• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Storage?

I have the print out from GOAL and my question is if you over the 10,000 rd. limit and you call your local Fire Chief for an ammunition storage permit who/where does this info go? Is the Local PD notified? State Police?

goes right to Hillary's jack boot thugs and puts you on a 'must raid' list with the BATFE.

i'm actually pretty sure it's just for the fire department so they can know what they're walking into should your home ever catch fire.

I have the print out from GOAL and my question is if you over the 10,000 rd. limit and you call your local Fire Chief for an ammunition storage permit who/where does this info go? Is the Local PD notified? State Police?

GOAL's info is old and based on a superseded CMR, the limit is no longer 10,000 rds of anything (sadly).

FD maintains records, nobody else.

GOAL's info is old and based on a superseded CMR, the limit is no longer 10,000 rds of anything (sadly).

FD maintains records, nobody else.

Thats news to me.. you got a link?
Ive called the firedept a few times and ive been met with the response that they don't know how ord that its done so rarely if at all.I have also hear several people claim to have done it, but i dont really believe them.

10k of each kept me in the clear... but 10k combined would be hard to comply with...i guess ill have to order 8k .223 when i get down to 2k and have no other ammo on the house?

Id rather just get the storage permit.

Len what is the rule/law? I googled massachusetts ammo storage law and get the GOAL and Mass reloading page and they're the same.

Last edited:
No. I'm on my phone, so you will have to look in the stickies. Either my sub-forum or in MA gun laws. I'vealso posted that info here probably a dozen times. Just proves that nobody pays attention. CMR changed 1/1/2015.

I got one of these from the local Fire Chief, $20 one time charge. I had to bring him a copy of my friends since he didn't know what I was talking about

pp.PNG

"This permit must be conspicuously posted upon the premise"

Ya, i wont be doing that.

What is the license they talk about here? And where would one get one? >10,000 primers license? I guess no cases discounts without a license.

The whole needing a permit for more than 999 primers is the most retarded part. I've never seen shotgun primers sold in boxes of less than 1,000.

I just learned something totally new. Had no idea about having more than 10,000 rounds of ammo in storage or having to obtain a special permit.

and the penalty/fine/jail time for non-compliance is ______________________________________________________ (NOTHING......)

"This permit must be conspicuously posted upon the premise"

Ya, i wont be doing that.

You are supposed to post it where the ammo/components are stored. Not on your doorpost!

What is the license they talk about here? And where would one get one? >10,000 primers license? I guess no cases discounts without a license.

You don't want to know about the License! [thinking] Permits are issued by the fire chief and info is confidential. License requires you to appeal to the selectmen/mayor/city council and is a PUBLIC meeting, taped by your local town tv station and broadcast over cable tv, then archived forever on the internet for ANYONE to see! Yup, that's smart! BTW it also violates MGL C.66 S. 10(d) which states that info on gun ownership, etc. is confidential and only releasable to LE for LE purposes only.

The whole needing a permit for more than 999 primers is the most retarded part. I've never seen shotgun primers sold in boxes of less than 1,000.

Yup, the changes in quantity to an uneven numbers which is not commercially sold really fries my ass.

Ugh. What’s supposed to be the reason behind this retarded law? Storing “a whole lot” of ammo ks dangerous to firefighters? Cuz it’ll explode?

That’s stupid and wrong. Anybody ever see videos (maybe by SAAMI) where they set fire to a huge pile (several palettes worth)of ammo to show what happens? It’s not exactly dramatic. Which is the whole point. It’s not even dangerous.

There are are just some things I’ll never understand. 10K .22LR cartridges, and you need a permit. Yup. Big danger.

i found the video if you’ve never seen it. All kinds of good stuff:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c

Last edited:
Ugh. What’s supposed to be the reason behind this retarded law? Storing “a whole lot” of ammo is dangerous to firefighters? Cuz it’ll explode?

That’s stupid and wrong. Anybody ever see videos (maybe by SAAMI) where they set fire to a huge pile (several palettes worth)of ammo to show what happens? It’s not exactly dramatic. Which is the whole point. It’s not even dangerous.

I challenge you to stand next to that pallet while all those rounds are cooking of. Then come back and tell us again how "it's not even dangerous"

I challenge you to stand next to that pallet while all those rounds are cooking of. Then come back and tell us again how "it's not even dangerous"
[rolleyes] Did you watch the video, dude? See the guy in turnout gear, standing 20 feet away from a burning trailer with 250 thousand rounds cooking off? Did you see the witness panels 15feet away from the burning pallet? Some small holes through one layer of sheetrock, at the most.

Storing 10, 20,or even 30 thousand rounds of ammo does not prevent any additional danger to firefighters or other emergency personnel at normal working distances... if it’s crushed, if it catches fire, if it’s shot with another round, or any other time.

Watch the video and become educated.

So 9,999 Rimfire and 9,999 center is ok?

I actually went to my Fire Station (Headquarters) and asked and he said No need.

This. I went to the Fire Chief and he said they are Boolits, go see the Police for a firearm permit. I told him it’s a permit for having over 10k rounds and he said never heard of it. Go see the PD Chief. Went to the PD Chief and he asked what my problem was?

I left.

This. I went to the Fire Chief and he said they are Boolits, go see the Police for a firearm permit. I told him it’s a permit for having over 10k rounds and he said never heard of it. Go see the PD Chief. Went to the PD Chief and he asked what my problem was?

I left.

He probably wanted to know "what your problem was" because you had so little ammo![rofl]

I left.

Poorly trained fire chief. Tell him to call the State Fire Marshal's Office or read the CMR for himself (or have someone in the FD that can read read it to him)!! That's his job.

Back
Top Bottom