Ammunition Collectors?

While the ammunition forum has lately become a "where can I get any" forum, I was wondering if there are any ammunition collectors among us. I have some vintage .22LR stuff - mostly some full boxes of Remington Kleanbore standard velocity and "hi-speed" - and was wondering what it's worth, and what the demand might be. Anyone?

I'm in the same boat; been scrounging ammo for over 30 years. I have put aside a couple of cases of various antique ammo I've come across that I would never shoot. Been trying to figure a way to convert this old ammo to new ammo...maybe gunbroker could give you an idea of going prices? Another possibility would be to pay for a table at a gunshow and sell it that way. I'm open to ideas also..I need the room for my shooter ammo.

Its probably worth about as much as a new box of 22lr, maybe a little more to someone willing to pay for it. Ammo doesn't usually fetch much more than what its currently worth price wise unless its really old or an oddball caliber that is very hard to find. At one of the last gun shows I went to I picked up a box of Golden Tiger 5.45x39 for $7 just because it was one of the old green boxes and I wanted it for my collection. I saw a lot of old looking ammo being sold mainly because people are digging through their stash to cash in on the current shortage and it was all marked at current price with zero basing on being collectable.

condition age and rarity are all major factors.
I just like the old colorful boxes.
Some can be worth a couple hundred dollars a box.

Back
Top Bottom