ammo shortage??

Essentially no 9mm available through distribution right now. Prices going up at retail is health profit taking by retailers.

^this is why I've been preaching .40 S&W for past 2-3 years. since the cartridge is perceived as having syphilis, low overall demand makes it less sensitive to panic buying. i love me some 180 gr .40 through a G22 or P229 it's good stuff.

Northeast arms has 50k rounds of 9 coming next week along with about the same in 5.56

We got ahead of it last week and ordered before this shit happened, and no we will not be raising the price “just because” like some other places did
Sweet!! @G Port go see northeast arms next week.

Northeast arms has 50k rounds of 9 coming next week along with about the same in 5.56

We got ahead of it last week and ordered before this shit happened, and no we will not be raising the price “just because” like some other places did
BOOM!

I love how active you guys are on the forum.

I only got my license a week ago so I didn't get a chance to stock up.... :(

At least rifles rounds seem to be much less affected.
Don’t fall for it , rifle ammo like 5.56 and 308 is all gone at the distribution level too , give it a couple days and they will start to dwindle from store and online also , buy it while you can and while it’s still reasonably priced

OP, just reload. One pound of powder goes a loooong way when reloading 9mm.

Bullets are easy to find. And if you cant find bullets, casting your own is easy. Since they dont weight a lot, 1lbs of alloy also goes a pretty long way.

I have an additional 1K 160grain 9mm bullets arriving tomorrow.

160 grain? Interesting, what are you using them for?

I ask because I'm loading 124 for USPSA/IDPA/plinking in 9mm; and 158 in .38 and .357 for pins. I've loaded 147 in 9mm, but didn't see any real difference between it and 124 - (operator issues?); 160 seems heavy to me.

Don’t fall for it , rifle ammo like 5.56 and 308 is all gone at the distribution level too , give it a couple days and they will start to dwindle from store and online also , buy it while you can and while it’s still reasonably priced

Got 600 rounds (400 7.62x39 and 200 .233, even though I don't own a .223 rifle yet) today at bass pro and some local shops, that was all I could afford. Skipped on shotgun ammo because already had 50 shells of various types.

Got 600 rounds (400 7.62x39 and 200 .233, even though I don't own a .223 rifle yet) today at bass pro and some local shops, that was all I could afford. Skipped on shotgun ammo because already had 50 shells of various types.
Damn. That stinks. Tough if money is tight.

I was in the Northboro/Westboro Walmart 2 days ago and the ammo case was over flowing with lots of everything from 00 buck to .22.
Remember when we had threads about where the ammo was and there was very little 9mm and no .22 anywhere to be found....??!

My thoughts are that you haven't been paying attention for the past month.

You mean the past ten years......or more.

This handwriting has been on the wall for "over"a decade. I have no sympathy for those who are not well stocked at this point in time.......they ignored every blatant warning out there for years and now come up short? Nobody to blame but themselves.
Ammo has been cheap and plentiful for a long time.

Opportunity for large producers of any item to rape the customer.....Hell I went in for dry cat food and not a phreaking bag on the shelf...and Wet cans of food were marked up.

Welcome to "late to the game panic" and "free market enterprise".

It's a supply and demand world......always has been, always will be.

Well this was the first time tnite I noticed this thread. I had already plenty of ammo in storage but I noticed the price rising and quantity depleting from TS the last three weeks. Speer Lawman was $8.27 a brick and now it’s gone. There were 28 cases of Barnaul 115 gr 9mm left for about the same price per brick just now so I picked up 2 cases with 10 day shipping.

Anyone shoot the Prvi Partizan M855 5.56 and have feedback on it? I’m thinking of getting a case.

buying ammo now at these crazy prices is pointless. Just wait it out and it will drop like it always does. I mean honestly everyone should have at least 2k rounds of every caliber they own at all times. At least.

Depends on how long you want to wait, my gut feeling is the base price of quality 9mm at around 8-9 bucks a box is not going to be seen again anytime soon, manufacturers and distribution/mids know they can get away with 10-11 bucks whenever there's any kind of political pressure going on. It literally took an industry wide slump and trump getting elected to get the price down to 8 bucks. That kind of thing doesn't happen very often.

-Mike

160 grain? Interesting, what are you using them for?

I ask because I'm loading 124 for USPSA/IDPA/plinking in 9mm; and 158 in .38 and .357 for pins. I've loaded 147 in 9mm, but didn't see any real difference between it and 124 - (operator issues?); 160 seems heavy to me.
I will be trying them for USPSA, revolver.

Anyone shoot the Prvi Partizan M855 5.56 and have feedback on it? I’m thinking of getting a case.

If it's anything like their M193 is it should be excellent ammo, although I wonder if they still use that propellant that smells like ammonia. I used to buy tons of privi M193 when it could be had for under 300/1000. Great ammo. Then it sorta disappeared from the market for awhile, I think they had a huge factory explosion at one point, too.

If it's anything like their M193 is it should be excellent ammo, although I wonder if they still use that propellant that smells like ammonia. I used to buy tons of privi M193 when it could be had for under 300/1000. Great ammo. Then it sorta disappeared from the market for awhile, I think they had a huge factory explosion at one point, too.
I’ve smelled that ammonia smell. Kinda gives you the 🧐 when you waft it the first time.

It’s about $340 shipped which doesnt’t seem too shabby for a penetrator round. You know. For penetrating.

I’ve got about 700 rounds left of their M193 and it’s good stuff. Accurate and the brass seems to be good quality. No issues reloading it so far.

Depends on how long you want to wait, my gut feeling is the base price of quality 9mm at around 8-9 bucks a box is not going to be seen again anytime soon, manufacturers and distribution/mids know they can get away with 10-11 bucks whenever there's any kind of political pressure going on. It literally took an industry wide slump and trump getting elected to get the price down to 8 bucks. That kind of thing doesn't happen very often.

-Mike

Yeah there’s no way they’re going to offer ammo at the same price as before, now that the demand is through the roof.

its normally good stuff , but lately I’ve been getting feedback about it blowing out primers I personally haven’t experienced this so it may be isolated to a certain lot number

Back
Top Bottom