ammo shortage??

Stopped by 4S after work today. 5 box limit per caliber. $14.99 for a box of 9. Johnny Cashregister says it's because of the new vendor prices, but it came off the same pallet of Winchester Target that's been sitting there for the past three months. Wtf is this bs? Do the bullet making machines have the Coronavirus. Market Basket never doubled the price on our precious toilet paper even though they were wiped out.
Do I have any other options other than hand loading? Is it crossbow time?
Your thoughts....

I'm having problems finding 9mm bullets that I need for reloading. I still have quite a few but I was trying to shore up my supply a bit. They're out there but many brands are saying out of stock under the selections.

Opportunity for large producers of any item to rape the customer.....Hell I went in for dry cat food and not a phreaking bag on the shelf.
your cat/s will not be happy...they're going to start looking at you as their food now.

Stopped by 4S after work today. 5 box limit per caliber. $14.99 for a box of 9. Johnny Cashregister says it's because of the new vendor prices, but it came off the same pallet of Winchester Target that's been sitting there for the past three months. Wtf is this bs?

This is what happens when people aren't paying attention. This run started about two weeks ago. I'm pretty glad that I picked up another 3000+ rounds of 9mm last weekend...

If you act quickly you might be able to find some other vendors (likely non MA ones) that still have stock at less than rape prices.

-Mike

Stopped by 4S after work today. 5 box limit per caliber. $14.99 for a box of 9. Johnny Cashregister says it's because of the new vendor prices, but it came off the same pallet of Winchester Target that's been sitting there for the past three months. Wtf is this bs? Do the bullet making machines have the Coronavirus. Market Basket never doubled the price on our precious toilet paper even though they were wiped out.
Your thoughts....

Opportunity for large producers of any item to rape the customer.....Hell I went in for dry cat food and not a phreaking bag on the shelf...and Wet cans of food were marked up.

Your thoughts....
Your options should have been pretty clear for a long time. Stack it deep in case of shit like this......or......you pay the price later.

Or ....you could leave it in the shelf at fs and go somewhere else.

Last edited:
It also doesnt help matter that a lot of the intel I'm getting from "cup" regions is that people are acting considerably more retarded in the urban bullshit areas, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a generalized ammo panic inside the cup. In which case, you should be buying your ammo way outside of the cup.... [laugh]

-Mike

you are correct stockwell. I was asleep at the switch. I had enough pellets that I didn't need to restock till now. And BAM!! Hit me like an atomic wedgie.

Your thoughts....
Vendors have raised their prices so if retailers sell at the old lower price, theyll have to pay the new higher price with the smaller revenues made from selling at the old price. Prices always rise with new costs regardless of what the retailer paid. Demand has gone up (regardless if its logical or not) so prices have gone up with it.

Hate to say I told you so, but this is why its a good policy to have some money set aside weekly/monthly for ammo purchases and why people should buy more than they shoot. Buy 5, shoot 3. It adds up and will eventually come in handy.

All of you guys are absolutely correct. Lesson learned. I have only been shooting long enough to associate 9mm with an $8.99 price tag. Are these crisis periods fairly cyclical, like summer oil prices? Or do they require a triggering (ha ha ha ha) event?

Was in Basspro today and the handgun ammo aisle seems to have shrunk considerably ( although they have removed the glass doors from the shelves which is nice). That being said, they still have Blazer 9 for $9.99 and some steel case stuff for $8. 99 if you just want some range ammo. Same prices as usual.
Went down the road to Gartman and they said people are scooping up whatever they get in.
I don't get it. It's a flu, not the zombie apocalypse.

All of you guys are absolutely correct. Lesson learned. I have only been shooting long enough to associate 9mm with an $8.99 price tag. Are these crisis periods fairly cyclical, like summer oil prices? Or do they require a triggering (ha ha ha ha) event?
Every 4 years when a Dem has a chance.

Last edited:
Vendors have raised their prices so if retailers sell at the old lower price, theyll have to pay the new higher price with the smaller revenues made from selling at the old price. Prices always rise with new costs regardless of what the retailer paid. Demand has gone up (regardless if its logical or not) so prices have gone up with it.

Hate to say I told you so, but this is why its a good policy to have some money set aside weekly/monthly for ammo purchases and why people should buy more than they shoot. Buy 5, shoot 3. It adds up and will eventually come in handy.

Well, kinda.... the real deal is any dealer that hedged on ammo and now sees/smells the market change and now is re-configuring their pricing to improve profit regardless of what their future replenishment costs are... people want to cash out on their investment, and how can you blame them....

-Mike

Well, kinda.... the real deal is any dealer that hedged on ammo and now sees/smells the market change and now is re-configuring their pricing to improve profit regardless of what their future replenishment costs are... people want to cash out on their investment, and how can you blame them....

-Mike
Well yeah, that too [wink]

Back
Top Bottom