An alternative to a Serpa holster

At 3:33 he states that here in MA we have to conceal carry....not totally true...Open Carry is Legal! But not advised here in Moonbatachusetts. Other than that, nice review!!

Huh. I like the brown kydex, one of them looks like they put some faux stitching on there to make it look like leather. Or do my eyes deceive me?

I have a C holster right next to me. It does not remotely look like leather. It's stitching is just part of the design so it does not look like base kydex.

I would never mistake it for leather.

The C holster is amazing. You can customize the retention so well that I have even gone for a run with my Glock 19 on and did not have a problem. I was looking for a replacement to the Blackhawk/Desantis owb holsters that were lower quality and high price. I'm glad I went with X Concealment. I had the holster in my hands about four days after I ordered it. The Phantom from Raven Concealment took 15 weeks to come in.

Last edited:
there are no alternatives to a SERPA holster.

i have three (sorry, pdm!) and will take one off anyone that doesn't want it. especially for a glock. i have been trained to call my parents in the event of a holster emergency.

At 3:33 he states that here in MA we have to conceal carry....not totally true...Open Carry is Legal! But not advised here in Moonbatachusetts. Other than that, nice review!!

Scottmac019 you are 100% correct, as to not start a heated debate I prefer to just keep my statements as LEGAL as possible. It's bad enough that I got a call from the MSP the day of the "coffee and guns" campaign for Starbucks because I posted a link on our FB page and they asked I take it down fearing it may entice people to open carry [rolleyes]

Huh. I like the brown kydex, one of them looks like they put some faux stitching on there to make it look like leather. Or do my eyes deceive me?

pdm

the holsters are made on a CNC machine, so yes, that is faux stitching you see...its pretty cool looking

i have three (sorry, pdm!) and will take one off anyone that doesn't want it. especially for a glock. i have been trained to call my parents in the event of a holster emergency.

Atilla I may have a few extra kicking around somewhere I can dig em up theyre yours

I got a call from the MSP the day of the "coffee and guns" campaign for Starbucks because I posted a link on our FB page and they asked I take it down fearing it may entice people to open carry [rolleyes]

seriously?! wow. that is unreal. i don't want to believe it--but this is MA and i'm more surprised they didn't send someone in person to tell you.

Atilla I may have a few extra kicking around somewhere I can dig em up theyre yours

you are the MAN! i provide a home for unwanted SERPAs just like PSS provides a home for all my unwanted handguns.

seriously?! wow. that is unreal. i don't want to believe it--but this is MA and i'm more surprised they didn't send someone in person to tell you.

DEAD serious...and they did send some one...they said they know its totally legal, but didnt wanna cause mass (read MASS) hysteria

you are the MAN! i provide a home for unwanted SERPAs just like PSS provides a home for all my unwanted handguns.

got a use for ones other than Glocks? I know ive got a taurus judge one kicking around as well as some other models

I have a C holster right next to me. It does not remotely look like leather. It's stitching is just part of the design so it does not look like base kydex.

I would never mistake it for leather.

The C holster is amazing. You can customize the retention so well that I have even gone for a run with my Glock 19 on and did not have a problem. I was looking for a replacement to the Blackhawk/Desantis owb holsters that were lower quality and high price. I'm glad I went with X Concealment. I had the holster in my hands about four days after I ordered it. The Phantom from Raven Concealment took 15 weeks to come in.

Well, I did say "make it look like", not "it looks like" [wink] -- I think it's a nice touch. I have a Raven for my G19 and it's light years better than the other holsters I've used for OWB, so if the X-C compares favorably to the Raven, then I know where to look for a M&P holster that won't take forever to come in.

there are no alternatives to a SERPA holster.

... FOR ME TO POOP ON.
triumph_insult_comic_dog.jpg

[wink]

Well, I did say "make it look like", not "it looks like" [wink] -- I think it's a nice touch. I have a Raven for my G19 and it's light years better than the other holsters I've used for OWB, so if the X-C compares favorably to the Raven, then I know where to look for a M&P holster that won't take forever to come in.

If you're a fan of the Raven holsters X-Concealment has an 'M' model that is essentially their version of the Phantom. I'd expect design/build quality to be just as good, but you don't have to wait months to get it & you'll save some $$.

Personally, I've been using the 'C' holster for a few months and I'm a BIG fan for OWB.

If you're a fan of the Raven holsters X-Concealment has an 'M' model that is essentially their version of the Phantom. I'd expect design/build quality to be just as good, but you don't have to wait months to get it & you'll save some $$.

Personally, I've been using the 'C' holster for a few months and I'm a BIG fan for OWB.

Armordillo Concealment also makes a decent "Phantom" type holster.

Great review. Couple questions / statements. I personally don't think of a serpa when I hear Kydex YMMV. How would you compare these holsters to other kydex holsters that have been out for 10 years or longer such Uncle Mikes and Fobus?

Great review. Couple questions / statements. I personally don't think of a serpa when I hear Kydex YMMV. How would you compare these holsters to other kydex holsters that have been out for 10 years or longer such Uncle Mikes and Fobus?

Thank you for the kind words! I just know that most local FFLs carry Serpas because they're cheap and readily available.

Kydex holsters for the most part are pretty damn near the same. As others have said, Raven (with great help from Chris Costa) has a huge following. They aren't doing anything ground breaking, just that they have a huge name. X-Concealment and Armordillo Concealment are 2 companies we use that make holsters just as good as Raven. These 2 companies will do custom orders for less than what Raven charges and you will get the holster in a week or less. A guy making kydex holsters in his garage can make a holster just as good as Raven, it's not hard to roll kydex, if I had the space I'd do my own. What makes all the difference in my eyes is a company that is willing to listen to customer concerns, make a CUSTOM rig built to your specs and stand behind their product.

None of the holsters I've seen from Blackhawk/Serpa, uncle mikes, or fobus are kydex. They're all injection molded plastic.

Uh-oh, did you hear that credit card? You gonna get used and abused.

Back
Top Bottom