• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Shortage To Continue Until Summer 2021

I am thinking ammo shortage will last until next summer, based on the last couple of them that's how long it took for things to settle back down, and overshoot
a bit actually after the third year. Supplies are creeping back in now at prices like 0.90/rd for .223, 0.50 for 7.62x39, 0.40 for 9mm. I think by next summer it will be back to about 0.25 for 9mm and 0.35 for .223

e9se6hrmemy51.jpg
Holding out for a graph relating it to US Postal Charges...
(@Rob Boudrie)

Last edited:
I've not bought a single round of loaded ammo since early March 2020.

Components yes, but nothing loaded.......except .50bmg

Last edited:
Looking at Wikiammo now and cheapest 9mm is .59/rnd for steel case. Not even a list for brass case OEM.

50cpr for brass is not realistic unless you're talking a box store random pickup. Nobody is buying at that price in quantity unless they're a dealer with a connection or scraping box stores.

50cpr for brass is not realistic unless you're talking a box store random pickup. Nobody is buying at that price in quantity unless they're a dealer with a connection or scraping box stores.
Natchez had 34 cpr 9mm on Monday. Needless to say it sold out FAST. I’m not understanding the large swing in prices from vendor to vendor. Also depends on the brand.

Natchez had 34 cpr 9mm on Monday. Needless to say it sold out FAST. I’m not understanding the large swing in prices from vendor to vendor. Also depends on the brand.
Distribution. White Birch had PMC 9mm for like 29 cpr back on Black Friday. Supposedly PMC hooked them up direct. Wouldn't surprise me if natchezss got a similar deal.

You can find $0.40/per round online, stock drops every day, but most places (Natchezss included) don't ship to MA. Go rent a mailbox at UPS out of state or send it to a friend. Tough to find any halfway reasonably priced ammo within MA.

Last edited:

The ammo shortage doesn't really seem to be much of a shortage at this point in time. There probably was a genuine shortage earlier on due to panic buying/surge in new gun owners/operations slowed cause of Rona. But now? Have there been some price increases from Fed/CCI/Speer? Inflation? Increased raw materials cost? Sure. But not enough to keep selling at the consistent $.80-90 cpr for 5.56/9mm. There have been many reports of plenty ammo out there, but looks like many, not all, vendors are continuing to keep prices artificially high because people have been and still are paying it!

The ammo shortage doesn't really seem to be much of a shortage. There probably was a genuine shortage earlier on due to panic buying/surge in new gun owners/operations slowed cause of Rona. But now? Have there been some price increases from Fed/CCI/Speer? Inflation? Increased raw materials cost? Sure. But not the consistent $.80-90 cpr for 5.56/9mm There have been many reports of plenty ammo out there, but looks like many, not all, vendors are continuing to keep prices artificially high because people have been and still are paying it!
That's mostly called sticky price. If people keep paying it then the price will stay high... don't get too excited too fast because even if we get a drop it's still going to settle in at some value that's far higher than the 2019 value. Lots of people will turn on the "buy" switch at cases which appear at 50 cpr or less and start another demand surge. This process yo-yos a bunch, wash rinse repeat, till everyone runs out of money/appetite.... lol

That's mostly called sticky price. If people keep paying it then the price will stay high... don't get too excited too fast because even if we get a drop it's still going to settle in at some value that's far higher than the 2019 value. Lots of people will turn on the "buy" switch at cases which appear at 50 cpr or less and start another demand surge. This process yo-yos a bunch, wash rinse repeat, till everyone runs out of money/appetite.... lol
I've been watching ammo stock forums/discussions a lot... and I can say that most are at that <50 cpr benchmark you pointed out. It's at least an improvement from a few months ago.

My club is getting low on both shotgun ammo and clays, end of this month members only can buy ammo that you shoot, no take-homes. Used to buy clays by the 18 wheeler load spitting the load with another club and used to buy by the caseload of 12 Gauge on a pallett in a delivery truck. Members only on shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays, running low on all kinds of clays. Can't find any suppliers.

Well? Are we on track? It's only May. Still have June July and August.

Uhhh, “on track” is relative. We’re on track, to something, somewhere, at sometime. I don’t think low ammo prices is the first stop though.
Remington is indeed back! I saw freedom buckets of low to mid-level brass cased .223 range ammo for sale today for a mere .69 cpr! (Prime, plus tax, more if not prime..) but yeah!!

Lol. Nothing is going to change this year. Bidens ATF guy just said he wants to ban all AR15s, we're still setting monthly new records for NICS. Too many people realize shiit is spiraling out of control. If you don't have ammo and loaded mags stored yoy should start paying current prices because frankly I expect it to get worse. You think there won't be another media circus shooting this year?

Lol. Nothing is going to change this year. Bidens ATF guy just said he wants to ban all AR15s, we're still setting monthly new records for NICS. Too many people realize shiit is spiraling out of control. If you don't have ammo and loaded mags stored yoy should start paying current prices because frankly I expect it to get worse. You think there won't be another media circus shooting this year?

There’s already been plenty of shootings to report on this year, one today as such! I won’t call it a coincidence, but the reporting has elevated noticeably.

I think we're in a lull right now because people are coming off of covaids bs and the weather is nice. Once bidens stooge gets confirmed and they start running their mouths about bans, i expect a third wave of garbage.

I don't think they will pass any new laws this year or next because I think Peloso is smart enough to remember what happened after the AWB was passed. They got crushed in the midterms. The issue is the ATG will continue to go rogue and make up new laws on their own

Back
Top Bottom