Ammo Question

I have some Winchester Ranger 9mm +p I bought at Atlantic Tactical a year or so ago. I got 1000 rounds and have used 200 rounds with no issues. I've noticed from the start that the primers seem dirty. I figured I'd shoot them and see if they work, which they do. Is there anything to worry about with the remaining 800 rounds? I carry this occasionally alongside gold dot, so I shoot a few mags every range trip. It's stored in a cool, dry ammo box. I did some research on Winchester ammo and some people say it's tumbler media, but I've never seen this with Speer or Federal SD ammo. Any info is appreciated.

ranger ammo 1 .jpgranger ammo 2.jpgranger ammo 3.png

I have some Winchester Ranger 9mm +p I bought at Atlantic Tactical a year or so ago. I got 1000 rounds and have used 200 rounds with no issues. I've noticed from the start that the primers seem dirty. I figured I'd shoot them and see if they work, which they do. Is there anything to worry about with the remaining 800 rounds? I carry this occasionally alongside gold dot, so I shoot a few mags every range trip. It's stored in a cool, dry ammo box. I did some research on Winchester ammo and some people say it's tumbler media, but I've never seen this with Speer or Federal SD ammo. Any info is appreciated.

View attachment 167236View attachment 167237View attachment 167238

The AMMO should be "FINE"

I sure hope your pistol is "RATED" for 9mm+P (some are NOT)

I have seem damaged pistols from using +P ammo

From the pictures (viewed on cell phone) it looks like oxidation.
I have tumbled my HXP ammo from CMP that was dirty/corroded. Not sure if pistol ammo is safe to tumble like the rifle stuff is.

It's a G26, so I think I should be good. I'll shoot the dirtiest looking ones at the range soonest to get rid of them.

I would just dust it off and use it. Ranger is good stuff, but yes, that funky dirt/media on the ammo is normal.

-Mike

From the pictures (viewed on cell phone) it looks like oxidation.
I have tumbled my HXP ammo from CMP that was dirty/corroded. Not sure if pistol ammo is safe to tumble like the rifle stuff is.

That's strange because I bought it in a brand new brick of 1000, sealed in a factory box. Guess It'll definitely be my practice carry ammo.

It's a G26, so I think I should be good. I'll shoot the dirtiest looking ones at the range soonest to get rid of them.

- - - Updated - - -

[rofl]

FROM GLOCK WEBSITE:

Can I use +P and +P+ ammunition?
Glock suggests using ammunition that is manufactured and meets SAAMI or industry specifications. If you are not sure the ammunition brand or type you choose is safe for use, call the ammunition manufacturer and ask if the product meets SAAMI guidelines before using it in you firearm. Some +P ammunition meets these guidelines, +P+ normally does not. This ammunition may generate a higher pressure over the standard loadings, and may shorten the component life of your firearm.

FROM GLOCK WEBSITE:

Glock suggests using ammunition that is manufactured and meets SAAMI or industry specifications. If you are not sure the ammunition brand or type you choose is safe for use, call the ammunition manufacturer and ask if the product meets SAAMI guidelines before using it in you firearm. Some +P ammunition meets these guidelines, +P+ normally does not. This ammunition may generate a higher pressure over the standard loadings, and may shorten the component life of your firearm.

They pretty much don't care, at least the 9mm Glocks don't. Guys used to shoot Hirtenberger 9mm out of G17s all the time, no issues.. and that shit was HOT.

-Mike

FROM GLOCK WEBSITE:

I don't give it a steady diet of plus p. Usually just to finish off the range trip. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom