• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

An Afternoon at the Range

JonJ

NES Member
Got my key last night to the club! I got to the outdoor range at 12:45 and there was no one else there. I had it all to myself until about 3 when 1 person showed up and I finished up at 4. He's a new member too, we joined the same night.
I shot my AR first. Put about 50 rounds through it and stayed at 100 yards. I didn't try 200 yds, I forgot my spotting scope and I didn't want to keep running down there! The AR is new to me so it was a "let's get aquainted" session. When I finished with the AR, I moved to my M14. I replaced the FS on it last month so I had to sight it in and reset the front sight. I started at 25 yds to make sure I could hit the paper. Got it in nice then moved out to 100. Blasted about 100 rounds and I still need to fine tune but they were all good hits.
It would have been nice to shoot with someone but even alone, fun was had by all!

I have to admitt, that in the 20yrs of my job, I have only fired a rifle from beyond the 25yd line once or twice and that was when we had to do a familarization course for the M4.
It should be interesting shooting the course in Reading on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it but I hope I don't embarrass myself!
Jon

I didn't have to sight it in. I was done buy the previous owner, a Sgt at at work who's also a USMCR Sniper. He just told me what he had it set for and how many clicks up or down for the range. Seemed to work OK for me.

Back
Top Bottom