Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

Reptile

NES Member
One online retailer witnesses an exponential increase in ammo sales as COVID-19 hits US

HARVEY, La., March 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) hits the US, it's not just hand sanitizer and flu medications that are flying off the shelves. While Walmart and Target are running out of emergency essentials and "currently unavailable" is popping up on various Amazon searches, the rush to be prepared has also reached the ammunition industry.

One online retailer witnesses an exponential increase in ammo sales as COVID-19 hits US

HARVEY, La., March 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) hits the US, it's not just hand sanitizer and flu medications that are flying off the shelves. While Walmart and Target are running out of emergency essentials and "currently unavailable" is popping up on various Amazon searches, the rush to be prepared has also reached the ammunition industry.

Methinks that has more to do with the Donkey Virus.

I always reload and almost never buy but I had to grab a case of Speer Lawman 9mm 115 FMJ at TSUSA. It is currently at $9.49 a box.....

Have noticed my latest ammo order is taking a long time to process, but it's also spring here - not many people shoot rifles all winter.

I bought a substantial amount of ammo and reloading supplies over the last 5 weeks because I didn't want to pay higher prices after COVID-19 blows up and it's not like my family and I aren't going to shoot it anyway.

Plus there are worse things to be doing than reloading if we do end up stuck at home watching John Wick.

Go FOR-TAY!!!!!

When it comes to actual sales, Ammo.com's increase varied among calibers and brands. Calibers that saw the largest increase include:

Not surprised there has been a stupid amount of surplus 40s dumped on the general public lately...

Why?

That makes no sense......

Prices post Trump election 2016 have been lower than at any point in
...These are "Good Times" for gun owners

I think BFM is saying that people who recently got into guns have only known good times and therefore do not realize they need to stock up before an election.

I also agree that a spike in ammo sales is likely not just covid-19 precautions. I know I just picked up a few k in various calibers to ensure I have enough training ammo to ride out an election year dry spell if we get one. It had nothing to do with covid.

I bought a substantial amount of ammo and reloading supplies over the last 5 weeks because I didn't want to pay higher prices after COVID-19 blows up and it's not like my family and I aren't going to shoot it anyway.

Plus there are worse things to be doing than reloading if we do end up stuck at home watching John Wick.
Yes, having 102 temp and coughing up some serious lung butter while watching John Wick, lol!

Why?

That makes no sense......

Prices post Trump election 2016 have been lower than at any point in time since before the AWB went into effect in the 90's

Not true at all, early 2000s was still way better for ammo than a month ago. Post trump pre corona, sure, was better than anything going back all the way to pre obamascare, but that's not saying much.

2004- 9mm was $120/1000. 762 x39 was less than that. 308 milsurp was cheap, too. Loaves of xm193 could be had for 125 bucks or less. None of those #'s have been seen since well before Obama was in office.

Back
Top Bottom