• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ammo cans in WMass?

Andreas

NES Member
Anyone know of a good source for ammo cans (or other good storage) in western MA?
I guess I could just pop down to CT and hit cabela's for the plastic ones, but didn't know if there were better options.

Danke

Can't help with Western Mass. If you head down 91 just past Hartford on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington is Military Specialties. They had a fair selection of new and used plastic and steel storage last time I was in there. Next door is BMG guns. They are a class 3 dealer and stock milsurplus guns and ammo. Just down the road is Hoffmans.

The MTM can isn't bad, but I would not carry it with a full case and you can get it shipped from Amazon. I lock it up with my ammo at home. I prefer to take a regular ammo can to the range and I got mine from Four Seasons. Need a few shipped to you? :) Ammo cans from Cheaper than Dirt aren't a great deal once you factor in shipping.

Haven't been there in awhile but the Army Barracks on Riverdale Road in West Springfield used to have ammo cans at a fairly reasonable price. They're in the same plaza as the 99 Restaurant, near Costco and Dick's.

Haven't been there in awhile but the Army Barracks on Riverdale Road in West Springfield used to have ammo cans at a fairly reasonable price. They're in the same plaza as the 99 Restaurant, near Costco and Dick's.

Yup, that's where I got a lot of mine.

Ahh yes! I always forget about that place... I'll have to give them a call, thanks.

I usually pick them at the Big E gun show for about $9.00. But I also have got them at the Army Barracks in west Springfield for about $13.00

Well, tried Army Barracks today.. no luck. They wanted close to $20 ea and they were in rough shape. Guess I'll just keep my eye out or wait for the next show.

ETA: Thanks for the link Swampy! I may go that route.

Well, tried Army Barracks today.. no luck. They wanted close to $20 ea and they were in rough shape. Guess I'll just keep my eye out or wait for the next show.

ETA: Thanks for the link Swampy! I may go that route.

$20 each! Holy crap, that's some serious inflation. I picked up 4 .30cal cans from that place about a year ago for $10. One of them still has the price sticker on it, so I'm positive that's how much I paid.

Maybe once they've been tripping over their $20 cans for a few months they may come back to the real world. I want to say I was paying around $6 for a .50 can and similar to Ochmude for .30's last time I was there. FWIW, they give (or used to give) a MIL/LE discount as well.

I used to pick up a couple at the Big E show, there was someone who had the 2 new .50's in the crate for a good price. Couldn't find them this time around and I wasn't really impressed with what was there for the price they wanted.

ETA: Road trip? http://albany.craigslist.org/spo/2274304329.html

Last edited:
You can always try eBay too. I've gotten some decent deals there before, even with shipping factored in.

I saw that Nick's in Palmer had a few but they wanted $15 apiece. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom