• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo from RI to MA?

Can a friend from RI who does not have any LTC or FID permit transport ammo from RI into MA for me? Ammo in RI is apparently much cheaper than MA and RI doesn't require a permit to buy ammo.

Thanks!

cuz my friend is coming into town. I thought I would send him to Walmart to pick up a few boxes on his way up. But it sounds like he can't, so I may just have to go myself one wknd.

Thanks!

G.L. (2008 ed.), ch. 269, sec. 10(h)(1):

(h)(1) Whoever owns, possesses or transfers a firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition without complying with the provisions of section 129C of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $500.

Ch. 140, sec. 129C (partial):

Section 129C. No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B.

Back
Top Bottom