Ammo storage

Arrived today….with the side panels bent/damaged where the shelf brackets go. Ugh. Will be calling Husky tomorrow. @cathouse01 i assume you lucked out with no damage?View attachment 606225
All 4 of mine came through fine (3 36 inchers and 1 30), not even a little ding. I did pick mine up direct at the store (in NH to avoid MA sales tax). I don’t recall exactly how the parts were nested, so I can’t image what could have impacted the side to do that kind of damage. Mine were packed very solidly with wood, hard Styrofoam, and heavy structured cardboard spacers. It was practically a solid block. For the 30 inch (I still have the box for it) the boxed weight is 137 lbs while the actual weight of the unit is 97 lbs, so that’s 40 lbs of packing.

I know what @LuvDog is talking about, lots of the light weight steel cabinets come in pretty cheap cardboard boxes, but these guys are one of the best packed units I’ve come across.

But definitely a bummer. The only thing I can say is I have dealt with HD on other damaged items in the past and they have always made good on it.

Yep. I read the reviews on the HD website and knew it was going to be a gamble. It was packaged very well so I'm surprised it was damaged. These were the only damaged parts out of the whole cabinet. So annoying.

Looks like many of the reviews said that HD told them to bring it back to the store and replacement parts cannot be purchased. Ugh
I don’t like to get damaged goods. I did get a complete bathtub/shower unit from them where just the small back wall piece was cracked. Didn’t realize it until I had already installed the tub and was installing the surround. What they had me do was order a complete replacement unit. Then went to the store with just the back wall. Took delivery of the replacement unit, swapped out the busted back wall for the good one right there in the store and then they just did a full return on the replacement unit because it had a busted back wall.

Don’t know if your HD would be as accommodating.

The other thing is, which shelf location is damaged? Is it more than one? If it’s not one you're going to use, then it’s at least internal and won’t show on the outside.

I don’t like to get damaged goods. I did get a complete bathtub/shower unit from them where just the small back wall piece was cracked. Didn’t realize it until I had already installed the tub and was installing the surround. What they had me do was order a complete replacement unit. Then went to the store with just the back wall. Took delivery of the replacement unit, swapped out the busted back wall for the good one right there in the store and then they just did a full return on the replacement unit because it had a busted back wall.

Don’t know if your HD would be as accommodating.

The other thing is, which shelf location is damaged? Is it more than one? If it’s not one you're going to use, then it’s at least internal and won’t show on the outside.
It’s the left and right side panels towards the top. I literally won’t be able to hang the shelves towards the top because it’s bent so bad. I don’t mind scratches and appearance etc but this won’t even allow me to install shelves lol

Got off the phone with Husky/HD and they had me email them photos. They’re going to reach out to the manufacturer for replacement parts. She said it may take 1-3 business days to hear back from the manufacturer…

It’s the left and right side panels towards the top. I literally won’t be able to hang the shelves towards the top because it’s bent so bad. I don’t mind scratches and appearance etc but this won’t even allow me to install shelves lol

Got off the phone with Husky/HD and they had me email them photos. They’re going to reach out to the manufacturer for replacement parts. She said it may take 1-3 business days to hear back from the manufacturer…
It’s still a pain to have to go through all this. I’m wondering if it was a failure at the factory some how? Those cabinets are packed so well that I’d think you’d have seen significant damage to the box for it to bang things inside enough to cause that kind of damage.

It’s still a pain to have to go through all this. I’m wondering if it was a failure at the factory some how? Those cabinets are packed so well that I’d think you’d have seen significant damage to the box for it to bang things inside enough to cause that kind of damage.
Yeah I was wondering the same. The box was in great shape and everything packed well.

Arrived today….with the side panels bent/damaged where the shelf brackets go. Ugh. Will be calling Husky tomorrow. @cathouse01 i assume you lucked out with no damage?View attachment 606225
Well after some back and forth with multiple HD customer service reps, they just arranged for a prepaid label to be sent to me and then placed the order for a new one. They took off 10% on the new one for my troubles/inconvenience which was nice.

The manufacturer reached out to me and said they had replacement panels but they wouldn't be ready to ship until the end of June....I said thanks but no thanks I'll take a whole new one.

Well after some back and forth with multiple HD customer service reps, they just arranged for a prepaid label to be sent to me and then placed the order for a new one. They took off 10% on the new one for my troubles/inconvenience which was nice.

The manufacturer reached out to me and said they had replacement panels but they wouldn't be ready to ship until the end of June....I said thanks but no thanks I'll take a whole new one.
Well, at least they gave you a little something for your troubles. I hate it when I recommend something and then it turns out to be a Sh*t Show:(.

Well, at least they gave you a little something for your troubles. I hate it when I recommend something and then it turns out to be a Sh*t Show:(.
Not your fault! It was a good recommendation and just what I need. Fingers crossed the new one won’t be damaged 😂

Well the replacement arrived today. Even more damaged than the first one! Ugh what a joke. It’s the same 2 panels that are damaged.

I’m now wondering if I should just hold onto the good parts and wait 2 months for replacement parts. Just going to keep wasting time and tape packaging and shipping this back. 😡

Well the replacement arrived today. Even more damaged than the first one! Ugh what a joke. It’s the same 2 panels that are damaged.

I’m now wondering if I should just hold onto the good parts and wait 2 months for replacement parts. Just going to keep wasting time and tape packaging and shipping this back. 😡
Is there any way you could pick one up at a store so you could inspect it first?

Oh man! This is why I only buy sheet metal anything if I can open the box and fully inspect it before buying.

I know you said the box was perfect. That part doesn't surprise me. The boxes spring back. The sheet metal inside doesn't.

I feel your pain. Damage problem aside, it looks like a pretty good ammo storage locker. 🤔

I guess I splurged a little a few years ago but I also have a soon to be 6 year old I would like to keep out of such things.

Attachments

• 20190720_130645.jpg
    20190720_130645.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 6
Oh man! This is why I only buy sheet metal anything if I can open the box and fully inspect it before buying.

I know you said the box was perfect. That part doesn't surprise me. The boxes spring back. The sheet metal inside doesn't.

I feel your pain. Damage problem aside, it looks like a pretty good ammo storage locker. 🤔
Lol yeah it would be a decent cabinet if it came undamaged.

Well I just rolled the dice and ordered the one from Amazon🤞🏻🤞🏻

Can you hammer things and make it usable?

The last time I bought a stainless steel trashcan delivered from Walmart, the first one came dented, they sent a prepaid label for my return and sent replacement that was also dented. I emailed then and said it would probably cost them $40 return shipping and then another $40 to ship me another replacement. I told them I’d take $80 as a refund and I’d keep the dented trash can, I hammered out the dents and just used it. It’s a trash can after all. In the end that can cost me $10

Can you hammer things and make it usable?

The last time I bought a stainless steel trashcan delivered from Walmart, the first one came dented, they sent a prepaid label for my return and sent replacement that was also dented. I emailed then and said it would probably cost them $40 return shipping and then another $40 to ship me another replacement. I told them I’d take $80 as a refund and I’d keep the dented trash can, I hammered out the dents and just used it. It’s a trash can after all. In the end that can cost me $10
No I can’t hammer it out unfortunately. There’s no way to get behind/underneath it to hammer or pry it without damaging the rest of the panel. B33AE10D-778F-46B4-9E67-28A80DCAE53A.jpegA29DB9B0-521A-4DFE-BECC-31C5E9D259E5.jpeg

Well that sucks. Maybe do the same thing I did though. Email them and ask for a partial refund and the replacement parts. Or they can keep losing money in shipping costs

Well that sucks. Maybe do the same thing I did though. Email them and ask for a partial refund and the replacement parts. Or they can keep losing money in shipping costs
Based on the last emails I had with HD and the manufacturer, they won’t have replacement parts until the end of June. I don’t feel like waiting until then AND hoping those don’t arrive damaged either 😂

If the Amazon thing is a fail, keep in mind when you get > $200 you can buy a gun cabinet and I think a big one for $350.

Mine had provisions for adding shelves on one side but even if it didn't, is really easy - a sheet of plywood or a plank of adaquate size, some L brackets, a little hardware, you are golden. And the added benefit of locking.

If the Amazon thing is a fail, keep in mind when you get > $200 you can buy a gun cabinet and I think a big one for $350.

Mine had provisions for adding shelves on one side but even if it didn't, is really easy - a sheet of plywood or a plank of adaquate size, some L brackets, a little hardware, you are golden. And the added benefit of locking.
I couldn’t find any that were 72x32x16 which is the most space I have at the moment.
The stack on 22 gun cabinet is their biggest and it’s 55x21x18 and I’d have to buy/make shelves for it etc. Just a flimsy sheet metal cabinet like the one on Amazon or from Home Depot 😂
Amazon product ASIN B01DLFFGXGView: https://www.amazon.com/Stack-GCB-1522-22-Gun-Security-Cabinet/dp/B01DLFFGXG

Stack on cabinets and i dont install the shelves. Fill them with 50 cal ammo cans three wide to the top.
I’m curious how well or easy it would be to install shelves on the stack on cabinets since it’s thin sheet metal. I realize the Amazon and HD is sheet metal too but they have a designed way of holding the shelves and to support 150+ pounds per shelf.
I’d like to have shelves so I don’t have to unload everything to get something on the bottom etc. But then again the cabinet is just going to get filled with x39 ammo 😂

I’m curious how well or easy it would be to install shelves on the stack on cabinets since it’s thin sheet metal. I realize the Amazon and HD is sheet metal too but they have a designed way of holding the shelves and to support 150+ pounds per shelf.
I’d like to have shelves so I don’t have to unload everything to get something on the bottom etc. But then again the cabinet is just going to get filled with x39 ammo 😂
They are literally held by 4 bolts and nuts. Im sure it can hold 150 pounds but not sure id trust that long term. The older cabinets were thicker. I dont trust the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom