Ammo Scalping Article with Kittery Trading Post Interview

You’re a friggin hoarder !😂😂😂
No a hoarder is the guy who fights and buys up everything he can during panic times. I did small disciplined bi-weekly purchases over the past 8 years so i consider myself a "disciplined reactive prepper". Creating inventory for happy shooting when i retire !👍

No a hoarder is the guy who fights and buys up everything he can during panic times. I did small disciplined bi-weekly purchases over the past 8 years so i consider myself a "disciplined reactive prepper". Creating inventory for happy shooting when i retire !👍
I bet you can't wait to retire, I can't!

A hoarder is anyone other than yourself who has an ample supply of the product you need but failed to stock up on.

RSR is a seriously wonky distributor. When you log onto them from a MA account, they hide everything they think you should not have including all handguns they dont think are compliant. They do other crazy shit like hide all regulated items if your MA dealers license is not on file and current (which of course you dont need to sell out of state). Their policies around ammo pricing and back orders and allocations and... No, they are not selling ammo within 10% of pre-covid pricing. Manufacturers have significantly raised their pricing just for starters.

Zanders ammo doing a quick sampling is up at least 50% from pre-covid pricing. I have an open back order with them from April 2020 and every item in that back order is 50% or more higher now than it was when I made the backorder. I dont expect to ever have that back order fulfilled...

I have a receipt from Sports South for 9mm from a couple weeks ago that was a few cents a round lower than TSUSA pricing. No where close to pre-covid pricing.

I do see something interesting on a couple distributors that I have gotten ammo from. Their listed prices are still "low". But even the ammo I got recently was much more than what it shows when out of stock. So they are not updating the master price list, just adjusting as it comes into stock based on market and then letting it revert when it is out of stock.

So anything listed but not in stock I think gives you no information on pricing. Only invoices matter at this point.
No he planned ahead.
Or as @Rob Boudrie would say “prudent inventory management”...I think I got that right 😂
All reloader are hoarders. That is how you get good pricing.

The beauty is for $1000 you can have enough powder and primers to last several years.
Bullets are never scarce because they are so easy to make. (no, I'm not going to list suppliers but there are major suppliers still taking backorders who will ship in 60 days)
And brass, well, nobody buys brass and if you have thought ahead, you have several 5 gallon buckets of brass in the garage, just. waiting for times like this. (the only thing that sucks is sorting and cleaning the stuff that came from outdoor ranges)

Exactly. A few years ago a friend decided to get out of reloading. He offered me a sizable quantity of primers for $23 per thousand. I didn't need any more primers, but thought, "Hmm, its not like they go bad and they won't ever be cheaper". So I bought him out. I am fortunate in that I have a climate controlled outbuilding in another state where I store the vast majority of my primers and powder.

As a point of reference to the non-reloader here. An 8 lb jug of powder normally costs $160 and is enough for about 14,000 9mm reloads. So it doesn't take much before you have years and years of supplies on hand.

During the 2013 shortage, I shot a lot of 9mm because my reloaded 9mm was less than the replacement cost of my .22 LR. Ha.

For crissakes man, flip that plug 180 under the panel. It's punching me in the OCD.
electrician-the-electrical-outlets-saw-you-and-they-are-shocked-stacy-mccafferty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom