• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo stolen lesson learned - update: received

Fedex has done a lot of "Covid means we don't have to follow the rules" and the driver signs for signature required stuff and just leaves it at the door. No knock, no doorbell, just tossed on the porch and gone. Call sig, have them call fedex (They are the ones who contracted with fedex, you can't make anything happen) and figure out what happened. It's ammo, maybe someone will care.

Guy who quit in March has signed for every package delivered to the office since last February so far.

You snooze, you lose. I slipped the fedex guy a cool 20.

Sorry, but it’s dog eat dog out there now, and I need to get to the range...

In the future you can have most shipments brought to any fedex pickup or drop center, not drop box.
You know, like in a rite aid or maybe a supermarket. Or even have them hold at a facility if it is not too far. Sucks to do, but it does work well.

If you get cameras get ones that alert your phone and you can talk through so you can tell that prik you will find them..
Or just get some fake ones, anyone trying to eff with you who pays enough attention at your home to notice the difference, probly won't be stopped by cameras anyways.. .
And yup, fedex can $u《k a d!《k
My buddy has a problem with porch pirates they just flip the camera the bird when he talks through it. Has to be local scum bags as it does not happen if he is home.
Hes trying to trip them up by somehow sneaking back into the house.
He ordered a secure drop box and waiting on its delivery.

did we find out what the lesson learned was?

lol-this.
I'm not seeing much of a lesson to be learned here other than life experience and trying to get a new shipment out of Sig.

In the future you can have most shipments brought to any fedex pickup or drop center, not drop box.
You know, like in a rite aid or maybe a supermarket. Or even have them hold at a facility if it is not too far. Sucks to do, but it does work well.

When Sig ships ammo out of their AR location, they put all sorts of restrictions on the package so you can't change it in your FedEx account. I dealt with it a couple weeks ago with them. Kind of a pain in the ass.

I've had FedEx leave packages (one $5k overnight medication delivery) at the bottom of my 500+ ft driveway, in a snowbank along the shoulder of the road. They have devolved into the shittiest of shitty delivery companies, I'd take DHL over FedEx these days.
THIS^

I hate FEDX

Fedex has done a lot of "Covid means we don't have to follow the rules" and the driver signs for signature required stuff and just leaves it at the door. No knock, no doorbell, just tossed on the porch and gone. Call sig, have them call fedex (They are the ones who contracted with fedex, you can't make anything happen) and figure out what happened. It's ammo, maybe someone will care.

Fedex did this with my Xbox series x back in November. They just dropped the package on front steps when it was signature required.

If you get cameras get ones that alert your phone and you can talk through so you can tell that prik you will find them..
Or just get some fake ones, anyone trying to eff with you who pays enough attention at your home to notice the difference, probly won't be stopped by cameras anyways.. .
And yup, fedex can $u《k a d!《k
THIS.

I purchased a HP desktop computer off ebay and had it sent to my local Walgreens for holding. The whole process worked excellent. Problem is here we are talking ammo , Fedex might have different regulations with shipping ammo to a holding facility.

not a good situation. But if they sign your name they know you so either in your building or on your street.

Or just a really savvy thief who read the name off the package/tablet and signed.

While I have found that to be true for most items, they still knock and ask for signature for alcohol deliveries (at least in GA). Hopefully thats still the case with ammo.

FedEx sucks.

Last November they deliver a signature required package to the wrong house. They said signature was waived due to Covid. Package had $1k cell phone in it. Verizon would not give me credit claiming package was delivered. FedEx admitted package was delivered to wrong house but for some reason wouldn't or couldn't inform Verizon of the snafu. Finally got it squared away after 2 to 3 weeks and countless calls to FedEx and Verison when I called Verizon for about the 20th. time and said cancel everything.

In December FedEx left a signature required package on my front door step. Didn't even ring the bell or nothing. The only reason I knew they were there is the dog was barking. By the time I got to the door the guy was back to his truck and pulling away. This package contained a P320 that I had sent to the Sig Armorer for some custom work. I purposely stayed home because I knew it was to be delivered and was signature required.

UPS: Walks in to carport, puts package(s) on shelf by the door. EVERY time, even Christmas season

Fedex: Delivers to front porch, literally 2 ft from carport entrance, leaves on corner, NOT under cover. I once had a liquor delivery (adult signature required) en route, had to run out, saw the FedEx truck 2 houses down. Stopped, asked the driver if he had a package for me (gave him name AND address) he "checked" and said no. Two minutes later I got the notification the package was delivered. Turned around, yup, $200 of booze on the front porch in 90 degree summer sun. Once tried to ship ammo, FedEx depot (not a storefront, actual depot) said "We can't, has to be sent by ffl." called FedEx, they supposedly called the depot, verified they could ship for "citizen", and connected me. The person at the depot denied me again.
I will ALWAYS, EVERY TIME, choose UPS ove FedEx, and happily pay more.

Oh, USPS guy? ALSO brings stuff into the carport.

Christmas tips, $20 each USPS & UPS. If I could leave shit in a bag for FedEx I would.

Who says FedEx is going to believe him? “Sorry sir it was signed for, we delivered it at your address that you asked us to, this is a police matter” and the ammo is long gone. LOL at the box still having the OP’s name and address still on it.

FedEx ALWAYS delivers my stuff to the wrong house - ALWAYS, no matter how many signs I put up. (For full story, see 'I Hate FedEx thread')
I have also had many bad experiences with fedex. Not only do they ship to the wrong address but they reprint a label with a different address and place it near the correct address. I have called over 15 times to try and fix this issue. Very Frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom