I will wait for my neighbors to call in gunshots or I'll call them in the morning.

Police record all 911 calls and this will be used in court...may also prevent them from shooting/killing you instead of the BG since they have your description...

NH residents: Reach over to bedside table. <click> bang, bang, bang. done.

MA residents: Pee yourself, run to phone and dial 911, because your biometric safe won't open.

I throw my keys on the roof ,bang my wife and leave an upper decker on my shitter. Burglar knows I'm an NES member and flees for his life.

I'm going to go with the Atilla response :
Find the intruder's home, bang his wife, put his dog on the roof, and drop a duece on the upper deck.... or something like that.

1st Turn the shepherds loose out of the bedroom, then I join them with a extra killy glock. Mrs. Vice remains upstairs with her extra killy glock and has orders not to allow anyone up the stairs, or I'll bang her and leave an upper decker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom