Lubricator adapter for Dillon presses

paul73

NES Member
i have thrown a new listing on my ebay stuff -

baffle, knob and strainer. nothing unique, only difference is that all of it actually fits well, and does not fall apart easily. sizing and shapes are a bit adjusted, as for what i stated in the ad there - none of downloaded free stl files really fit well without certain amount of time spent. the stuff i offer there - fits.
not looking to make a huge profit from it, but, why not, in case if somebody needs it. the lubricator i am still working out, it is almost ready, but, it will wait for now.

As long as they are your own designs then go for it.
Too many people grabbing designs off Thingiverse and selling prints or making a small change and calling it their own.
i use various sources, but rarely see anything i just grab to work as expected. a difference between modified item that works and original good intent that never does is quite severe. it is a shitload of stuff out there, but, not a lot of it actually works nor is worth the time.

just same as the bullet loading die - i pulled like 3 different variants of it, but, it required almost complete re-engineering to make it actually work properly, in my setup. may look same from outside - internals are all different.
not going to try to sell that one yet, it is just too much hassle to print, as it needs to be quite precise to work well.

i use it now for both 223 and 308 - makes a lot of a difference. i am still debating if it needs an actual motorized setup, as the most annoying part always was to drop a bullet into the standing up shell correctly. as long as bullet gets seated - to drop more down the tube is no big deal, to stack them up.

but fitting a die together well is a hassle. not sure if it is worth the effort to be sold on ebay for several bucks.

81EDD766-1285-44D5-8BF5-771842684019.jpeg

I've just done a couple of bullet feed dies for another member here.
Had to buy a ball bearing kit to work out the details but came up with a simple, usable design that doesn't require much post processing to work.
If I was printing for sale I'd tune the design to run as printed on my machine.

Selling on eBay means PayPal and they won't even ose my account unless I give them a photo ID and more personal information.
Giving up more privacy isn't worth the money I was making off my designs since it wasn't even bringing in enough for a gun/year anymore.

I've just done a couple of bullet feed dies for another member here.
Had to buy a ball bearing kit to work out the details but came up with a simple, usable design that doesn't require much post processing to work.
If I was printing for sale I'd tune the design to run as printed on my machine.

Selling on eBay means PayPal and they won't even ose my account unless I give them a photo ID and more personal information.
Giving up more privacy isn't worth the money I was making off my designs since it wasn't even bringing in enough for a gun/year anymore.
I look at that just from a hobby perspective. Profit from eBay sales is a vapor wave. But, like this kit I offered there - it may give an idea to some that such stuff exists, and if they not going to buy it - they can source it themselves. Why not.

For profit operations is what Chinese do there - a 10 50rnd reloading 308 trays package for $14.60, free shipping. Selling for a net price of plastic, pretty much - go ahead compete with that.

What we can offer is just knowledge and outcomes of time spent messing with stuff.

Bullet kits I did - I printed out bearing balls. :) works ok after ‘massaging’.

Sized up and printed a set for Hornady Lock-N-Load, very tight fit, so it would keep moisture out as i keep powder in it sometimes. Tube diameter of mine is 53.5mm, i hope it is standard enough for various generations of this measure. blue picture is missing, re-printing it now, as i did not like an initial version. switched it to free shipping, as it is a waste of money anyway. :)

Would be nice to sell at least a couple of them all before my interest to this whole thing will self-dissipate, that takes usually from 6 months to an year. :) Could show it to the wife and say - see, here - a pure profit. :)
Nevermind what did all that 3d printer related shit did cost to get. :)

Last edited:
ok, and a swan song - made a listing for the lubricator. any critique is welcome, as long as it does not include questions of why it is not a shoe box. :)

Added a video to that eBay listing also , showing how it works.

i have updated and somewhat perfected the design of that brass catcher gizmo of mine.
removed all the hooks and made it all work on sliders.
last samples are made from the sunlu pla plus - it prints quite well and fast. a $14.68 per kg on sale right now.

Kinda running out of ideas again of what to make next.

B32FA153-31F8-4E60-9644-555A1085DCF2.jpeg

Added bullet feeders to the list. Posted yesterday, today got a first sale.

39 total orders sold so far, all customers happy. Not sure if any single one was from the NES, though. :)

Last edited:
Bought your Dillon station locators...they work great!
oh - awesome! cool to know this thread was not for nothing! glad it works well for you. i use them myself also now.

as usual, i ask for an ideas. kinda ran out of my brain again - just made those bullet feeder dies, now got into a thinking mode again, of what to attempt next.

Last edited:
I adjusted design of the lubrication adapter - added a removable insert for processing handgun brass - as rifle shells are tall and need an opening, while handgun brass would fall out if not kept in place.
Made versions for .223/9mm, .308 and large caliber .338/.45-70. also altered design of wheels to use way less oil. all in all it got pretty neat now.
te reiterate - the core feature here is that you can proceed with brass immediately - no need to dry it, just throw it in and pull the level, and it goes through the sizing die with no issues.

here is one of the latest reviews from guy who helped me with ideas - this stuff works.

New message from: redglbx (416TURQUOISE_STAR Star)

Paul, things are working perfect, I loaded 500rds of 45acp and the narrower wheels are the answer, I started loading 9mm the other day and I’ve been trying some different lubes but it is working perfectly as well, you hit a home run here ! Thank you !

I will definitely leave you feed back. I did post about it on the 1911 forum whereas you predicted there was a few a-holes with comments even though they knew nothing about it or tried even investigate at all, pompous ass’s​

338.jpgIMG-3619.jpgIMG-3623.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the lubricator. It took 3 minutes- had to play with the lubrication oil level- the trick is not to fill it up- the wheels should barely touch it otherwise too much oil is applied to brass. Now it works like a charm. Every 100 cases I add three drops of oil in each tub - provides just the right amount of oil on cases. Very happy.

Thank you 😊

Attachments

• IMG_8086.jpeg
    IMG_8086.jpeg
    975 KB · Views: 6
and bump again.

i sold a ton of trays in last 2 weeks to a guy who specifically requested matching sets for .50cal and .30cal boxes.
see below:

Back
Top Bottom