Ammo for sale, bring your organs

While I get all of that this is a little different. You're not selling on the open market. You're selling ammo to hopefully like minded individuals during some odd times. But then again that's what the members only forum is for where everything is 80% off.

On the other hand ammo is hardly food and water, or any similar kind of necessity. And if you are that hard up for it - to the point where you're really worried about your own survival - maybe find a way to scrape up a little more to buy some.

Did you get the latest coupons for the members only ammo subforum? I was able to double a few of them up.

Last edited:
PS the going rate for .45ACP, assuming you can find it, is a dollar per round.

I have not seen it anywhere for sale at retail, just at flea markets down here, I got 100 rounds for $40 which was a steal IMHO, the next week it was $45 for 50 rounds

yeah, so... I sent in a GSSF certificate yesterday for a .45 G41 longslide. Because after thinking about it for a couple of months - I don't really want another 9mm - I really do have enough.

Looking at ammo for that .45 - I have about 1000 rounds on the shelf. That's because I have a couple of 1911s down here that I shoot occasionally, where occasionally really means "rarely".

I load the pistol calibers that I shoot the most of, 9mm, .38spcl, .357mag and .357sig, and I've got good quantities of loaded ammo, components and even some factory ammo, (bought before I started loading).

GSSF has a 20 week lead time on that G41. Dillons has a 14 week lead time on the conversion kit for .45. I just placed the order for the conversion kit. I have powder, primers and I can pick up range brass this weekend - I should probably go order some bullets now...

$40. for a box of 45acp ball is tough to swallow, but that's where we are now. And that's not exactly full on rape. For that, look at Cheaper Than Dirt. I won't even post the link because I don't want to make anyone sick. Winchester White Box 230 grain ball for $80/box. $1.60/round. Now that's rape.

While I get all of that this is a little different. You're not selling on the open market. You're selling ammo to hopefully like minded individuals during some odd times. But then again that's what the members only forum is for where everything is 80% off.

Everything is 80% off in the members forum?!? Maybe that’s why the starting price for 9mm is .80/rd. in there?

Its comforting to know while i have never gotten a great "deal" on buying any of my guns, ive scored a LOT of reloading bullets over the past 8 years buying private sales on various forums for awesome deals. So paying $.076 / per bullet for a .223 55 gr fmj was smart investing. Think im up to about 19,000 bullets in various weight .223's. independence feels awesome....

"Gun Ownership... will be limited to the Bourgeoisie." ~Enbloc

Just like masks and Sand Hanitizer and terlet-perper, eventually EVERYONE that is gonna stock up no matter what the cost is gonna be stocked up. Then production is greater than demand and prices fall.

It's not like we're in an active shooting war or something that's sucking all the ammo. Everyone is buying it. . . and dropping it in their basements. At some point, the basements are full.

I got all of my ammo years ago. Only thing I HAD to get was some 300BLK ammo - paid handily for it back in Sept/Oct. Would hate to see what it's going for now.

Check out this score. I picked up about 5 cases like this of mixed caliber ammo for these prices ($6 to $12 per box of factory ammo):

(back in December 2019) ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9461.JPG
    IMG_9461.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Just like masks and Sand Hanitizer and terlet-perper, eventually EVERYONE that is gonna stock up no matter what the cost is gonna be stocked up. Then production is greater than demand and prices fall.

It's not like we're in an active shooting war or something that's sucking all the ammo. Everyone is buying it. . . and dropping it in their basements. At some point, the basements are full.

I got all of my ammo years ago. Only thing I HAD to get was some 300BLK ammo - paid handily for it back in Sept/Oct. Would hate to see what it's going for now.

I think the deal with 300blk is that it's hard to find at any price. Of course I was selling 800 rds of quality stuff on here for $1.50/rd (my actual cost from TS and Rainier over the summer) and nobody wanted it.

Gauging a fair sale price is tough when it's not actually in stock anywhere. For example, I have a case of this stuff that I'm sort of holding onto at this point because I don't know what I could realistically get for it: Sellier & Bellot 300 AAC Blackout Ammo 147 Grain FMJ . TSUSA says $1500 for a case but they don't have it. Other places with limited stock are selling it for $2/rd. I figure I'll just hold on and see what it's worth in 6 months.

If I burn 30 bucks in gas to save 30 bucks on ammo, is that a win, a loss, or a draw??
If you burn 30 bucks in gas to buy ammo,
you turn this
f6a21d38d707a51b75484062e499ce3e.jpg

into this
GretaThunberg1569387038998.jpg

So drive further to buy all the ammo!

Would Lake City 5.56 green tip be a fair trade round for round with 9mm or .45 carry ammo? Serious question as I have no idea what the actual cost of ammo is.
If/when TSHTF, I’m shooting ball. Heck, edc backup magazine is fmj. If I need my backup mag (since shortly after The Don got into office I went from single stack to G19 with a 17 backup mag) over penetration is not going to be a concern. If 16 rounds of JHP hasn’t gotten me out of the situation or behind a rifle, IDGAFF!!

If/when TSHTF, I’m shooting ball. Heck, edc backup magazine is fmj. If I need my backup mag (since shortly after The Don got into office I went from single stack to G19 with a 17 backup mag) over penetration is not going to be a concern. If 16 rounds of JHP hasn’t gotten me out of the situation or behind a rifle, IDGAFF!!

Agreed, pistol is a backup or means to get to, a rifle with true rifle rounds (not a PCC). Depends on what’s out there though which mags go in first. FMJ and green tips? Or the fun red tip and hollow pointy buggers?

Agreed, pistol is a backup or means to get to, a rifle with true rifle rounds (not a PCC). Depends on what’s out there though which mags go in first. FMJ and green tips? Or the fun red tip and hollow pointy buggers?
Yea, it does depend on what you’re shooting at. I am rarely in any area where overpenetration could pose a problem.

We need to start a thread for whiners here: "Gougers Are Charging Rape Prices For 30 Round AR15 Mags"! Post date it...because you can buy 30 round mags all day long for $10 -$12 dollars today. BUT, a year from now, when the going price is $45....... "The Horror! I was too f***ing dumb to buy them when they were plentiful at $10.....so now I'm pissing my panties because someone had the foresight to stock up when they were cheap and plentiful."

I love these price gouging rants. Outrageous ammo prices wouldn't exist if there weren't people willing to pay outrageous prices.
Very true.

My MA house was part of a mid-1950s development where the original selling prices were $14-16K. Currently, neighborhood prices (actual sales) are in the $450-600K range.

It's just the way things are in a free market society.

We need to start a thread for whiners here: "Gougers Are Charging Rape Prices For 30 Round AR15 Mags"! Post date it...because you can buy 30 round mags all day long for $10 -$12 dollars today. BUT, a year from now, when the going price is $45....... "The Horror! I was too f***ing dumb to buy them when they were plentiful at $10.....so now I'm pissing my panties because someone had the foresight to stock up when they were cheap and plentiful."
Cant tell you how many friggin times i read a post years ago when ammo was plentifull, and where Johnny cheap azz brags "he aint payin' $389 for a 1k case of brass cased PMC 223 ammo because 2 months prior the price was $379. Now Johnny cheap azz has only 200 rounds of ammo left. Hows that disciplin working for you now ?

My MA house was part of a mid-1950s development where the original selling prices were $14-16K. Currently, neighborhood prices (actual sales) are in the $450-600K range.
That's some force multiplier right there.

I know that NES delivers,
but those neighbors are really gonna miss you and D. when you've finally moved away, L.

I think the deal with 300blk is that it's hard to find at any price. Of course I was selling 800 rds of quality stuff on here for $1.50/rd (my actual cost from TS and Rainier over the summer) and nobody wanted it.

Gauging a fair sale price is tough when it's not actually in stock anywhere. For example, I have a case of this stuff that I'm sort of holding onto at this point because I don't know what I could realistically get for it: Sellier & Bellot 300 AAC Blackout Ammo 147 Grain FMJ . TSUSA says $1500 for a case but they don't have it. Other places with limited stock are selling it for $2/rd. I figure I'll just hold on and see what it's worth in 6 months.

wow. I thought i overpaid for Hornady for $1.20 a round. Looks like I got a deal.

Back
Top Bottom