Ammo stolen lesson learned - update: received

Fedex has done a lot of "Covid means we don't have to follow the rules" and the driver signs for signature required stuff and just leaves it at the door. No knock, no doorbell, just tossed on the porch and gone. Call sig, have them call fedex (They are the ones who contracted with fedex, you can't make anything happen) and figure out what happened. It's ammo, maybe someone will care.

Fedex has done a lot of "Covid means we don't have to follow the rules" and the driver signs for signature required stuff and just leaves it at the door. No knock, no doorbell, just tossed on the porch and gone. Call sig, have them call fedex (They are the ones who contracted with fedex, you can't make anything happen) and figure out what happened. It's ammo, maybe someone will care.
Going to get he response from fedex before contacting sig. plus I am not w/o resources

ordered from sig. Delivered fedex sig required. Someone else signed supposedly. Lesson. Learned
Report that sh*t stolen. You didn't sign.

You might also want to report it to the PD.

Here is why I think:
- scumbag gets caught.
- PD finds a box of ammo with your name and address.
- PD checks and you never reported it stolen.
- PD gets a hard on to catch someone and you get arrested for buying ammo for unlicensed individuals.

Report that sh*t stolen. You didn't sign.

You might also want to report it to the PD.

Here is why I think:
- scumbag gets caught.
- PD finds a box of ammo with your name and address.
- PD checks and you never reported it stolen.
- PD gets a hard on to catch someone and you get arrested for buying ammo for unlicensed individuals.
Thanks. Bypassing the local pd because I can

I've had FedEx leave packages (one $5k overnight medication delivery) at the bottom of my 500+ ft driveway, in a snowback along the shoulder of the road. They have devolved into the shittiest of shitty delivery companies, I'd take DHL over FedEx these days.
So, you build your house far back and expect the delivery driver to walk 500+ feet?

Thanks. Bypassing the local pd because I can
It wasn't stolen from you. I wouldn't bother with PD. Fedex dropped the ball. You report it to them, that's it. But try to keep any record of reporting it to Fedex. It was never in your possession, so not stolen from you.

So, you build your house far back and expect the delivery driver to walk 500+ feet?
Nope, I expect them to drive up the damn driveway to the MASSIVE turnaround at the top like every other delivery driver does. Rather than leaving packages in a ditch along the road...

Hell, the last UPS driver we had would make it up the driveway even when it was covered in ice, he'd get a running start and make it to the door, that dude was hardcore.

They drive up mine further than that, but theres enough space to turn around easily. They used to come up my driveway and walk through the woods to the neighbors because it was easier
Exactly, same here, the driveway has a turnout at the top that could park 4 cars in addition to being 4 cars wide in front of the garage. The UPS guy can pretty much do a u-turn without backing up at all if he gets the right angle coming up.

This. I’ve been getting lots of ammo and hazmat orders and they just leave them on my doorstep. It’s actually been beneficial now that I don’t have to tell them to hold it at the local FedEx ship center since I’m not home 24/7 to sign for packages.

In the future you can have most shipments brought to any fedex pickup or drop center, not drop box.
You know, like in a rite aid or maybe a supermarket. Or even have them hold at a facility if it is not too far. Sucks to do, but it does work well.

If you get cameras get ones that alert your phone and you can talk through so you can tell that prik you will find them..
Or just get some fake ones, anyone trying to eff with you who pays enough attention at your home to notice the difference, probly won't be stopped by cameras anyways.. .
And yup, fedex can $u《k a d!《k

Back
Top Bottom