Ammo storage - on top of fridge

Just tag that mag and any of the same lot of ammo as range fun only.
I cant see 2 years being stored in a stable environment causing issues. I have had mags lost in the abyss for many years and worked fine.
Storing mags loaded is not a problem. Springs where from cycling so if your wearing out mags using them how long does it take?
Bulk federal 193 can really suck some times as its boarder line “good” most of the time.
I will shoot wolf gold any day vs federal 193 bulk

I cant say anything about the mags . I have only used pre ban , beat up , worn down GI mags
I’ve always had good luck with 193, but I guess I can’t say that any longer☹️.

It’s slightly warm up there, which I guess must have over time affected it.

I have never had mag issues due to storing them for long periods of time, loaded, especially pmags. The damn things take a beating and just work.

In the future I wink keep mags up there for very long!!

Out of curiosity, sounds like some of you folks are hiding mags in closets, cabinets or all over the house. Is this secondary to keeping several mags in a bag or bandolier stored with your rifle that will be on or next to your body wherever you are (and where you need them to be) during an oh shit situation at your home? Or is this your primary plan for reloads after your first mag runs dry?

Out of curiosity, sounds like some of you folks are hiding mags in closets, cabinets or all over the house. Is this secondary to keeping several mags in a bag or bandolier stored with your rifle that will be on or next to your body wherever you are (and where you need them to be) during an oh shit situation at your home? Or is this your primary plan for reloads after your first mag runs dry?

I have 1 gun under the bed with 3 mags. Everything else is kept in a safe on a different floor of the house in accordance with MA requirements. My thought is if I can't hit you within 39 shots based on where I think your voice is coming from, it's not my day to begin with. Oh wait...

Supplementary. It’s for convenience sake. I even have some for decoration. What American doesn’t have an M16 clone hanging on the wall in their ‘great room??’

Supplementary. It’s for convenience sake. I even have some for decoration. What American doesn’t have an M16 clone hanging on the wall in their ‘great room??’

Good grief, why didn't I think of that? Build up an extra-killy AR on an unmachined 80% lower. Hang on wall. Collect moonbat tears. Great success.

I have 1 gun under the bed with 3 mags. Everything else is kept in a safe on a different floor of the house in accordance with MA requirements. My thought is if I can't hit you within 39 shots based on where I think your voice is coming from, it's not my day to begin with. Oh wait...
Just make sure you have a socket wrench under your bed...

Good grief, why didn't I think of that? Build up an extra-killy AR on an unmachined 80% lower. Hang on wall. Collect moonbat tears. Great success.
Well it’s not an 80%....yet. Good idea!!

Traditional method of keeping dust off a piece of kitchen gear is the good old cozy. Have someone's nana crochet you one for the fridge mag. Bonus points if its done in woodland camo. ;)

Traditional method of keeping dust off a piece of kitchen gear is the good old cozy. Have someone's nana crochet you one for the fridge mag. Bonus points if its done in woodland camo. ;)
My mom, who’s retired, is getting back into crocheting....

My hd gun is in the quick access safe loaded and one spare mag. That's the tool for the "bump in the night" scenario that is most plausible day to day.

For oh shit situations (shtf) I have one shoulder bag for each member of the house already packed with corresponding rifle and pistol mags for the fire arms they will be "issued" if the need arises. All household members know this and the bags are hanging in the same safe with the fire arms.

I don't hide magazines around the house. That's just silly lol

What I'm about to write is extremely unlikely, but for the sake of discussion:

If the primers were copper, there is a very remote chance that they were hardened via high frequency vibration. Unlike steel, copper does not harden by typical annealing processes. Copper hardens by hammering, ultrasound, and/or prolonged exposure to high frequency vibration. Makes me wonder what frequency your fridge hums along at. If they were brass primers though, then this wouldn't apply.

My hd gun is in the quick access safe loaded and one spare mag. That's the tool for the "bump in the night" scenario that is most plausible day to day.

For oh shit situations (shtf) I have one shoulder bag for each member of the house already packed with corresponding rifle and pistol mags for the fire arms they will be "issued" if the need arises. All household members know this and the bags are hanging in the same safe with the fire arms.

Roger that. I like the way you think. I was wondering if some of these guys were only going with 01 mag grab an go and then having to break contact for reloads or try to drive the fight into a particular area where there are extra mags stored. Didn’t make sense to me.

What I'm about to write is extremely unlikely, but for the sake of discussion:

If the primers were copper, there is a very remote chance that they were hardened via high frequency vibration. Unlike steel, copper does not harden by typical annealing processes. Copper hardens by hammering, ultrasound, and/or prolonged exposure to high frequency vibration. Makes me wonder what frequency your fridge hums along at. If they were brass primers though, then this wouldn't apply.

That is some pure unadulterated nerd speak right there. But it’s pretty goddamned smart if it’s true so good on you.

That is some pure unadulterated nerd speak right there. But it’s pretty goddamned smart if it’s true so good on you.

lol. Yes, I'm a total nerd with no shame about saying so. My curiosity has served me well over the years.

Still, this is really far fetched. It is more me wanting to hear this extremely rare possibility is true than it probably being true.

I don’t hide mags either, I keep extras in various spots throughout the house. There are rifles in various spots throughout the house. Without revealing everything, I have a unique house, the first floor is mostly open, and the stairways are both one one side, down a hall. I didn’t design/build it, I bought it! There are multiple ‘approaches’ to my house, not just the driveway. It’s a weird shape, I live in a rural area and, yeah, multiple approaches. There is centralized storage, and spread out storage. If I find myself defending from one point, and run low, having more nearby could come in handy. There are four doors on the first floor (two I use frequently, third gets occasional use, the fourth almost never).

Lucas Macain use to keep his rifle next to the front door,and the ammo in his pocket.

We keep both of our home defense guns (modified 870 12 gauge and Mini 14 ranch rifle) loaded and stored in a quick-access V-Line safe along with extra ammo. Our other rifles and shotguns and all of the rest of our ammunition are stored in a BassPro Redhead safe with a S&G mechanical lock. Our older daughter will be 7 next month and starting 2nd grade. Our younger daughter will be 5 this month and starting kindergarten. We do not want a live round to make its way from our home to a show-and-tell session at school, if you know what I mean! :D

Does the ice maker work?

Have you changed the filter on the ice maker?

That will answer your question.

Also, do you have hard water?

Back
Top Bottom