Ammo Shortage

A man sorts through a pile of spent casings to repack his used ones after target practice at the Noel W. Woods shooting range in Palmer. (Emily Mesner / ADN)

Lol. "repack"...

1639920031033.png

I'm not getting excited however, I'm noticing a little more ammo starting to show up around the country, not around here so much. The prices aren't bad at places like Academy, Sportsman, and Cabelas'/Bass Pro. We don't have Academy or Sportsmans around here but if you catch a Bass Pro or a Cabela's at the right time you may score. I know, what a pain in the arse. I also find a lot online some prices ok some not. Don't help much if you live in good ole Mass, but NH, Maine, Vermont you're good. I just refuse to pay $1.00 a round for something that was .25 to .35 cents a round a year ago. Someones making good money. Capitalism at its best or worse.
Anyone else see this?
Unless manufactures where running on supplies from 2018 through now
Material Costs have gone up.
Gas has gone up
Im not sure manufactures can keep prices at 2019 prices ?
My dad always taught me if you like to do something that involves consuming product keep a hefty stock of it.
Even growing up Massachusetts gun stores sucked for having decent inventory of ammo and we always trekked to NH,VT,ME to find quantity
So if your needing to buy ammo today and you where able to buy it in 2019
Well you Fd up and did not learn from the
Lead shortage in mid 2000s , the ammo crusis ala Sandy and even the little blip at the pre 2016 election
Ammo is out there and at ok prices for todays BS , I guess
For those just getting into shooting/guns
Its a rough ride for sure but keep at it.
One of my friends got his license jan 2020 and spent the next year stopping at every gun store his gps spit out on his travels. Amassed what I call “permit levels”
With out paying insane prices.

Unless manufactures where running on supplies from 2018 through now
Material Costs have gone up.
Gas has gone up
Im not sure manufactures can keep prices at 2019 prices ?
My dad always taught me if you like to do something that involves consuming product keep a hefty stock of it.
Even growing up Massachusetts gun stores sucked for having decent inventory of ammo and we always trekked to NH,VT,ME to find quantity
So if your needing to buy ammo today and you where able to buy it in 2019
Well you Fd up and did not learn from the
Lead shortage in mid 2000s , the ammo crusis ala Sandy and even the little blip at the pre 2016 election
Ammo is out there and at ok prices for todays BS , I guess
For those just getting into shooting/guns
Its a rough ride for sure but keep at it.
One of my friends got his license jan 2020 and spent the next year stopping at every gun store his gps spit out on his travels. Amassed what I call “permit levels”
With out paying insane prices.
To put it in perspective
In the “good Ole days”
That will be 1988 - i gave a box of 30/30 away that my dad bought at the Kmart in rockland Ma 20 rounds on sale for $8.50
He thought that was a ok price enough to grab it.
I was seeing boxes of 30/30 at Walmart back in in 2015 ish for $9.89 ?

This YouTube guy seems to have his thumb on the ammo situation. I'm inclined to think it's getting marginally better;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watpjZwIw0Y

Also, this site could provide some relief if you live in a state that allows shipping ammo;

For now I live in NY, however I have not found a FFL gun store to accept the transfer because of "insurance coverage". Hoping I can find a small FFL person who will help me out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom