• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo Inc. Acquires Gunbroker Site for $240 mill.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Good call i guess...There’s a lot of risks associated with that investment..

It’s not a surprise though because GunBroker has been going downhill for a long time

Keyword being legal, I’m so tired of hearing about the gun show loophole an online loophole and boyfriend loophole. I’m good never buy another gun in my life at some point it just sounds so full retard

I was at Mass Firearms today and it was full of people. At least 20 women in the women's only class. People of all walks of life from young to old. 8 million new shooters in the last 12 months and every month is a record breaking month for sales.

I don't see how they're going to turn the spigot off.

Liberals painted themselves into a corner.

First they said POTUS was a racist mass murder, then they say cops are killers and then they OK peacefully rioting.

Good luck putting the genie back in the bottle. Everyone wants to get strapped. Conservatives and liberals alike.

The prices are too high and the .gov doesn't step in and control the price gouging on things he wants to buy ?

Well the sellers and buyers do all suck. The issue with gun broker itself is......It’s just shit..Never mind they’re $500 guarantee. I doubt they’ve ever paid that out in their life

I was at Mass Firearms today and it was full of people. At least 20 women in the women's only class. People of all walks of life from young to old. 8 million new shooters in the last 12 months and every month is a record breaking month for sales.

I don't see how they're going to turn the spigot off.

Liberals painted themselves into a corner.

First they said POTUS was a racist mass murder, then they say cops are killers and then they OK peacefully rioting.

Good luck putting the genie back in the bottle. Everyone wants to get strapped. Conservatives and liberals alike.
Did they have any ammo? Cause last time I checked (earlier in the week) they had no 9mm. Not even for rentals.

Did they have any ammo? Cause last time I checked (earlier in the week) they had no 9mm. Not even for rentals.
Mass Firearms has Magtech 9mm, 22LR (Federal 800 round boxes), 300 Black out, 5.56, 30-06 a lot of rifle calibers.

I only shoot 9mm, 12 ga, and 5.56 right now so I didn't pay too much attention. I do want a 6.5 bolt action soon though.

Well the sellers and buyers do all suck. The issue with gun broker itself is......It’s just shit..Never mind they’re $500 guarantee. I doubt they’ve ever paid that out in their life
A lot of new buyers have no idea what ammo prices were before.

1000$ for a 9mm pistol with a few hundred bullets seems like a good deal for a newbie trying to protect their family or livelihood.

I’m never the one to say what anyone “needs”. Stockpiling for training or future shortages does makes sense...

This is better advice than Joe Biden.mgnoob, “Get yourself two guns load them up and you’re good to go. Then just buy your ammo strategically..”

Yeah, you guys got me refering to myself in the third person

GB is an unintentional form of gun social media though, recently I met a couple of great remote dealers from there just based on the shit they had for sale, and then contacting them out of
band on it, etc.

I love Gun Broker.

The most rare and unobtainable things in Mass can be found there - if you are willing to pay.

I even found a Noveske upper last year before they vanished from the internet.
It cost me a fortune though but now I feel like I got a good deal.

It's the ultimate price reference when you want to see what your own stuff is worth.

Just stick with people with A+ feedback.
If the have NO feedback and demand paypal gift - run away.
If they have great feedback and you can do a check on their name and address after you buy something and even talk on the phone to a landline with a seller that is good before you send funds.

You can even buy 2020 Colt Pythons.

They cost a premium but if you want it now - GB has them.

It's like your own personal gun show.
You can look up what you want.
You wont smell swamp ass or have to deal with crop dusters.

You'll miss the jerky and pickles though.

Apparently a bunch of people are betting on the gun industry. Sort of risky given Obiden but payoffs huge more than likely long term. I can't see dropping 240m for a friggan auction site, though.
The investment in Gunbroker, I get that.

But look at their financials. I am having a hard time understanding where the money came from. They will pay part in stock and part cash.

NES screen name?

Seriously, here's some more info on him:

Seems that he (and his husband?) is a rather atypical Trump supporter. I know a few gay MA Republicans and they are invariably hard-core Never-Trumpers.

GB is an unintentional form of gun social media though, recently I met a couple of great remote dealers from there just based on the shit they had for sale, and then contacting them out of
band on it, etc.
At this point I’ll just admit I’m a gun snob...If I wanted to buy something I contact my arms dealer. Way cooler than dealing with this Internet bullshit

The investment in Gunbroker, I get that.

But look at their financials. I am having a hard time understanding where the money came from. They will pay part in stock and part cash.
Ammo is buying a company that pulls the same revenue, but is more profitable for 6 times ebitda.
They sell ammo in 2021. A record ammo year. Yolo!

VSTO bought Remington, and some shotshell company this year. Maybe there's a trend...

I got to stop selling them at cost.
Ammo is buying a company that pulls the same revenue, but is more profitable for 6 times ebitda.
They sell ammo in 2021. A record ammo year. Yolo!

VSTO bought Remington, and some shotshell company this year. Maybe there's a trend...

We’re almost out of cans over here :)
As long as you sell it at a loss you’re not in the business of selling ammo are you? It’s like the opposite of what you would fill out on an FFL

I love Gun Broker.

The most rare and unobtainable things in Mass can be found there - if you are willing to pay.

I even found a Noveske upper last year before they vanished from the internet.
It cost me a fortune though but now I feel like I got a good deal.

It's the ultimate price reference when you want to see what your own stuff is worth.

Just stick with people with A+ feedback.
If the have NO feedback and demand paypal gift - run away.
If they have great feedback and you can do a check on their name and address after you buy something and even talk on the phone to a landline with a seller that is good before you send funds.

You can even buy 2020 Colt Pythons.

They cost a premium but if you want it now - GB has them.

It's like your own personal gun show.
You can look up what you want.
You wont smell swamp ass or have to deal with crop dusters.

You'll miss the jerky and pickles though.

So your take is you can buy anything online? I might just be old but I like to go look at things touch them and make sure they’re not illegal before they show up on my front steps. Be careful on GunBroker those unobtainable items you’re getting online are what will land you in trouble

I’ll go with the dark web over GunBroker any day. Which is really just being a member of any forum..

I’ve learned about 100 new words this year

So your take is you can buy anything online? I might just be old but I like to go look at things touch them and make sure they’re not illegal before they show up on my front steps. Be careful on GunBroker those unobtainable items you’re getting online are what will land you in trouble
The upper was of proper length and pinned and welded.

If not, I could have taken it to a gunsmith.

As long as it's not assembled to a lower, I think I could keep a flash hider on it anyway until it gets made into a working firearm.

Certain magazines which are very rare that I like have very distinctive features that I can document as pre ban. No ambiguity there. I have books with the details that are authoritative in case I need to prove anything.

I'd rather pay for a pre ban than lose my LTC by having something illegal.

My take is As long as you own any preban lower you can own as many uppers as you want...Similar to if you own an SBR you could have several uppers for it...

It doesn’t really even matter...You’d have to have faith they are just gonna f*** you anyway.

I apologize my comment was directed at you, but I meant to generalize it but for some reason I put "he" at the end.

Don't think I ever read anything about you "skinflinting" or complaining about prices.

I think it's the exact opposite. [smile]

Bloomberg spent twice that on his dismal, failed primary bid. He could easily buy all US gun and ammunition manufacturers and simply shutter sales to other than law enforcement and military. If he’s ever diagnosed with terminal cancer - he might just do that...assuming he believes his own drivel.

"Gun stores had revenue of about $11 billion, IBIS World said in its 2018 report. Gun and ammunition manufacturers had revenue of $17 billion, but the majority of that revenue comes from the defense side of the equation: arms sales to the U.S. and foreign governments."

Back
Top Bottom