• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo In MA

I have found good deals at Four Seasons from time to time, and if you add in shipping costs, most mail order places ends up roughly the same.

I have seen Dicks sporting goods has sales pretty often, they had 9mm for $7 a box last week, if you bought ten boxes.

I was looking at my ammo reciepts today and shopping around for a couple of cases of 45acp.

Right now Four Seasons has 45acp for $279 a case the same price as Midway and that's for the cheaper FMJ.

Dick's is cheaper and even better you can catch a sale.

What about 7.62x39 or .223?

Walmart sells both of these as well. Generally cheaper then most places. Yes, if you look around for a sale, you can get ammo cheaper. But, every day prices has Walmart beating most gun stores in price.

Typcially, I'll buy from a gun store to help support them if I know it's a good place or if I need ammo in a caliber that isn't carried by Walmart.. Sometimes though it's hard to beat the price.

Oh, and I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart.

Typcially, I'll buy from a gun store to help support them if I know it's a good place or if I need ammo in a caliber that isn't carried by Walmart.. Sometimes though it's hard to beat the price.

Oh, and I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart.

I like to support the local shops too, but I feel the same way as you about Walmart.

I buy my ammo from a variety of sources. My defensive ammunition (Federal HSTs for 9mm and .45, Hydra-Shoks (the good ones) for .40 and .357) come from Four Seasons, nowhere else. My blasting ammo comes from Walmart except that occasionally I'll pick up a Ultramax box of .38 SWC or .45 LRN from Dicks. My rifle ammo comes from wherever is cheapest. Currently for 30-06 that is AFS in North Attleboro, and currently there is no such thing as cheap .308 so I'm living on what I have.

Dick's in West Springfield has a decent assortment.

Picked up a few boxes of Wolf .223 for about $3.50 ea. a couple weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom