Ammo Bunker

Guys I work at this store part time since December and I'm slowly turning things around in the store lol....I'm telling them the firearms they need to have in stock and I've changed the membership benefits because the owner doesn't want to go away from it. So the membership perks we hold the hard to find ammo .22 9mm 380 and 45 however I have the owner ordering so much 45 that 45 is off the list. One year is 125.00 the Lifetime membership is 300.00....now before you go crazy everyone spent 300 on stupid things before however the 300.00 gets you firearms at cost. Yes we don't make a profit off of this however it shows our distributors that we can turn their product over. We have 200+ members so something is working, I've been part of this site for a long time and I read what you guys write and I'm trying to switch gears in this store. The name is also changing to AB Outfitters as in MA its more of a friendly name. I'm usually always here and I still love four seasons and will buy anything good deal he has I just hate being shoulder to shoulder with people and I hate having deli ticket number I dont even like ordering cheese at the deli that way. Anyways give this store another shot we aren't closing anytime soon we are actually picking up pace and doing crazy numbers already. The guy who talked about Ammo bunker on this before has been fired and no longer working here because he wasn't customer friendly so stop by say Hi I'm Jon I'm usually always here and I'll take feedback on what you guys would like to see on the shelves and what not I'm trying to make another good gun shop in the area. So don't brush it off give us another shot now that we are under new management (me and Mike) we also list most of our firearms on gunsamerica and armslist

Last edited:
I stop in occasionally, I am sure I will stop in again. I do have to say I find the membership thing to be a put off in general. Hopefully you have good luck improving the store and offering more product at good rates.

I drove up there the other Saturday 1 pm ish and it was closed.
If I get a chance I will swing by again some weekend.
Membership sounds interesting .. Would love to get a Gen 4 Glock 19 at wholesale price [laugh2]

Yes I was put off by it too thats why I altered it already and once we get our bulk stacks of ammo the ammo will be for sale to everyone and members enjoy the wholesale prices. People travel from as far down as the Cape to get the wholesale pricing, but everyone is different no worries. I'm too easy going to get upset about what people say about anything haha

For $300 I can get 1,120 rounds of .223 ammunition.

I assume you are allowed to shop before you sign up? I would want to see some kind of price list before considering shelling out $300 to be a member to buy ammo. and pay taxes on the ammo.

you said the $300 gets you guns for wholesale, but you said you do not turn a profit. So do you mean you get guns for cost? at wholesale you are still making something on them, cost you are not. also are the guns discount for a lifetime too?

cost.....yes sorry! and yeah we can give you prices before you buy just ask and anyone can shop here and the one year membership gets you 20% off your first new gun purchase 10% off other new gun purchases but lifetime gets you the firearm at cost so if you plan on buying multiple firearms its a good deal you make you're 300 back in no time. soon we are getting pellets for 223 9mm 45 380 and 40

Last edited:
ok thanks, just of of curiosity what is a typical price for a case of .223/5.56.

I know prices fluctuate and different vendors and manufactures have different prices, Im not holding you to numbers just trying to get a ballpark idea.

right now we have american eagle 55grain 5.56 120round count for 60bucks members get it for about 3bucks less but typically 20 rounds go from 10-12bucks a box

cost.....yes sorry! and yeah we can give you prices before you buy just ask and anyone can shop here and the one year membership gets you 20% off your first new gun purchase 10% off other new gun purchases but lifetime gets you the firearm at cost so if you plan on buying multiple firearms its a good deal you make you're 300 back in no time. soon we are getting pellets for 223 9mm 45 380 and 40

What's a new P227 go for?

Thanks for your responses. Just not worth it for me personally where I am located.

I'm skeptical that the membership discount will be offset enough by the discounts to really make a difference in the short/medium term. The pricing you are providing sounds like what we can find at other local stores without having to pay for the privilege of giving the shop money.

I do like that you are attempting to fix things though and will keep an eye to see if any future changes impact my buying decisions.

Points for making the effort and posting here how your listening to and adjusting to please your customers. Good luck. I'll be in for a look around.

I guess if you have money to burn, or buy A LOT of high priced guns you can probably do ok with a membership deal like that, but for me personally, I would use the $300 to buy another gun, or at least a decent part of one, or a case of ammo, etc. I just never seem to have an EXTRA 3 benjis that I can afford to spend with no immediate return.

What's the membership price for 1000rd of .40? I can generally find it for 35c a round without a membership. I'm a Costco member, and in general I find Costco to be consistently 10-20% less than most retailers, 30% less on sales. Is that a number you can confidently match for large purchases? If so, I think you'll do very well. If not, it's going to be hard to justify shelling out 300 dollars for a marginal benefit. Good luck. I'm definitely interested, but your price on .223 is not encouraging.

FWIW My annual membership paid for itself several times over. They weren't offering the life membership when i signed up. With the discount on guns and ammo it doesn't take long. The inventory is a bit limited but they are clearly making an effort to build the inventory. Plus as the OP stated you can order a gun and get a great deal. If I remember correctly they are offering a fairly good price on transfers too.

I drove up there the other Saturday 1 pm ish and it was closed.
If I get a chance I will swing by again some weekend.
Membership sounds interesting .. Would love to get a Gen 4 Glock 19 at wholesale price [laugh2]

I'd join and buy so many Glocks...

Would swim in them like Scrooge McDuck

I'd join and buy so many Glocks...

Would swim in them like Scrooge McDuck

[laugh2] classic. I would also be interested. I am always in the area and would be willing to invest the money for long term benefits. Thanks OP for the honest post. Will definitely swing in soon and check the place out.

What's the membership price for 1000rd of .40? I can generally find it for 35c a round without a membership. I'm a Costco member, and in general I find Costco to be consistently 10-20% less than most retailers, 30% less on sales. Is that a number you can confidently match for large purchases? If so, I think you'll do very well. If not, it's going to be hard to justify shelling out 300 dollars for a marginal benefit. Good luck. I'm definitely interested, but your price on .223 is not encouraging.

Excellent points and questions! I guess the answers may make the difference in determining it's value, but as you point out, the .223 is the price everyone else seems to have it for lately.

What are your hours tomorrow. I am in the market for a few things and wouldn't mind checking the place out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Went in once when you guys first opened. Not much inventory but im sure thats changed! Ill try to make it in soon.

Back
Top Bottom