***Ammo Scam Alert***

glockforlife

NES Member
There is a website called opticsandammo.com that has a host of Better Business Bureau complaints. The main theme is orders are taken but the product is never shipped. A link with a representative number of complaints is below:

High prices are part of supply and demand but the buyer should get what they paid for!

Fascinating business model.

They have 31,306 different items on their website. Wow! So, even if they were legit, they would be a drop-shipper, which would negate any "we have it in stock" claims. But the fun is just beginning!

If you use a credit card and it somehow goes through, their return policy effectively states that you have to wait for 6 months before cancelling, which puts you outside the credit card dispute window. If you cancel and dispute the charge before their limit, they threaten to go after you with small claims and collections enforcement, plus random charges for "disparagement", "arbitration", etc.

If you don't use a card and send cash/check/wire, they just keep the money and don't ship.

Such a deal!

.....checking all the guns sites i have up in different windows with the carts full in case I hit the lottery now

Oh I do. I just think posting about them scamming people when they wouldn't ship here but then realized there are a lot of other people on NES who live in free states.

Correct. We also all have plenty of like-minded friends we talk to who are not in the Northeast and need to know about scams like this.

Correct. We also all have plenty of like-minded friends we talk to who are not in the Northeast and need to know about scams like this.
i agree with your sentiment but i've retired from being crime dog. you can take the helm spreading the news.

people need to be diligent when they buy from the internet. sometimes they see in stock a hard to come by item and blindly throw down an order complete with credit card number. i've done it myself in a rush to get my order in before it's sold out..and i've never heard of the company before. i just did it and after i hit "order" i found out the place was in canada. [banghead]

The claim buyers are bound to a contract of adhesion that includes a $1000 negative review fee. It appears they have never heard of the Consumer Review Fairness Act of 2017 that put an end to such nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom