AN ACT requiring background checks for all firearm sales. NH HB1589

I am here. A senator who is a sponsor is speaking. I signed up to testify. They brought parents from sandy hook. This guy is basically saying the bill will stop another mass shooting.

It will be out of committee in early march before going to the criminal justice committee before going to the house floor assuming it makes it out of both committees.

I am here. A senator who is a sponsor is speaking. I signed up to testify. They brought parents from sandy hook. This guy is basically saying the bill will stop another mass shooting.

Did they explain how it would have stopped that guy from killing his mother, stealing her guns and murdering school children in Newtown?

Did they explain how it would have stopped that guy from killing his mother, stealing her guns and murdering school children in Newtown?

Representitive Emily sandblade who is on our side, asked a similar question of the bills sponsor about how this bill would make criminals who don't follow the law follow this law. She tried to say they would follow it and the room burst into laughter.

There are probably 60 to 80 people here. Not enough I fear.

Representitive Emily sandblade who is on our side, asked a similar question of the bills sponsor about how this bill would make criminals who don't follow the law follow this law. She tried to say they would follow it and the room burst into laughter.

There are probably 60 to 80 people here. Not enough I fear.

The room burst into laughter? Do you feel there is more opposition present for the bill than support?

Second parent talking. First one (woman) went with the "for the children" argument. As is the second parent a father.

Father from Sandy hook. Violent criminals shouldn't have guns. Law abiding citizens wouldn't be affected. Talking about his son, he is here for those who cannot be.

2 people in a row against bill, including former CoP. Ralph d'Amico from Riley's is up now he is also against bill. Explaining current state and federal laws. "road to hell paved with good intentions" firearms used in less than50% of violent crimes in NH. We cannot insulate ourselves from reality.

Ucc pastor from Dartmouth college is for the bill. Claims if a firearm is in the the home prior to a RO that possibility of a fatality in a domestic dispute is "exponetially higher"

Jack kimball from Dover is against. He sounds familiar to me but I can't place why.

Jack is a little worked up lol.

There was applause when he said the sponsors should resign for violating their oath. Chair just said if anyone else applauds they will be ejected.

Last edited:
Ucc pastor from Dartmouth college is for the bill. Claims if a firearm is in the the home prior to a RO that possibility of a fatality in a domestic dispute is "exponetially higher"

Jack kimball from Dover is against. He sounds familiar to me but I can't place why.
He has been to numerous 2A Rally's

Great, but that has nothing to do with the bill. This hearing seems to just be a forum for PAGs / gun restrictionists to opine about private ownership of firearms.

Also, good update.

Missed reps name, but opposed to bill. Saying when he was a kid could bring gunstocks school. Gns in top locker ammo in bottom.

Under bill he could give guns to his grand kids. But what is to stop taking a bit more. He held a gun for picture at a wedding, would have made him a felon.

Someone should ask these people; how can they come to our state and tell us how to control our crime, when their State has a higher crime rate then NH? NH is always voted one of the safest state to live in.

Moms demand action mom from Portsmouth here for the bill. Common sense term was thrown around a lot. Talking about the planning the organization origins. Mentions 34 school shootings since then. Private sales equated with the black market.

Some former pediatrician from Exeter is for the bill, claiming firearms are a public health issue. Quoting statistics on children injured blah blah blah. Apparently firearms strike fear into children in their neighborhoods. Who knew. [thinking]

Londonderry fish and game. Bringing up stats in bill provided by MAIG. States why listen to people who would count terrorists and criminals among gun violence victims. ( MAIG no more names tour). States outlaws shooting on private property, since private property not a true gun range lending firearm to a buddy is a transfer and makes felons out of both.

Back
Top Bottom