• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo shortage??

I wasn't around for the last three ammo hoards. I just joined the dark side around the middle of last year.

Let this be a lesson, assuming society normalizes between now and the summer, because there's likely going to be another ammo and gun buying frenzy around the election:

(1) Don't be dependent on one source for ammo;
(2) Know what a good price for ammo is - even if an outside vendor won't ship to Mass, know what a good price is;
(3) Learn what vendors will ship to you;
(4) Don't be afraid to buy or special order cases of ammo from local stores if you have a working, friendly relationship with the store;
(5) Consider handloading; and
(6) If you're on here, at least read through the threads once a week - we have like a dozen coronavirus threads ongoing.

There may be others but target sports is the only one that ships to MA that anyone is willing to talk about in public.

Rest assured though they're blown clean, or going to be close to it.

-Mike
Not blown clean enough that your post didn't motivate me to order a few thousand rounds of 22lr even though UPS hasn't yet received my previous order.

Stopped by 4S after work today. 5 box limit per caliber. $14.99 for a box of 9. Johnny Cashregister says it's because of the new vendor prices, but it came off the same pallet of Winchester Target that's been sitting there for the past three months. Wtf is this bs? Do the bullet making machines have the Coronavirus. Market Basket never doubled the price on our precious toilet paper even though they were wiped out.
Do I have any other options other than hand loading? Is it crossbow time?
Your thoughts....
Target sports USA. Get to know them and go Prime!!!!

what are some good mail order vendors to use? do they all require a signature for delivery?
Yeah you’re way behind if you waited till now to start stocking up That being said your cheapest brass cased ammo is this

I wasn't around for the last three ammo hoards. I just joined the dark side around the middle of last year.
Gotcha. Well I suggest you buy that ammo I linked previous and buy as much as you can afford before it’s gone.
Edit: it’s gone.

I'm having problems finding 9mm bullets that I need for reloading. I still have quite a few but I was trying to shore up my supply a bit. They're out there but many brands are saying out of stock under the selections.
Really? What type of bullets you looking for? Coated jacketed etc. All my sources are stocked.

ty Andrew. When a couple guys mentioned it earlier, I added it to the favs list
Reach out to shops like Northeast Arms in Peabody, 619 DW Guns and Ammo in Merrimack NH or Shooters Outpost in Hooksett NH. Or Stateline Guns in Plaistow NH
They’ll have bulk ammo deals. Can’t say they haven’t been wiped clean though.

TSUSA Please expect 10 day shipping delay on all ammunition

Damn, I order earlier today and the was 5-7 days... this is with a Prime account

Really? What type of bullets you looking for? Coated jacketed etc. All my sources are stocked.
124gr jacketed RN...I found some but then when I put them in the cart and saw the shipping prices, I said screw it...I'll go visit Jim's place tomorrow in Hooksett and see what they have.

My last order was Tuesday night and it showed yesterday. Been a little low on funds, I have hoarder stashes but that's like my savings, was just running a little low on .45 out of the working pile - cheap and available..

99+ cases of 500 rounds of PP 7.62 NATO up for grabs at < .50/round. Bank account was looking nice today so grabbed a case of that.

Shortage, not that I can tell, but obviously the looney is making it's way to ammo based on the 10 day shipping warning.

Reach out to shops like Northeast Arms in Peabody, 619 DW Guns and Ammo in Merrimack NH or Shooters Outpost in Hooksett NH. Or Stateline Guns in Plaistow NH
They’ll have bulk ammo deals. Can’t say they haven’t been wiped clean though.

Northeast arms in Peabody has 50k rounds of 9 coming next week along with about the same in 5.56

We got ahead of it last week and ordered before this shit happened, and no we will not be raising the price “just because” like some other places did

Last edited:
buying ammo now at these crazy prices is pointless. Just wait it out and it will drop like it always does. I mean honestly everyone should have at least 2k rounds of every caliber they own at all times. At least.

OP, just reload. One pound of powder goes a loooong way when reloading 9mm.

Bullets are easy to find. And if you cant find bullets, casting your own is easy. Since they dont weight a lot, 1lbs of alloy also goes a pretty long way.

I have an additional 1K 160grain 9mm bullets arriving tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom