• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo stolen lesson learned - update: received

Who says FedEx is going to believe him? “Sorry sir it was signed for, we delivered it at your address that you asked us to, this is a police matter” and the ammo is long gone. LOL at the box still having the OP’s name and address still on it.

After my dealings with FedEx I learned from a warehouse supervisor in Billerica they have to mark the package delivered on their tablet. It records the GPS coordinates. That is how FedEx knew my cell phone was delivered to the wrong house and in fact they sent a driver to that address to get it back. Needless to say since they waived the signature requirement the people at that address claimed no knowledge of the package and for all I know they were not lying.

FedEx, UPS and Amazon all track the GPS coordinates on delivery. Unless the driver purposely marks the package in the wrong location they know where the package was delivered.

After my dealings with FedEx I learned from a warehouse supervisor in Billerica they have to mark the package deliver on their tablet. It records the GPS coordinates. That is how FedEx knew my cell phone was delivered to the wrong house and in fact they sent a driver to that address to get it back. Needless to say since they waived the signature requirement the people at that address claimed no knowledge of the package and for all I know they were not lying.

FedEx, UPS and Amazon all track the GPS coordinates on delivery. Unless the driver purposely marks the package in the wrong location they know where the package was delivered.
I figured they had some type of system to track delivery but delivery to the correct address and claiming you didn’t receive it is an entirely different situation, especially when a signature is involved, I mean I highly doubt they will examine the signature to see if it’s close to anything they might have on file with the Op. Don’t get me wrong I believe the OP I just don’t think FedEx will

not a good situation. But if they sign your name they know you so either in your building or on your street.
They don't have to know you.

The guy/woman delivering primers and powder to my place doesn't know me. He/she (I dont know) just drops sh*t and runs away when it is signature required.

In the 2min it takes me to walk outside the truck is already 50-100 yards away.

not a good situation. But if they sign your name they know you so either in your building or on your street.

Or just a really savvy thief who read the name off the package/tablet and signed.

The truck driver has your name too. Sometimes they sign it "Covid" other times I have heard they sign your initials, or your name, or their name. It could easily be that the driver dropped the package, signed the name on it, and moved on. Or they stole it as has been alleged with Xbox and PS5's that were disappearing at a ridiculous rate.

I have everything shipped to work. I’m not usually in the building during the day, but there’s someone to sign or it’s brought right to the mail room. My boss is well aware of my “hobbies” so there’s no issue when 3K rounds of 9mm show up.

nice boss. The HR guys at my hospital would poop their panties if ammo ever showed up. Lockdown, grief counselors, diversity training.................

Nope, I expect them to drive up the damn driveway to the MASSIVE turnaround at the top like every other delivery driver does. Rather than leaving packages in a ditch along the road...

Hell, the last UPS driver we had would make it up the driveway even when it was covered in ice, he'd get a running start and make it to the door, that dude was hardcore.
FedEx exists for a good reason.

As a place for drivers to go who are not good enough for UPS.

They drive up mine further than that, but theres enough space to turn around easily. They used to come up my driveway and walk through the woods to the neighbors because it was easier

I'm mentioning this as more of a general PSA:

If you have a regular route driver, it's always good to remember him or her around Christmas time every year.

... Just saying (it goes a long way towards better package deliveries during the rest of the year)

i hear fedex and i cringe. my nurse at the blood clinic, her husband works for fedex. she mentioned a few times that the employees there know the company track record sucks and they joke around about it. he works in the garage, not as a driver. the only delivery service i hate and try not to use. if i get a preprinted label for a gun return for service and it's fedex and they won't change it to ups, i'll pay out of pocket for the ups delivery.

Have an arrangement with the next door neighbor who's retired Air Force and is home during the day ........
His address gets put on with anything that's valuable ........

Twice I’ve had a famous online ammo supplier (hello Dimples) use FedEx instead of UPS and ammo was left across the street in front of the neighbor’s garage, once in the rain. Anyone want to guess what a 5000 wet cardboard box feels like? I tried to speak with FedEx but they clearly DGAF. Knowing this is apparently a chronic issue, why do the ammo companies that will ship to MA continue to use them.

I'm mentioning this as more of a general PSA:

If you have a regular route driver, it's always good to remember him or her around Christmas time every year.

... Just saying (it goes a long way towards better package deliveries during the rest of the year)
No. Maybe that they should help US out for the whole year and just do what they are paid to do.
79E71F26-767F-48D0-A711-E194F1D8F094.jpeg

All this bitching about FedEx. I like my FedEx ground folks better than my UPS ground folks. To be clear I have no problem with either, but they give the FedEx guys nice small trucks that run right up my driveway where the UPS folks either try backing up my driveway, drive straight up and do a 70 point turn getting out, or hit one of my stupid rocks. I did have one UPS dude who had obviously been up to my place a few times as he had zero issues.

I couldn't distinguish between the ground services of either company in the last three states I lived in, so no comparison there. No real issues.

Twice I’ve had a famous online ammo supplier (hello Dimples) use FedEx instead of UPS and ammo was left across the street in front of the neighbor’s garage, once in the rain. Anyone want to guess what a 5000 wet cardboard box feels like? I tried to speak with FedEx but they clearly DGAF. Knowing this is apparently a chronic issue, why do the ammo companies that will ship to MA continue to use them.
Maybe it is time people start leaving one star reviews due to shipping.

There is certainly a difference between FedEX and UPS. When I receive a signature required package from UPS they always ring the door and check with me (masked and keeping a 6 foot distance) and get my name before signing on my behalf. FedEX just leaves it and when I go check the delivery confirmation it is signed with “COVID”.

My buddy has a problem with porch pirates they just flip the camera the bird when he talks through it. Has to be local scum bags as it does not happen if he is home.
Hes trying to trip them up by somehow sneaking back into the house.
He ordered a secure drop box and waiting on its delivery.

Plot twist, it was delivered but the porch pirates stole it

Dude, no camera protects you from a Fedex driver delivering to someone else, but you do need to protect your house.

I have cameras all over the house and I can open and close garage doors from my phone. Delivery pushes the Ring camera's button, we talk over the video feed, and if it is something important I open the garage door for the package. I also have cameras inside of the house (mostly to supervise our dogs while they are home alone). Where I live now (lovely MA) creeps made following delivery trucks a sport.

My security setup was not expensive. I did it all by myself. The most expensive piece was the entire garage door opener I had to replace.

If everything fails, no network, no electricity, my back up plan are our dogs. :D

UPS: Walks in to carport, puts package(s) on shelf by the door. EVERY time, even Christmas season

Fedex: Delivers to front porch, literally 2 ft from carport entrance, leaves on corner, NOT under cover. I once had a liquor delivery (adult signature required) en route, had to run out, saw the FedEx truck 2 houses down. Stopped, asked the driver if he had a package for me (gave him name AND address) he "checked" and said no. Two minutes later I got the notification the package was delivered. Turned around, yup, $200 of booze on the front porch in 90 degree summer sun. Once tried to ship ammo, FedEx depot (not a storefront, actual depot) said "We can't, has to be sent by ffl." called FedEx, they supposedly called the depot, verified they could ship for "citizen", and connected me. The person at the depot denied me again.
I will ALWAYS, EVERY TIME, choose UPS ove FedEx, and happily pay more.

Oh, USPS guy? ALSO brings stuff into the carport.

Christmas tips, $20 each USPS & UPS. If I could leave shit in a bag for FedEx I would.

Pay a little extra for FedEx Express Saver, FedEx Ground sucks.>>USPS sucks as well.. They left a insured and signature required $3k NF ATACR scope on my porch, along with horrendous delivery times for Priority service.

When the going gets tough, the USPS actually slows down lol

I have a friend who is a UPS pilot.
Evidently there is a huge rift between "management" and "labor".
Whenever he needs to send in any documents to HQ, he uses FedEx just to piss them off.
FedEx pilots are hardcore. Did you see that movie with the volley ball?

When Amazon makes a delivery, they take a picture of it delivered, we also do this at work. All carriers should do it, bet it would solve a lot of issues. The cameras at the house are great if something went missing after the delivery.

Last edited:
When Amazon makes a delivery, they take a picture of it delivered, we also do this at work. All carriers should do it, bet it would solve a lot of issues.
The only issue that solves is that it serves as some sort of proof they "dropped it" there. (Although you can't prove the driver picked it up and took it after the pic).

I had an Amazon package dissappear. They had a pic of where they left it, but it wasn't there.

Back
Top Bottom