Ammo Cans. What's your preference?

What material ammo can do you prefer?

• Old School Steel

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Modular Plastic

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
I mostly use 50 cal steel cans. Most of mine just have ammo in original boxes. I've got some full of loaded stripper clips in Chinese bandoliers, and I have a couple full of loaded magazines with a label on the outside that says 'baby pictures'.

A couple of years ago they were selling 50 cal cans at the Manchester show, two for $15.

Is $10 for a 50 cal ammo can a good price now?

Is $10 for a 50 cal ammo can a good price now?

That's a pretty good price. I've seen them everywhere from $10-$18. I got some from Blackstar Surplus a few weeks ago, and their price was $14 shipped to me if I bought 4....so I bought 8[smile] I like mine steel, and reloads go in loose, factory jhp goes in it's boxes.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

50cal cans all I buy now. Pistol ammo I dump into the can. All rifle ammo I keep on stripper clips. Boxes are just wasting space in the can.

I have a few of the plastic ones and I won't buy them anymore. The lids flex when you lift them up, unsealing the can. You can't even fill one half full with .22lr before the lid almost pulls open.

There's nothing like the satisfying pop of a steel can when you open it.

Back
Top Bottom