ammo shortage??

Was in Smoky Mountain Knife Works earlier today to pick up a lower. Filled out the 4473, dude said "Go shopping, NICS is taking 1-4 hours." I said "Here's my number, call me." two hours later I'm home getting ready to nap before work (night shift) and he calls and says it's ready. Told him I'd pick it up Monday, along with the WTF Mossberg 12ga pump I added on.

Cases had plenty of guns, pistols, revolvers, whole gamut. Long guns, AR's both carbine and pistol, Shockwave, all there, but lots of holes.

Ammo was priced kinda high. $12 for 9, $16 for 45, 223 @ 40¢/round, 22 @7-8.

Ammo I'm good, I've been looking everywhere for Winchester Small Pistol Primers for reloading
Shooters Outpost in NH had them for $34 per 1k. I bought 24k Fiocchi Pistol primers for $25 per 1k instead. They had CCI for $31 per 1k.

If you don’t mind Remington, @Len-2A Training has a bunch of primers for sale in the classifieds at a good price.

I’ve got a crap ton of Win pistol primers. They’ve been on sale from online vendors plus rebates last year. I bought 20,000+ at around $24 per 1k delivered to my door. Gotta find the deals and stock up.

Shooters Outpost in NH had them for $34 per 1k. I bought 24k Fiocchi Pistol primers for $25 per 1k instead. They had CCI for $31 per 1k.

If you don’t mind Remington, @Len-2A Training has a bunch of primers for sale in the classifieds at a good price.

I’ve got a crap ton of Win pistol primers. They’ve been on sale from online vendors plus rebates last year. I bought 20,000+ at around $24 per 1k delivered to my door. Gotta find the deals and stock up.
Thanks, I learned to reload with a formula but I may need to branch out on specifics.

I was in one of my local shops today. The shelves were pretty bare and everyone was coming in looking for .22LR. One woman was coping an attitude that they didn't have any .380 and she only wanted a couple of "bricks" of it, with each brick being 250rds. She was complaining about the shop not knowing when their order was coming in today and that it might not have all the .380 she wants on top of the store restricting how much you could buy at one time. And I'm sure if I was there when she came back for the .380 that they would sell her, she would bitch about how much it costs.

The other thing that was basically unable to be found in the shop was any other handgun caliber loaded with hollow points.
So “Karen” shoots, interesting lol

The same thing happened to me except with a "Wow" react...I notified him that I did not report the post for gouging like I reported another post but he was annoyed I didn't react similarly to the post before his. So I decided to be fair and I went back to the classified listings and "Wow" reacted to the other post. I am a man of culture.

Patriot Arms took in a bunch of random ammo today. Several non-NATO rifle calibers, some more handgun stuff. Prices range from quite cheap to hard pass, depending.

Just took a look on Target Sports USA.

Cheapest in stock .223 is 95 cents a round. Cheapest 9mm in stock is 80 cents a round.

The only thing left in stock is high end ammo.

I’m hedging my bets that this shortage will outlast and surpass the great ammo shortage of ‘08 Obama and ‘13-14 Pre-Trump.

I bet in another 1-2 weeks when we're all in national lockdown that people will pay $1k for a case of 9mm or .223.
I plan on lining my looters up and shooting through the lot of them with a single bullet, like Indiana Jones from The Last Crusade in the epic tank battle scene. Now THAT is how to save ammo in a life or death situation.

Last edited:
How do you like the Sig? I was thinking of buying one for around $500. Good deal?
I like it a lot now that the sights are fixed. Check the sights to make sure that the really do glow in the dark As there have been some issues with the xray sights. delta was good about getting mine replaced and said they should last for 10 years

Just took a look on Target Sports USA.

Cheapest in stock .223 is 95 cents a round. Cheapest 9mm in stock is 80 cents a round.

The only thing left in stock is high end ammo.
Forget it. I'm never shooting from my stash again. Absolutely ridiculous. The market is responding very strongly to this panic buy.

One of the youtubers put out a video saying there's gonna be a .22 shortage so watch out. TargetSports is sold out of everything below 6 cents a round now. I snagged some before the hoarders jumped on. One second there was 35 cases of bulk packs in stock, next minute it was gone. I feel like a lot of it is being bought up by gunshops trying to flip it. No individual would have bought 35 cases of .22.

Can you shoot people breaking into you home to feed their kids instead of you feeding yours.?

and people don't have such capability any other day of week? now we're waiting until midst of pandemic to prepare. gotcha.

One of the youtubers put out a video saying there's gonna be a .22 shortage so watch out. TargetSports is sold out of everything below 6 cents a round now. I snagged some before the hoarders jumped on. One second there was 35 cases of bulk packs in stock, next minute it was gone. I feel like a lot of it is being bought up by gunshops trying to flip it. No individual would have bought 35 cases of .22.
Well, I gotta lol outta this. I was looking TS around 9pm and there were over 99+ Federal Field Pack 2750 copper plated 22lr going for $13.87 each. I just checked now after seeing your post and it’s gone!

Well, I gotta lol outta this. I was looking TS around 9pm and there were over 99+ Federal Field Pack 2750 copper plated 22lr going for $13.87 each. I just checked now after seeing your post and it’s gone!
Yea I had a few of those in my cart figured I'd grab some just to get me through a summers woeth of plinking, and then bam, removed from my cart I was like wtf. Whoever it was bought up everything they had all at once.

Back
Top Bottom