1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

An evening with the clintons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jkelly1229, Apr 29, 2019.

1. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

2. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

Wait...they're asking people to PAY MONEY to watch them stand on a stage and yap about how great they are?

NHCraigT and Woodsy like this.
  3. RapidTransit

RapidTransit NES Member

Some tickets are $500.00+ [rofl]

4. Jason m

Jason m NES Member

They been doing it for years, why stop now.

M1911 likes this.
  5. usp45ct

usp45ct

Would be cool to load up the audience similar to the Dems during the kavanaugh hearings. Every 5 minutes start hitting up any one of the many scandals following these 2.

Gold would be if there is a Q&A open forum at some point.

6. powerman

powerman NES Member

I'll Chip for some else to go. will call it 50/50, we could give a few, 200% of ticket price and you get to keep 100% to handle your pain and suffering.

timbo and jkelly1229 like this.
  7. jpk

jpk

I dont suppose this is like one of those carnival games where you get to sit in the front row and put sticks of bb's into the air guns and shoot at the ding bats on stage instead of the targets?

8. W.E.C

W.E.C NES Member

When do they play fords theater?

yanici, timbo and nstassel like this.
  9. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Those are VIP tickets for selected few and they do include complimentary dry cleaning!

10. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Hmmm. It would be horrific, but I might consider suffering through their babbling if they pay me $500. It's still a bit low though... Raise to 1000, bring wife, and we earn a cool 2000.

11. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I would assume that is so I can then get my own puke cleaned off of my clothes?

12. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

this could make a good escape room. With your tickets to the event comes a piece of incriminating evidence against Billery. Your job is to survive the night without shooting yourself in the back of the head a few times.

mwalsh9152 and 10thSFFD like this.
  13. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Enthusiastic stain collectors will have their stains signed, they will not destroy them! Some days, if in perfect condition, they can have them apprised on PBS.

Prepper likes this.
  14. s4mt3k

s4mt3k NES Member

someone with money to burn should do the same;

[​IMG]

15. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Waste of money, CNN will report crowds standing on streets outside of the venue anyway.
    Bernie in the front row would be a better idea. You know what I mean:
    ber.jpg

looser38 likes this.
  16. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

I might be persuaded to go and heckle...but i draw the line about wearing a blue dress!

10thSFFD and looser38 like this.
  17. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

narcissists and sycophants

10thSFFD and Choctaw like this.
  18. Deutsche_Dog

Deutsche_Dog NES Member

Heh, I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. It’s truly hard to believe these criminals are getting paid for this! :eek:

10thSFFD and Choctaw like this.
  19. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I'd go. I'd have a big-ass cigar in my mouth, too. Unlit of course. But I'd have it. ROFL!!!

20. jct61765

jct61765 NES Member

I'd bring a bell.

Dennis in MA likes this.
  21. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

[​IMG]

22. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

We have idiots who would pay even if these 2 would not show up. She gave one presentation for $500K to Putin without ever showing up in Moscow.

23. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

And the entire speech was "here is 20% of our uranium".

10thSFFD likes this.
  24. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Pssst.....That is still a secret for 50% of our citizens. They still think she was just dumping source of radiation in the name of Green New Deal. Our future is in wind and solar!!!!

Prepper likes this.
  25. quincy

quincy NES Member

A good dry cleaner will always go through your pockets looking for some scratch before throwing it in the hopper.

26. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Feedback on hasbeens:
    Spin tour for the Clintons
    Other presidents have moved discreetly, gracefully, even gratefully, into their post White house years. George Bush, George H. W. Bush, Jimmy Carter. Clearly former president Clinton and his almost president wife Hillary, also a former US senator and former US secretary of state, have not, and I was left wondering Tuesday: What’s the point of all these performances? It can’t just be about money, can it? Or a bottomless need for the ovation they received — everybody standing — when they took to the stage a half hour late? Meantime a big screen ran photos of the couple at Yale Law School, cuddling in a hammock, at various political conventions and bill signings and inaugurations, with their daughter Chelsea, and their two grandchildren.

Bill Clinton led the audience on a nostalgic, best-shine-on-it tour through his presidency’s long-ago foreign involvements in Bosnia, Yemen, Israel, and Palestine. Hillary Clinton recalled the first hopeful moments of the Arab Spring, when she was Obama’s secretary of state.

It was oddly backward looking. The name “Trump” was never mentioned. There were no insights on the 2016 race or strategic advice for nervous Democrats heading into 2020. There was no solace offered to long-time loyalists now fearing an America sliding toward the abyss. The only personal revelations outside the marriage: how much they enjoy the grandkids. The only newsy subjects: internal bickering at the NRA, gun laws, and a breaking report about Robert Mueller complaining that Attorney General William Barr inaccurately spun the Russia probe.

All this did not seem to bother fans who nearly filled all but the priciest seats — $375 a ticket — in the Opera House, with a capacity of 2,677. Several told me they hope Hillary will run yet again. Sarabeth Guptill, 51, of Framingham, showed up with a six-inch Hillary Clinton action figure, dressed in a blue pantsuit, which she purchased online for $19.95. And no one, despite the #MeToo movement, expressed outrage at Bill Clinton save a handful of protesters repeating, “Go see Bill the Rapist” outside on Washington Street.

I guess I’d hoped for more from political legends with successes like no one before them. That, after a half-century on the make, they might finally drop the shtick, risk some honesty and authenticity, and give us some wisdom, reflecting on their own and other Democrats’ failings. Maybe an apology from him. Maybe from her an admission that she completely missed the roiling, countrywide despair that gave us Donald Trump. Instead, it was the Clintons, again, spinning the Clintons, again.
    ------------------------
    This is precious, though!:
    “We’re still here chugging along,” Bill said when asked about his 44-year-marriage that, dramas notwithstanding, survived. “We weathered all kinds of challenges,” said Hillary, “many of which are known to you.” Then Bill again, “I try to loosen her up. She tries to tighten me up.”