Ammo Shortage To Continue Until Summer 2021

Where are you getting these from?
The 25% drop in demand is a gut guess, but the issues sourcing raw materials, the metals, that's been known going back to last year. I saw one article in American Rifleman that a Hornady rep said the DOT approved cardboard to ship ammo in is difficult to source.

The 25% drop in demand is a gut guess, but the issues sourcing raw materials, the metals, that's been known going back to last year. I saw one article in American Rifleman that a Hornady rep said the DOT approved cardboard to ship ammo in is difficult to source.
Without facts, my suggestion to build 20 factories is just as good, if not better than your "gut guess" and hearsay about cardboard supplies.

You and millions of others... it rather sucks.
There are other, less popular ways to shoot that are not exorbitantly expensive. Black powder revolvers are fun to shoot, pain to clean, but .375" round balls cost less than 10 cents a ball, you can make your own lube for a few cents a shot, powder is cheap, caps pretty much cost what primers do now, but you can make your own out of aluminum cans if you have the right tools.

Without facts, my suggestion to build 20 factories is just as good, if not better than your "gut guess" and hearsay about cardboard supplies.
The ammo industry would go full retard if they opened factories with the inability to procure the metals, not too mention the time to train new employees and inevitable quality issues that would come from entire factories of people with no experience making ammo.

Blew through 300 rounds of 22lr, 100 rounds of 357 mag, and 150 rounds of 9mm today. Shit I’d be broke if I didn’t reload and didn’t buy 22 cheap and stack it deep.
That’s like what, $250 worth of ammo?😂

Chatted with a guy at the club today. He called a contact at Fiocchi to find out what's going on.

Well... they allegedly have a 4 year backlog of orders. They are having trouble sourcing some materials and that is limiting manufacturing. And the government has first dibs on all their manufacturing.

Other than that everything is fine...

View attachment 445831

I've never seen Fiocchi ammo other than in ads. Maybe someone is buying it, but most federal agencies shoot Federal or Winchester. Maybe the military shoots it? Does Fiocchi make bullets for other labels? That I could see, making the statement believable. These contracts were set up during the Infowars "BILLION BULLETS" hype a few years ago.

The other aspects of what you said make sense. Lead mines are being shut down in the US, I remember reading most lead for ammo was reclaimed lead, not freshly mined.

When you're already having trouble sourcing lead, brass, copper, and aluminum you're not going to suddenly seek a loan on building a new plant that won't be operational until probably next year, at which point the shortage will either be over or near over.
Someone should pass the word to the moonbats that if they
outlaw private vehicles and make everyone ride the bus,
we'll recycle all the illegal cars into guns'n'ammo...

P.S. That redhead girl looks like the gal from the X Files.
I'm the one that posted the photo,
and I still think we should bring back downvotes
for that careless remark.
[rofl]
Can we circle back to the unregistered cannons on Jen Psaski?
  1. Dead behind the eyes.
  2. I'm thinking wicked muffin-top.

Someone should pass the word to the moonbats that if they
outlaw private vehicles and make everyone ride the bus,
we'll recycle all the illegal cars into guns'n'ammo...

I'm the one that posted the photo,
and I still think we should bring back downvotes
for that careless remark.
[rofl]

1. Dead behind the eyes.
  2. I'm thinking wicked muffin-top.
Definitely a Muffin Top.

She's sporting a Gunt also but she hides it well.

Coupled with lockdowns and temporary closures of factories, manufacturers have been forced to run at lower capacity despite ballooning sales
This is a good time to move to automation in existing and new plants.

The key to normalizing sales lies with new gun owners. Once new shooters stock up and the political dust settles, supply should return to normal.
OK.

Lead mines are being shut down in the US
Maybe they should be opening new ones. If there is a shortage, why would they shut down the mines?

Blew through 300 rounds of 22lr, 100 rounds of 357 mag, and 150 rounds of 9mm today. Shit I’d be broke if I didn’t reload and didn’t buy 22 cheap and stack it deep.
That’s like what, $250 worth of ammo?😂

I shot two divisions of Steel Challenge Saturday; Production and Carry Optic.
That's 250 rounds of 9mm without any "extra" shots. I might have had a "few" extra shots.

If I didn't reload - I wouldn't be able to find 250+ rounds of 9mm to run those stages.

There are a couple differentiators to consider.

The last ammo drought was mostly existing gun owners. This one was exacerbated by new shooters wanting self defense guns(and calibers) and those people who had a self defense pistol lying in a sock drawer and realized they needed some ammo for it(also defense capable calibers).

You can also note that after Newtown, political fear of legislation was the large driving factor. But last year, it was fear of insecurity in society and a desire to protect one’s home and self from violent riots and thieves trying to steal your toilet paper.
Don't forget COVID. How long were factories closed or half staffed?

How was their supply chain affected?

I am assuming COVID had the biggest impact.

If Republicans don't take the House back in 2022, which from a historical perspective should be a slam dunk, why in the world do you think they'd win anything 2024?
Because, Romney will run again. He will save us.

(Sarcasm)

I've never seen Fiocchi ammo other than in ads. Maybe someone is buying it, but most federal agencies shoot Federal or Winchester. Maybe the military shoots it? Does Fiocchi make bullets for other labels? That I could see, making the statement believable. These contracts were set up during the Infowars "BILLION BULLETS" hype a few years ago.
I've used tons of Fiocchi, at one shop I go to, when they get 9, that's literally all they get. In the past year or so I bought like 3 cases of it. Also a ton of their shotshells.

I've used tons of Fiocchi, at one shop I go to, when they get 9, that's literally all they get. In the past year or so I bought like 3 cases of it. Also a ton of their shotshells.
TS had a run of it somewhat recently

We might be at an inflection point, boys. The big online component retailer just upped its daily purchase limit of out-of-stock primers from 1000 to 2000.

I+get+what+youre+saying+and+that+we+shouldnt+judge+_e5f8299149b67807aa81bfcfcab137b8.gif

The other aspects of what you said make sense. Lead mines are being shut down in the US, I remember reading most lead for ammo was reclaimed lead, not freshly mined.

I've shot thousands of rounds of it in 9, 40, 300Bl and .223 as well as 12GA. Not crazy about the way their 9pellet low reocil patterns but other than that its good stuff, seems to be loaded a tad hotter than your run of the mill magtech/blazzer profile.

I've shot Fiocchi 9mm in 115 grain, it's fine. I have about 10 boxes of Fiocchi 20GA #9 on my shelf for skeet - it's good stuff.

We might be at an inflection point, boys. The big online component retailer just upped its daily purchase limit of out-of-stock primers from 1000 to 2000.

View attachment 447913
It was about time. They couldn't have primers lasting 15min in stock, they had to go back to selling out in 5min or less.

I've shot thousands of rounds of it in 9, 40, 300Bl and .223 as well as 12GA. Not crazy about the way their 9pellet low reocil patterns but other than that its good stuff, seems to be loaded a tad hotter than your run of the mill magtech/blazzer profile.
Good info, I've seen some youtubers sponsored by them, I'll check them out when the retardation ends.

Fiocchi headquarters is in Italy. Most of their ammo is manufactured in Italy. Maybe it isn't making ammo for our military but for the Italian military...

Fiocchi headquarters is in Italy. Most of their ammo is manufactured in Italy. Maybe it isn't making ammo for our military but for the Italian military...
They have a huge US manufacturing presence too.... i want to say factory is in MO....

I've never seen Fiocchi ammo other than in ads. Maybe someone is buying it, but most federal agencies shoot Federal or Winchester. Maybe the military shoots it? Does Fiocchi make bullets for other labels?
Mostly known for LE and skeet ammo, but Fiocchi ammo was common in NH gun shops for years, mostly 115gr FMJ 9mm. Often seen as the "cheap practice ammo" at Riley's.

For the US market Fiocchi of America has a factory in Ozark, MO and last summer they expanded an ammo plant in Little Rock.

When does Remington start delivering in volume again?

Seriously though, Vista bought Remington's ammo business... and it sounds like they're tooling up to begin production again... but remember, that shits been down for
months probably at this point, (between rona and the bankruptcy etc) and they going to be waaaay behind. This is good news regardless, though....

Dude have you ever heard of the term "cold start" ? The logistics chain etc for such an operation is massive.

Plus even if they are producing ammo, it's like trying to fill a drinking water reservoir by pissing in it. If they keep pissing 24/7 for a few months, you might see some
accumulation... but its going to take awhile.

It's all this f***ing corona bullshit, IMHO. Lots of facilites were basically closed for a month, sometimes longer, or production cut way back for those times. Some still may not be
at full output. So you have like 2 months worth of lost production (March, April) which correlate to peak demand for guns in america in like our lifetime.

The fact that this wasn't a lot worse, sooner, is actually some kind of a f***in miracle, actually. But there are a lot of input factors into the general malaise here.
So, they are now shipping ammo!

1614011209959.png

Back
Top Bottom