Ammo Shortage

LOL.

Cheaper Than Dirt email this morning:

Lake City by Winchester .223 ......... No Purchase Limits!!!

Lake City by Winchester .223/5.56 NATO M193 Ammunition 20 Rounds FMJ 55 Grains W193​

Our low price..... $29.89

29.89x5 = $149.45 per 100

149.45x10 = $1494.50 per 1K

[rofl]

No shit there's no purchase limits............. who would buy ANY at that price

I can tell you who would buy it. Someone billing it to someone else as an expense and wants it now. Lol.

I guarantee they are selling it even at that price.

Actually I think the opposite has happened, I bet there are more people doing shotgun sports now than ever.... I mean think about it say your competitive pistol shooter and you just happen to have a couple of shotguns.... well last year you'd probably be like "well f*** it I'll just shoot sporting clays or skeet, trap or something. At least i can buy that stuff. "
I'll bet there will also be a trend towards archery in the coming few years along with flintlock black powder.

That's great but that's not going to help him get a decent 1911. RIGHT NOW. Going to DTE is going to limit him to the smallest pool of available choices and going to expose him to the largest pool of competing buyers. The guy looking for a 1911 is better off running out of band and using gunbroker or other tools to find the gun he wants from (Wherever) and getting it to a dealer that can help him transfer it.
Good luck with GunJoker right now. I've been looking for a few "off kilter" items. If you find one, people are paying $200+ for the "junk" stuff (Taurus, Charter Arms) and $400 to $600+ for "brand name" (i.e. Remington 11-87 in 20ga)
So I bought a Kimber Custom two tone from an FFL in Minnesota on Gunbroker.

Only thing is it's being shipped via postal service so who knows how long that'll take.
USPS is awful lately (other thread on that). Mailed a return receipt letter to state government last month. Receipt shows "Wednesday" acceptance but not "logged in" until Friday and not delivered until the following Monday (the day it absolutely had to be there, in the same state). :rolleyes:

So I bought a Kimber Custom two tone from an FFL in Minnesota on Gunbroker.

Only thing is it's being shipped via postal service so who knows how long that'll take.
Thought handguns had to be shipped 2nd day?

Thursday night at my club is skeet and dinner night. They send out blast emails telling members what's on the menu; this last Thursday it was spiral ham, (for Easter), and they set up an easter egg hunt for the kids outside.

With that notice came this one:
1617444934694.png

35$ for a box of 9mm, 47$ for a box of .45; and 95$ for a flat of 20GA, (10 boxes of 25 shells); I picked up two flats of 20GA.

For comparison, here's a search for 20GA:

1617445165630.png

March 2021 was 2nd highest gun sales month ever. Only beaten by March 2020. This really isn't getting better anytime soon. BW Biden Executive Orders, Ukraine/Russia about to kick off, all the nut jobs finally emerging from their coronavirus caves etc...

img14.png

Makes me wonder if it’s time to sell my reloading equipment.None of it’s even been used since they shut down all the shoots...

I have a custom set of 308 rifle at Molds...It’s a four mold set for my auto caster...Never even been used. I hope they’re collecting dust and not rust.

Are you thinking of selling it to Remington;
to boost production?
For awhile there i was makeing so much ammo l, i clearly got carried away....All my awesome equipment while very expensive was actually completely free...Pay itself off multiple times.

If i had somewhere to shoot my $.10 5.56 tracers id still be making them...
Buying those bulk pull downs made it really easy compared to having to cast and copper plate my own. And it’s not like I ever got in the making my own tracer projectiles. That’s taking it a little too far even for me

Sooooooo sell us some tracers? Haha

I was a real stickler when I bought these pull downs. Just like when I buy primers or powder.. I always feel like I’m paying one or two cents for something I’m getting a great deal. Then I ask questions like how many tens of thousands do I need to buy to save a penny on each...I have no idea the inventory but I assume I still have 10,000 tracers left..

The funny thing is they use less powder the my standard projectiles and still ignite...Those tracers project liles are so long it’s unbelievable...I never had a chance to do it but I want to load 308 pull down tracers. But it’s a lot more complicated. I think it’s because I’m cheap And was trying to load Some really questionable projectiles.

I bet there are more people doing shotgun sports now than ever.... I mean think about it say your competitive pistol shooter and you just happen to have a couple of shotguns.... well last year you'd probably be like "well f*** it I'll just shoot sporting clays or skeet, trap or something. At least i can buy that stuff. "
Anything That Can't Go On Forever, Won't Dept.

I was at Cabelas in Hudson today

5.56 on the left - lots of 20ct boxes @ $14ea

Attachments

• 487C8ECB-2A5B-4154-A79C-D58C3C4D9082.jpeg
    487C8ECB-2A5B-4154-A79C-D58C3C4D9082.jpeg
    852.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CAF9AC4F-0767-46AB-8F91-E2F47834873A.jpeg
    CAF9AC4F-0767-46AB-8F91-E2F47834873A.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 38
It was $4.99/20 for the cheap stuff (black box?), and maybe $5.99 for the better ("WWB"?), and maybe $7.99-9.99 for the higher end stuff.

I wish Walmart would bring back that zippy ZQI stuff in the 30 round boxes; or if not them, someone else. I'd say it was on the higher end, quality-wise, but mid-way price-wise.

Back
Top Bottom