Ammo Shortage

A 1911 in 9mm........its just sad thats all I can say really. Like buying a mustang but getting it with a 4 cylinder.........just plain sad.
P.S. This is just my opinion and I am sure many will disagree but I just don't care really.

The SDS imports Turk stuff is actually okay, at least the fitment doesn't appear totally shitty. Granted, these are basic guns. If you want something nice and have more dough you should hold out for something better. RIA can vary from OK to "meh" definitely don't buy without putting hands on the thing first.

I'm trying to find something from Springfield Armory or Kimber.

A 1911 in 9mm........its just sad thats all I can say really. Like buying a mustang but getting it with a 4 cylinder.........just plain sad.
P.S. This is just my opinion and I am sure many will disagree but I just don't care really.
It's the inbred cousin of the Browning family when a 1911 and Hi-Power got a little too friendly after a batch of Hoppes 9.
I'm trying to find something from Springfield Armory or Kimber.
Stick with Springfield Armory. Kimbers are caviar pricing for canned Tuna quality.

As someone who is actively engaged in what I call "Gun Babysitting" with 5 different semi-newbs, no, they're not. Well, one of them actually is, when I send him something useful to
watch. He actually has his head in the game in the right place..... Actually he doesn't even count because he's not really a full on newb. The rest of them are like the people in this
video...

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8

🤣 wtf? No cooking oil? No problem! Just use gasoline!

Kimber was delayed due to the move of their NY offices and production along with the larger NJ operations out of state at the end of 2019/ beginning of 2020. Bad timing on their part.

What's wrong with a RIA?
A lotta bang for the buck if you ask me, which I know you didn't, but figured I'd offer my $ .02.
Nothing. They shoot for the most part with good mags. Good for rough carry, truck gun, not too expensive to bang around with.
Definately not the top choice

Buying a “name brand” middle road 1911 right now is tough. They are top dollar If you can even find them.

Dan Wesson is my choice for value.

I have a loaded 4", Kimber, 9mm, 1911 and a 5"', stainless Sprinfield Armory, 9mm. I like them both, but as you know, i like the big stuff too.

It's the inbred cousin of the Browning family when a 1911 and Hi-Power got a little too friendly after a batch of Hoppes 9.

Stick with Springfield Armory. Kimbers are caviar pricing for canned Tuna quality.
I've had both Kimber's and Springfield Armory for years now. Kimbers are definately a cut above, for minimally higher cost.

Ha Dr Grant I know you dislike the deli ticket emporium but they are one of the few shops I've come across that actually still stock their shelves. The last 3 ffls's I visited looked like they were out of business. Worth a try if this guy has been looking so hard.

Ha Dr Grant I know you dislike the deli ticket emporium but they are one of the few shops I've come across that actually still stock their shelves. The last 3 ffls's I visited looked like they were out of business. Worth a try if this guy has been looking so hard.

That's great but that's not going to help him get a decent 1911. RIGHT NOW. Going to DTE is going to limit him to the smallest pool of available choices and going to expose him to the largest pool of competing buyers. The guy looking for a 1911 is better off running out of band and using gunbroker or other tools to find the gun he wants from (Wherever) and getting it to a dealer that can help him transfer it.

That's great but that's not going to help him get a decent 1911. RIGHT NOW. Going to DTE is going to limit him to the smallest pool of available choices and going to expose him to the largest pool of competing buyers. The guy looking for a 1911 is better off running out of band and using gunbroker or other tools to find the gun he wants from (Wherever) and getting it to a dealer that can help him transfer it.
Deli Ticket Emporium (DTE), if anyone needs translation 😂

Fortunately I saw this coming a long long time ago.

Walmart and Bass Pro are getting target loads regularly, they just leave the shelves as fast as they appear. Their pricing is also somewhat normal if you're willing to check the store multiple times per week eventually you'll find something.

The owners at my club have been making efforts to bring in ammo; part of that was they absolutely wanted to be sure that the youth shotgun team had shells. They picked up something like six pallets a couple of weeks ago and have been putting it in the pro shop for sale to members.

I picked up two more flats of 20GA yesterday for 180; (that's 9$ a box). Looking online, the closest I can find to that is Midway at 12.99 a box plus freight and hazmat. So, I figure my club's making a couple of bucks, but I'm doing better there than online. Substantially.

I only shoot 3 or 4 rounds a skeet per week, so with what I already had, I'm probably good for at least a couple of months.

Which just means that I'll buy more...

Hey you’re not wrong- but the guy claims he’s running around ffl to ffl like my overweight neighbor was on their toilet paper hunt last april.

So I bought a Kimber Custom two tone from an FFL in Minnesota on Gunbroker.

Only thing is it's being shipped via postal service so who knows how long that'll take.

Back
Top Bottom